Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
It looked a strong team that started but O'Keefe lost the ball in midfield twice which led to their first two goals (keeper didn't do too well for those either). Damour also missed a clear cut chance and we should have been at least level at half time rather than three down. However, there seemed to be a huge improvement once those two had been replaced and I thought we were unlucky not to get at least a point. (Coventry no. 11 - Allasani - looked a good young player throughout).
Yes, O'Keefe was an absolute clown to start with. Swore at the 17-year-old Bagan for misplacing a pass then swore at Damour for doing the same before misplacing a number of passes himself as well as letting himself get dispossessed in key areas, as you say. The turning point was dropping Humphries into defence after half an hour, he gave the two young centre halves some much needed support as well as freeing up the two full backs (who were excellent I thought) to play pretty much as wingers. Suddenly the problem of having four centre-midfielders had been solved and we were fine after that. Everyone put a shift in, Williams & Bolger got a run-out, the Academy lads didn't look out of place and we could easily have got at least a draw if we'd got our second a bit earlier. Humphries was man of the match for me, really impressed by him tonight.