Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
All left footed players seem to start off with by being stuck at left back and then move forward or centrally if they prove the talent to justify it.

What did Jamie Carragher say about Right Backs; 'They are all failed wingers or centre halves, nobody grows up dreaming of becoming Gary Neville'.

Beechers best work is done in the opposition half, but he's a tough little bugger as well so could do a job in defence. You also missed off Tom Davies - a very cultured, intelligent footballer.

Nyakhuwa has a real chance. The epitome of a modern attacker and could play anywhere across the front three. Has pace, physique and a good work ethic. I hope he gets his chance on the weekend.

An argument for not spending budget on Karlan Grant for next season is that in a Bulut system, we have Isaak Davies, Ashford and Nyakhuwa all vying for that position. Together can they cover it as adequately or better than Grant has done this season? I think so, but expect some unheard of South-Eastern European to be signed instead.
I hadn't forgotten Tom Davies (or Bagan) but with his contract up soon (as far as I'm aware) and with him unable to get a kick at Kilmarnock recently, it feels like the writing is on the wall for him here. We'll see. The three I mentioned are around 17-18, I'm not sure how the club will develop all of them but I wouldn't like to be the one making that call.

I'd love to see Ashford, Nyakuhwa etc break through next season, of course, but there's a long way to go yet. Morison was tempted by Eli King but sent him out on loan for a season to Crewe in League 2 instead. He'd fallen out of the picture there by Xmas. I think it's wrong to assume that throwing youngsters into a Championship side will automatically benefit both them and the team. I don't think it works like that at all.