Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I wonder how many players from our youth set-up look somewhat enviously at Tom Lockyer? He was released from the academy much sooner than those who have been waiting for an opportunity and has now played 156 games of senior football. Bristol Rovers aren't a million miles away from a play-off place either.
We can add Wes Burns and Regan Poole to that list too. But I think that's the nature of the beast when it comes to academies. Many will be late bloomers and I can't solely blame CCFC for that. It's a bit of a double edged sword. Reduce the numbers in the academy and there are bound to be some slipping through the net.

Think Bellamy nailed it the other week when he said that players have got to start looking like they have senior potential when they hit 18/19.

I'm not against us having a big number of players at the younger age groups though because of the examples we mention above. If the DVP player ages are younger altogether then that should mean we have more teenagers at the club than previously. So hopefully less losses with the likes of Poole etc.

These changes should've been made a while ago, but it's good it's been rectified now.