Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
A very enjoyable game last night - here's my report on it.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
Spot on. The second goal summed it up, you're right. We'd tried a couple of times to break through the middle with passes and flicks but when that didn't quite come off we just started again, went down the flank instead, got in behind them, put a good ball in for an onrushing midfielder who put it in the net. Football didn't seem that easy when Slade was here, it doesn't seem that easy under Warnock for a lot of the time either but hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd assumed that we'd struggle to hold central midfield when Veale went off but I couldn't have been more wrong. Waite was the more eye-catching in there but Spence also seemed completely unfazed by the responsibility and strolled through his 45 minutes with the minimum of fuss. Halford soon realised that the pair of them didn't need babysitting and spent most of the half playing as a right-winger to keep himself interested. Coxe looked composed too and while Harris didn't stand out, there were moments of quality from him.

Waite needs to grow though. Fair enough, no one got near him for most of last night so it wasn't an issue but the one time he did get shoulder-barged he nearly lost possession in a dangerous position and was still rubbing his shoulder a minute later. Obviously there's nothing the club can do about it, bar making him sleep in a greenhouse, but surely it's going to delay, or even halt, his progress if he doesn't start developing physically soon?