+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A good win for the Academy boys this morning, 3-2 against Watford with all the goals coming in the last twenty minutes. Another terrific game. Very competitive with a real edge to it, some bad tackles flying in and I heard quite a few naughty words. Bellamy was up for it (of course), he managed to get in a shouting match with the linesman on the opposite side of the pitch which was funny. We used an interesting system, three at the back when we were in possession with right wing back Connor Davies tracking back to make a four when not, with the three moving over so centre back Joel Bagan became a left back. I think.

Hopefully TOBW will do a write-up, it was an eventful game. On what I've seen this season I'd definitely recommend going down to watch next time they're at home, which is December 1st apparently. Five away games now then three weeks off, I've absolutely no idea what that's about. Bizarre.
    Was having some dodgy electrics at my new home, hopefully, sorted out yesterday, so I couldn't make the game - no Sion Spence again I see, he must be injured.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was having some dodgy electrics at my new home, hopefully, sorted out yesterday, so I couldn't make the game - no Sion Spence again I see, he must be injured.
    I assume so, yes. Keenan Patten's been missing too.

It's a shame you missed the game, you'd have enjoyed it. A real edge to it, I'm not sure where that came from. There was a clash of heads early on between Reynolds and their player, whose nose was bust open and required a lot of treatment before, presumably, going to hospital. The incident led to a bad tempered kerfuffle between about ten players even though it was surely an accident. Bagan then got injured after a tackle, King too, Griffiths in the second half as well. Their sub got warned after an over the top tackle on King too.

Not quite the flowing game of last week, understandably, but we deserved the win. It was an unusual system but it worked ok. Connor Davies worked very hard up and down the right hand side, Isaak Davies took his goals well and Mayembe looked to have something about him on the left wing. Ratcliffe's handling was excellent throughout, he looks promising, but everyone played their part. Very interesting and entertaining.