Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Not sure Warnock will ever relax his obsession with no nonsense defending and, although I think he represents an extreme end of this argument, I'm with him to the extent that I'd take a good defender with limitations on the ball over someone who is good on the ball, but defensively suspect.

I think O'Reilly is a very good "line" keeper - I did read that he's gone to Redditch on loan didn't I?

One other thing, the average age of the Under 18 team seems to go down week by week lately, but that didn't stop them winning 1-0 at Colchester yesterday thanks to another goal by Isaak Davies, who I would expect to see getting some experience in the Development side fairly soon.
I take your point about out-and-out defenders, of course, but I reckon playing five of them is probably over-egging the pudding a bit. Even playing four at home seems a bit over the top at times but, like you say, that's Warnock's way. If he feels Gunnarsson and Ralls are strong enough to mind the fort then we may see our full backs creeping over the halfway line at some point but it's probably best that I don't get ahead of myself on that one.

I saw Redditch saying they'd signed O'Reilly on a temporary basis, which could mean a short-term contract or a loan I suppose. I haven't seen him tested enough to make up my mind about him yet but overall I'm happy with the restructuring at that level so I'll go along with whatever decisions are being made while hoping that we're not throwing the baby out with the bath water somewhere along the line.