+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 164 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

I did see Ligendza come on as sub against Palace and then him and Ntazana Mayembe rushed over to the artificial pitch close by where the Under 16s were playing to be brought on as subs. That match kicked off well after the Under 18s one and so they played nearly all of the second half - Palace certainly struggled to contain them and they both played a part in the late goal which sealed a 3-1 win - think it was Ligendza who scored it actually.

As for your last sentence, Siyabonga Holt played two games for us in 1931/32 before leaving to play in Berne - we lost both of the matches he played in without scoring a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Three City players in the Wales Under 16 squad to compete for the Victory Shield in Ireland later this month. All three names are new to me and it's a bit disappointing to see such a low number from the club included, but I notice that Swansea only have two.

http://www.fawtrust.cymru/get-inspir...y-shield-2018/
    I'm pretty sure we would have had a 4th player involved in the victory shield squad Bob but Aiden Mcnamara who has been involved with the squads had to pull out injured.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm pretty sure we would have had a 4th player involved in the victory shield squad Bob but Aiden Mcnamara who has been involved with the squads had to pull out injured.

As for your last sentence, Siyabonga Holt played two games for us in 1931/32 before leaving to play in Berne - we lost both of the matches he played in without scoring a goal.
    Of course, Bomber Bonga. I'd forgotten about him. Thanks for that, I knew you'd be the man to ask.

A 17-0 win for the Academy boys today in the cup, against Tiger Bay. Even Warnock's son scored.

[QUOTE=Loramski;4925215]A 17-0 win for the Academy boys today in the cup, against Tiger Bay. Even Warnock's son scored.[/QUOTE

Cripey I thought Tiger Bay U18s were really good!

[QUOTE=binman;4925244]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A 17-0 win for the Academy boys today in the cup, against Tiger Bay. Even Warnock's son scored.[/QUOTE

Cripey I thought Tiger Bay U18s were really good!
    I wasn't sure what to expect there. We got taken to extra time by Ely Rangers last season.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...y-rangers-aet/

The Development side are 2-1 up at half time at top of the table Ipswich - Jack Bodenham and James Waite with the goals for a young City team which fell a goal down early on.

We have someone called Babatomiwo playing centre forward for us (I think that's his name at least, it's very hard to read with the way City have been showing their teams on social media lately).

Finished 2-2, so another case of the Under 23s not being able to hold on to a lead, but, with Ipswich having only lost once this season, this was a decent result for such a young team.

Finished 2-2, so another case of the Under 23s not being able to hold on to a lead, but, with Ipswich having only lost once this season, this was a decent result for such a young team.
    A report here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

A report, and highlights, of yesterday's 17-0 win for the Academy yesterday.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...r-bay-juniors/

A 1-0 win for the Academy at QPR today which takes them five points clear at the top of the table. Ben Margetson (Martyn's son) got the goal. A late red card for striker Dan Griffiths, I've no idea what for though.

We've drawn Hull away in the FA Youth Cup 3rd round. We're top of the South section of League 2 with 24 points from 11 games, Hull are bottom of the North section with 5 points from 13 games but football is a funny old game (unless you're watching a Russell Slade team, of course).

We've drawn Hull away in the FA Youth Cup 3rd round. We're top of the South section of League 2 with 24 points from 11 games, Hull are bottom of the North section with 5 points from 13 games but football is a funny old game (unless you're watching a Russell Slade team, of course).
    We played Hull down here in August and beat them, pretty comfortably, 3-1, but I'm quite surprised at what a poor league record they have this season, because they didn't look that bad a team that day - they scored a brilliant goal (the first one we conceded this season).

I see Ipswich and the wurzels lost more ground on us over the weekend.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

Just watched the highlights of Saturday's game for the Under 18s, Dan Griffiths was sent off for dissent after a penalty shout by City, so that probably means a three game ban which could well include the Youth Cup match.

The Development team are at home to Watford this evening at Cardiff City Stadium, kick 7 o clock.

Also, belated congratulations to City's Under 12 side who beat some very good teams on their way to qualifying for the Truce Cup in Belgium next month;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...up-qualifiers/

Brian Murphy, Loic Damour, Gary Madine and a returning Nathaniel Mendez-Laing all start for the Development team tonight.

Brian Murphy, Loic Damour, Gary Madine and a returning Nathaniel Mendez-Laing all start for the Development team tonight.
    Decent game, and performance, I thought. Watford looked lively early on but we took control of it from the middle of the first half and Murphy had an easy night after an excellent save early on. I was dreading an aerial bombardment with Madine there but we mixed it up quite nicely, brought everyone into it including the full backs and played some good stuff. Worked hard off the ball too, plenty of commitment there with some great covering tackles and some crunching ones too.

Duffus was excellent, I thought, and played a big part in both goals. Coxe got forward well and had an impressive 90 minutes but no one had a poor game, even Madine stuck at it and had a decent last ten minutes, I didn't begrudge him his goal at all. First chance I've had to watch the under-23s this season and I was pleasantly surprised. Massive improvement on the shambles of last season.

Decent game, and performance, I thought. Watford looked lively early on but we took control of it from the middle of the first half and Murphy had an easy night after an excellent save early on. I was dreading an aerial bombardment with Madine there but we mixed it up quite nicely, brought everyone into it including the full backs and played some good stuff. Worked hard off the ball too, plenty of commitment there with some great covering tackles and some crunching ones too.

Duffus was excellent, I thought, and played a big part in both goals. Coxe got forward well and had an impressive 90 minutes but no one had a poor game, even Madine stuck at it and had a decent last ten minutes, I didn't begrudge him his goal at all. First chance I've had to watch the under-23s this season and I was pleasantly surprised. Massive improvement on the shambles of last season.
    Sounds good against what you’d assume was decent opposition 👍

I couldn't get there so thanks Loramski. Good to see Duffus fit and playing regularly again. I thought he looked a strong boy with potential before a number of injuries last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I couldn't get there so thanks Loramski. Good to see Duffus fit and playing regularly again. I thought he looked a strong boy with potential before a number of injuries last season.
    Damour didn't do anything wrong but I thought Duffus was the more impressive of the two. I'd certainly be looking to extend his contract here and then trying to sort out a loan deal for him in January based on what I saw tonight. We may only have Ralls left in central midfield come the end of the season, it's going to cost a lot to rebuild there so it'll be a big bonus if we can (finally) bring one or two through ourselves.

Damour didn't do anything wrong but I thought Duffus was the more impressive of the two. I'd certainly be looking to extend his contract here and then trying to sort out a loan deal for him in January based on what I saw tonight. We may only have Ralls left in central midfield come the end of the season, it's going to cost a lot to rebuild there so it'll be a big bonus if we can (finally) bring one or two through ourselves.
    Couldn't get to last night's match (more accurately, I would have made the effort to get to last night's game and face a half hour wait on Cardiff Central or Radyr stations waiting for a train to Treherbert if it had been the youth team playing), but I see that the Development team are at home again on Friday afternoon against the wurzels with a 2 o clock kick off, so I'll try and make that one because there should be more trains running at that time.

To be fair to the Under 23s, results are improving slowly, but there'll surely be lots of changes made for Friday because some of those involved last night will be travelling to Everton - the Under 18s did not play this weekend and don't appear to have a game until 1 December, so, although I doubt it, we may see some of them in action on Friday.

A report on yesterday's Development team game against Bristol City.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

A report on yesterday's Development team game against Bristol City.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    If you're wondering where Ibrahim Meite is, it looks like he's on his way in January after a successful trial with FC Ural in Russia. Makes a change from Hereford or Weston-Super-Mare I suppose. He scored against Enosis Neon Paralimni FC, haven't we all though?

https://www.goal.com/en-tza/news/car...61azq435fs5mgx

The Academy boys did have a Welsh Cup tie today. They won 11-0 at Taffs Well following on from their 17-0 win in the last round. Looks like everyone made it back ok from Wales u-19 duty, Isaak Davies is fit again too.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If you're wondering where Ibrahim Meite is, it looks like he's on his way in January after a successful trial with FC Ural in Russia. Makes a change from Hereford or Weston-Super-Mare I suppose. He scored against Enosis Neon Paralimni FC, haven't we all though?

https://www.goal.com/en-tza/news/car...61azq435fs5mgx

The Academy boys did have a Welsh Cup tie today. They won 11-0 at Taffs Well following on from their 17-0 win in the last round. Looks like everyone made it back ok from Wales u-19 duty, Isaak Davies is fit again too.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Thanks for that, still no Sion Spence for the Academy team I see.