+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 161 of 167 FirstFirst ... 61111151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4168

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    sounds like a man of the match performance to me then
    Never in doubt. They gave him the champagne during the warm-ups to save faffing around afterwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68344931

Pathetic standard of football!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not quite as hyped as the previous u17 squad but there are still some highly rated players in there and those are impressive results in Bosnia, also beat Belgium a couple of months back

A tough ask but would be very impressive to reach back-to-back Euros

Wonder if Colwill will make the senior squad or remain with the under 21s next month?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Not quite as hyped as the previous u17 squad but there are still some highly rated players in there and those are impressive results in Bosnia, also beat Belgium a couple of months back

A tough ask but would be very impressive to reach back-to-back Euros

Wonder if Colwill will make the senior squad or remain with the under 21s next month?
    I think he could be back in the senior squad, he offers something a bit different.

Biancheri training with the first team squad at Man United.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...welsh-28733348

Biancheri training with the first team squad at Man United.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...welsh-28733348
    Oddly enough, I'd looked up Biancheri's stats earlier in the week. They weren't screaming 'stellar' at me. 5 goals and 3 assists is impressive but he's only been given six league starts for the under-18s, didn't play in the FA Youth Cup, has only been given seven minutes in the Uefa Youth League (which runs alongside the Champions League) and nineteen minutes for the under-21s.

In contrast, Charlie Crew played four games in the FA Youth Cup for Leeds but, other than that, he's been with their under-21s (who play in the same league as Man Utd), making eleven starts. He was captain for the recent game with Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Oddly enough, I'd looked up Biancheri's stats earlier in the week. They weren't screaming 'stellar' at me. 5 goals and 3 assists is impressive but he's only been given six league starts for the under-18s, didn't play in the FA Youth Cup, has only been given seven minutes in the Uefa Youth League (which runs alongside the Champions League) and nineteen minutes for the under-21s.

In contrast, Charlie Crew played four games in the FA Youth Cup for Leeds but, other than that, he's been with their under-21s (who play in the same league as Man Utd), making eleven starts. He was captain for the recent game with Arsenal.
    I thought the same, that sounds like a pretty modest beginning to life at Old Trafford, but training with the first team squad is pretty impressive I suppose.

I think Crew may well get a senior Wales cap within a year, although the fac5 we don’t play as many friendliest now might work against him.

I thought the same, that sounds like a pretty modest beginning to life at Old Trafford, but training with the first team squad is pretty impressive I suppose.

I think Crew may well get a senior Wales cap within a year, although the fac5 we don’t play as many friendliest now might work against him.
    I think dependent on how the playoffs go we could well be seeing a few debuts dished out in the June friendlies

Two games for City age group sides today. The under 18s are away at Barnsley with an 11 o clock kick off, then, as that match finishes, the under 21s kick off at 1 o clock at Leckwith against Ipswich - there will be the normal live streaming of this match on You Tube.

Two games for City age group sides today. The under 18s are away at Barnsley with an 11 o clock kick off, then, as that match finishes, the under 21s kick off at 1 o clock at Leckwith against Ipswich - there will be the normal live streaming of this match on You Tube.
    U18s lost 3-1.
    Callum Robinson starting for the u21s.

Nice goal by Joel Colwill puts the under 21s 1-0 up.

1-0 half time, City deservedly in front in quite an open game.

Ipswich score two within three minutes of the restart and now we’re losing!

Dunno who City invited to the dressing room to give a rousing half time team talk, but I’d ask for their money back if I were them. We’ve been dreadful since half time - it’s still 2-1, but Ipswich have also hit the woodwork twice while I don’t think we’ve had a goal attempt of any description yet this half.

3-1, we’ve been woeful this half.

Finished 3-1, the under 21s haven’t been too good all season, but that second half was as poor as I’ve seen them. Colwill finally forced their keeper into a second half save with about two minutes left, but it was the only goal attempt I can remember after the interval.

A dress rehearsal for Saturday tonight as the under 21s travel to Swansea for a 7 o clock kick off - can't see there being a stream of the match unfortunately.

Ashford, Robinson & Sawyers playing for the u21s tonight

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ashford, Robinson & Sawyers playing for the u21s tonight
    And they’ve just gone 1-0 down.

And they’ve just gone 1-0 down.
    Ashford 1-1

2-1 down.

Sawyers 2-2

2-2. Another injury time goal

Twose, Mafico, Lawlor, Beecher, Giles, George and Perrett all in the Wales under-19s squad for friendlies v Belgium.

Jac Thomas, Jake Davies and Ronan Kpakio in the under-17s squad for the Euro elite round against Romania, Bulgaria and Sweden.