Go get him Mehmet. Build a future.

Re: Omari Benjamin released by Arsenal

is he any good?

Is he Greek? Turkish?

Go get him Warncock.

Why? He's exactly the same age as Nyakhuwa and Matondo but not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Is he Greek? Turkish?
    Welsh apparently

He'll be nineteen in December - about ten years too young for Bulut.

Seriously, he sounds like the sort of player we should be interested in if we're looking for Premier League cast offs to play for the under 21s and we definitely need a striker at that level.

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2...s-at-the-club/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He'll be nineteen in December - about ten years too young for Bulut.

Seriously, he sounds like the sort of player we should be interested in if we're looking for Premier League cast offs to play for the under 21s and we definitely need a striker at that level.

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2...s-at-the-club/
    Purse did say they were actively looking at players around this age group to join the U21's. As a number of U21's have now advanced to the first team squad and some being released, the U21's has been left decimated somewhat. Some of the U18s are stepping up, but not quite enough of them. So signing players like Omari is a no-brainer.

I see someone saying he isn't as good as Nyakhuwa and Matondo, it's true that these are two players who look really talented - but Omari has had some great coaching with Arsenal and would add to the U21 group.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Purse did say they were actively looking at players around this age group to join the U21's. As a number of U21's have now advanced to the first team squad and some being released, the U21's has been left decimated somewhat. Some of the U18s are stepping up, but not quite enough of them. So signing players like Omari is a no-brainer.

I see someone saying he isn't as good as Nyakhuwa and Matondo, it's true that these are two players who look really talented - but Omari has had some great coaching with Arsenal and would add to the U21 group.
    Other than Colwill it wouldn’t surprise me to see most of those players back in the U21s if Bulut stays.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Why? He's exactly the same age as Nyakhuwa and Matondo but not as good.
    Really on what evidence is he not as good? He’s been in Arsenals academy for 5 years, played at every age level, at levels above City’s academy. He scored 18 goals for their under 18s, played and scored in last years FA youth cup final.

People moan about City losing youth players to Premiership academies. Here’s a chance to flip that around.

By the way I started the thread as irony, as he’ll almost certainly go to a club higher placed than City.

Can't be any worse than Etete?!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Other than Colwill it wouldn’t surprise me to see most of those players back in the U21s if Bulut stays.
    That is a real concern

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Can't be any worse than Etete?!
    This is a hill I am willing to die on - that Etete has all of the attributes to become a top top striker... if managed right and probably needs a loan to league one as a part of his development.

This is a hill I am willing to die on - that Etete has all of the attributes to become a top top striker... if managed right and probably needs a loan to league one as a part of his development.
    Shirley, at 22 & a half, he should be developed by now ?

Where do you want to be buried?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley, at 22 & a half, he should be developed by now ?
    Same age as Colwill and Tanner.

Are they fully developed?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Same age as Colwill and Tanner.

Are they fully developed?
    One needs to play more often, the other is shite, if he hadn’t scored against Abertawe town, no one would be mentioning him

One needs to play more often, the other is shite, if he hadn’t scored against Abertawe town, no one would be mentioning him
    So playing more would develop Rubin, but not Etete?

There’s nothing wrong with saying players are good or shite but you can’t have different rules for different players.

There’s certain attributes you can teach like positioning and certain attributes you can’t like pace.

Etete can be a better player in my opinion as all the things he’s lacking can be coached. Doesn’t mean he will but let’s not write him off yet.

So playing more would develop Rubin, but not Etete?

There’s nothing wrong with saying players are good or shite but you can’t have different rules for different players.

There’s certain attributes you can teach like positioning and certain attributes you can’t like pace.

Etete can be a better player in my opinion as all the things he’s lacking can be coached. Doesn’t mean he will but let’s not write him off yet.

Where did I say “don’t play Etete” ?

Where did I say “don’t play Etete” ?
    You suggested that Etete was fully developed but Colwill not, despite both being the same age.

I think he needs to use this next few months to put on some mass and he could be a very good asset.

He's bloody quick and you can't teach 6'6

You suggested that Etete was fully developed but Colwill not, despite both being the same age.

I think he needs to use this next few months to put on some mass and he could be a very good asset.

He's bloody quick and you can't teach 6'6
    No, I said “Shirley he should be developed”, thus insinuating he is developed

He definitely needs to be loaned out. Isaak back Etete to Belguim maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He definitely needs to be loaned out. Isaak back Etete to Belguim maybe?
    Davies isn’t going to get a look in upfront if Bulut stays.

Etete was bought as a project, there is a player in that weak frame, and that's the problem, these type of strikers don't get going for another 4 years, a lot drop down the leagues until they mature and some turn into monsters. Lambert, Moore, Holte.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Really on what evidence is he not as good? He’s been in Arsenals academy for 5 years, played at every age level, at levels above City’s academy. He scored 18 goals for their under 18s, played and scored in last years FA youth cup final.

People moan about City losing youth players to Premiership academies. Here’s a chance to flip that around.

By the way I started the thread as irony, as he’ll almost certainly go to a club higher placed than City.
    Have you seen any of these players play?They have been in the same U19 squads for the last 2 years and the U17 squad before that. There is plenty of footage to watch if you want to check it out. Or maybe you went to some if these matches on which to base your opinion?

I'm all for signing good you players from Prem Academies, but this lad plays in the same role as Isaak Davies and Ashford. He's an OK player and if he'd been an out and out centre forward he'd be worth a punt, but he plays a position that we are already blessed with a lot of talent.