+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Two more goals for James Waite at Weston last night, I make it 11 in his last 13 games for them. Of course I wouldn't expect him to replicate that kind of form at Championship level but he's probably the closest we've got to another Tomlin type player at the club, I'd be disappointed if Harris hasn't at least considered him. There'd be the shock value as much as anything else, imagine if we'd suddenly brought on a technically gifted, inventive player with an eye for goal last night. It would've been the last thing Forest expected.

The Academy game was called off today but Joel Bagan got his first start for Notts County as they won their FA Trophy quarter-final 5-0. An online player ratings thingy gave him a 7, saying

'Showed why Cardiff rate him as a great prospect as he showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas. Showed maturity on the ball and always looked for the right pass.'

It's not often you see 'Cardiff' and 'showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas' in the same sentence so well done Joel.

An article on Ntazana Mayembe here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...could-17863663

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The Academy game was called off today but Joel Bagan got his first start for Notts County as they won their FA Trophy quarter-final 5-0. An online player ratings thingy gave him a 7, saying

'Showed why Cardiff rate him as a great prospect as he showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas. Showed maturity on the ball and always looked for the right pass.'

It's not often you see 'Cardiff' and 'showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas' in the same sentence so well done Joel.
    A first league start for Joel yesterday. In at the deep end, Notts County were away to league leaders Barrow. He played at wing back as County went with three at the back. A couple of key incidents went their way, Wayne Rooney's brother missed a first half penalty and then Barrow had a player sent off early in the second. County took advantage and went on to win 2-0.

Bagan seemed to come through it well. I'm not sure who does the ratings after County games, it might be his missus for all I know, but they're impressed. Joel was given a 9 with this very encouraging write-up.

'Defended with maturity given his young years. Had a tough opponent in Josh Kay, but kept him under wraps for large spells in the first half. Such a great prospect. Wonderful performance.'