+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I cannot believe that the PM couldn't be bothered to show up for the game. She's lost my vote. (She never had my vote)

How did Jack Bodenham do by the way? I've seen his name on Wales youth team lists for what seems like ages. Think this may have been his DVP debut yesterday perhaps. Also Wootton is a name I know nothing about.
    Regarding Wootton, I'm much the same as you - I must have seen him play before, but not knowlngly so.

I think you are right about Bodenham, I'm not aware of him having played for the Development team before - he's only broken into the Under 18s this season. He came on for Jordan Blaise early on and he and Connor Young were a very inexperienced centreback pairing for this level, but they both did well - one of them may have let their man go for the equaliser because the scorer was in a lot of space, but overall, they coped well.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Regarding Wootton, I'm much the same as you - I must have seen him play before, but not knowlngly so.

I think you are right about Bodenham, I'm not aware of him having played for the Development team before - he's only broken into the Under 18s this season. He came on for Jordan Blaise early on and he and Connor Young were a very inexperienced centreback pairing for this level, but they both did well - one of them may have let their man go for the equaliser because the scorer was in a lot of space, but overall, they coped well.
    Great that Bodenham and Young are being given a chance above their age grade at least and let's hope can step up ahead of time. And hopefully the later can emulate his old man.

Found this on Wootton on the acdemy website...

Laurence Wootton

Midfielder

Laurence is another new face for the young Bluebirds, having joined from Stoke City this summer. The young midfielder, known for his creativity, will be looking to cement his place in the U18 starting eleven ahead of the coming campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Great that Bodenham and Young are being given a chance above their age grade at least and let's hope can step up ahead of time. And hopefully the later can emulate his old man.

Found this on Wootton on the acdemy website...

Laurence Wootton

Midfielder

Laurence is another new face for the young Bluebirds, having joined from Stoke City this summer. The young midfielder, known for his creativity, will be looking to cement his place in the U18 starting eleven ahead of the coming campaign.
    Thanks, Wooton features a fair bit in the video of Saturday's 1-0 win at Colchester last weekend on Cardiff City World - one of the home team's players was shown a straight red card in the early stages of the game for a two footed lunge at our number seven.

Heavy defeat for the DVP team today at Palace. Sullay Kaikai gave the first team problems at Brentford so I'm not surprised he was too good for our youngsters. A report off the Palace site here, it gives our team at the end of it.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2...y-3560042.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Heavy defeat for the DVP team today at Palace. Sullay Kaikai gave the first team problems at Brentford so I'm not surprised he was too good for our youngsters. A report off the Palace site here, it gives our team at the end of it.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2...y-3560042.aspx
    Given the experience (or lack of it!) in our team, the result is hardly surprising if the likes of Kaikai were typical of their team. Interesting to see that Weymans was in our team. Haven't heard about him for a while so I assumed that he was part of the recent cull. Also was that Theo Wharton in our line up? Last heard that he was on trial at Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Given the experience (or lack of it!) in our team, the result is hardly surprising if the likes of Kaikai were typical of their team. Interesting to see that Weymans was in our team. Haven't heard about him for a while so I assumed that he was part of the recent cull. Also was that Theo Wharton in our line up? Last heard that he was on trial at Coventry.
    We were trying to set up a loan spell for Weymans at Kortrijk in January and he spent some time out there but the deal didn't go through so it looks like he's back with us for the season now. Wharton played two games for Coventry's u-23s but it seems they're not taking their interest any further.

It's frustrating trying to keep up with what's going on at that level. I'm sure the club feel there's not a lot of interest which is fair enough but I'd have thought a brief weekly update wouldn't be beyond them. It's hard to work out whether players are out of favour or just injured. Where's Robbie Patten, for example? I don't remember seeing news that he's been released but he seems to have disappeared into thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    We were trying to set up a loan spell for Weymans at Kortrijk in January and he spent some time out there but the deal didn't go through so it looks like he's back with us for the season now. Wharton played two games for Coventry's u-23s but it seems they're not taking their interest any further.

It's frustrating trying to keep up with what's going on at that level. I'm sure the club feel there's not a lot of interest which is fair enough but I'd have thought a brief weekly update wouldn't be beyond them. It's hard to work out whether players are out of favour or just injured. Where's Robbie Patten, for example? I don't remember seeing news that he's been released but he seems to have disappeared into thin air.
    I was speaking to Robbie's dad before Christmas, he's got a back injury and the way he sounded, it doesn't surprise me that we've not seen him play since.
    Agree with you about the club doing more to keep supporters up to dare with what is happening below first team level - is there anything about the Under 23s, under 18s etc. In the programme?