+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159160161162163164165166167168169
Results 4,201 to 4,218 of 4218

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

4-3 to Hull, we’ve been second best for about thirty five minutes.

Finished 4-3, Hull kept the ball better than us and deserved to win, but City played some really nice stuff at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Every time I watch the young Colwill play I'm amazed how he has not featured in the first team more often.
    1. Bulut has to justify signing Siopis on ab3 yr deal
    2. Wintle ... I have nothing

Eli King would also be a step up from those two and in an ideal world, apart from Centre forward, it is the area we need to improve the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Every time I watch the young Colwill play I'm amazed how he has not featured in the first team more often.
    I agree. He looks streets ahead of many of our established central midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The Leeds v Man City FA Youth Cup Final is tonight (Friday) at 7.00. I assume Charlie Crew will be playing.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/aca...s-leeds-united
    Crew played in a 4-0 defeat for Leeds tonight. He's been voted their under-21 player of the season which is pretty impressive considering he's not 18 until next month. The future looks bright for him.

A 3-1 win for the u-18s at Crewe today. Osian Rees with two and Mannie Barton, a 16-year-old who seems to have had a strong finish to the season, with the other.

Feels like a very good season at that level. A few rogue results in there but overall it's been impressive, especially with so many of the stronger players moving up to play for the u-21s throughout the campaign. Beecher and Giles have got some pitch time for the first team, Lawlor, Twose and Mafico have made the bench. It's encouraging, let's hope these lads continue to make progress here.

Highlights of and a feature on Friday's under 15s win are now on the club website - I didn't know that the former Sheffield Wednesday defender Reda Johnson was employed as a youth coach by City.

Louis Phillips is, apparently, on trial at Charlton. Which suggests he's not being retained.

He's had a very good season and clearly has talent. Suffers from being a little small and probably for being exactly the same type and style of player as Josh Beecher who is clearly highly rated and is the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Louis Phillips is, apparently, on trial at Charlton. Which suggests he's not being retained.

He's had a very good season and clearly has talent. Suffers from being a little small and probably for being exactly the same type and style of player as Josh Beecher who is clearly highly rated and is the same age.
    Hope it's a successful trial for him if he's being released.

I only saw him play once, he scored two goals and (I think) got an assist but you've summed his situation up well there. The bar is pretty high this season, he won't be the only good player to be released. Hope he finds himself a club and goes on to do well for himself.

Highlights of the u-18s win at Crewe on Saturday here. Osian Rees is another one who's a bit vertically challenged but this isn't the first free-kick he's put away this season.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

Also, highlights of the u-21s defeat to Hull last week for anyone who missed it. From the sublime to the ridiculous here. Our third goal is excellent, Ronan Kpakio looks like a real prospect, but our first goal and their third beggar belief.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

The finals of the under-17s Euros start in Cyprus on Monday. Jake Davies, Jac Thomas and Ronan Kpakio are in the Welsh squad.

I don't know who the strongest teams are at that level but playing Denmark, Austria and Croatia doesn't feel like the group of death for Wales although it'll be tough out there I'm sure. Odd tournament; no Germany, Holland or Belgium involved and England, France, Spain and Portugal are all in the same group.

Wales first game is against Denmark at 4.00 on Monday afternoon.

The finals of the under-17s Euros start in Cyprus on Monday. Jake Davies, Jac Thomas and Ronan Kpakio are in the Welsh squad.

I don't know who the strongest teams are at that level but playing Denmark, Austria and Croatia doesn't feel like the group of death for Wales although it'll be tough out there I'm sure. Odd tournament; no Germany, Holland or Belgium involved and England, France, Spain and Portugal are all in the same group.

Wales first game is against Denmark at 4.00 on Monday afternoon.
    A bump for this post, hopefully the game will be streamed on the Welsh FA or Scorpio's You Tube site.

Didn't Wales beat Croatia in their qualifying group or am I imagining it? Sure we beat them in Croatia in one of those qualification mini tournaments recently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A bump for this post, hopefully the game will be streamed on the Welsh FA or Scorpio's You Tube site.

Didn't Wales beat Croatia in their qualifying group or am I imagining it? Sure we beat them in Croatia in one of those qualification mini tournaments recently.
    We beat them in a qualifying game in October 22 but it was a different squad then. Kpakio was on the bench but Armstrong, Giles, Lawlor and Perrett were in the team with Mafico, Debono and Twose also on the bench. Crew played but Biancheri was suspended.

We beat them in a qualifying game in October 22 but it was a different squad then. Kpakio was on the bench but Armstrong, Giles, Lawlor and Perrett were in the team with Mafico, Debono and Twose also on the bench. Crew played but Biancheri was suspended.

I see that in the Wales U16 squad, Hayden Allmark is listed as a Cardiff City player. He has played for the Welsh National age group teams for the last couple of years as a Liverpool player.

Is this a typo, or has he been released by Liverpool and then signed for us? Dragon Soccer is usually quite accurate

I see that in the Wales U16 squad, Hayden Allmark is listed as a Cardiff City player. He has played for the Welsh National age group teams for the last couple of years as a Liverpool player.

Is this a typo, or has he been released by Liverpool and then signed for us? Dragon Soccer is usually quite accurate
    Listed as a Cardiff player again for today's match.
    He's on the bench, with Rob Tankiewicz starting.
    https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/index.php?id=889

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Listed as a Cardiff player again for today's match.
    He's on the bench, with Rob Tankiewicz starting.
    https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/index.php?id=889
    transfermarkt etc, say he was at Liverpool last season, so maybe he is a new recruit to the academy?