Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Good stuff. As Blue in the Face says, it certainly won't be easy to evolve to this style of play at first team level but at least Warnock is showing some flexibility with systems and personnel which doesn't rule it out entirely, even if he's here for a while. It will be interesting to see what happens when he feels he can start to relax his obsession with 'no-nonsense' defending. The build up to Waite's goal shows the extra attacking options that a ball playing centre-half and a full back pushing on can give you (even a full back as seemingly limited as Halford). On that theme, it was encouraging to see Declan John on the bench yesterday.

I see Luke O'Reilly has joined Redditch. Those guys are going out thick and fast, it's a shame we haven't found it so easy to offload some of our first team squad.
Not sure Warnock will ever relax his obsession with no nonsense defending and, although I think he represents an extreme end of this argument, I'm with him to the extent that I'd take a good defender with limitations on the ball over someone who is good on the ball, but defensively suspect.

I think O'Reilly is a very good "line" keeper - I did read that he's gone to Redditch on loan didn't I?

One other thing, the average age of the Under 18 team seems to go down week by week lately, but that didn't stop them winning 1-0 at Colchester yesterday thanks to another goal by Isaak Davies, who I would expect to see getting some experience in the Development side fairly soon.