+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    1-0 up at HT - Kenniford penalty.
    Is it available to watch?

FT: QPR 3 - 2 Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    It wasn't, I was getting updates from twitter.

Under 18 league games are never streamed, but the Youth Cup match at Oxford, which I’m pretty sure is being played in midweek, might well be.

Zimba and Leahy offered to Cymru Premier and National League clubs for loan:

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2023/01/07/...ba-jack-leahy/

Zimba - with previous loans to Northampton and Newport - needs a successful loan spell. He hasn't stepped up as hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Under 18 league games are never streamed, but the Youth Cup match at Oxford, which I’m pretty sure is being played in midweek, might well be.

Today’s Under 21 match against top of the table Bristol City at Leckwith (kick off 1 o clock) is being streamed on the clubs You Tube channel. It’ll be interesting to see what the team looks like given that there’s the Youth Cup tie at Oxford tonight which, sadly, is not being streamed.

It’ll be interesting to see what the team looks like given that there’s the Youth Cup tie at Oxford tonight which, sadly, is not being streamed.
    And with players going out on / coming back from loans.

And with players going out on / coming back from loans.
    King and Zimba back in the team as well as Taylor Jones. Campbell plays and a new name to me, Dakari Mafico who was named in Wales’ under 16 squad in November.

King and Zimba back in the team as well as Taylor Jones. Campbell plays and a new name to me, Dakari Mafico who was named in Wales’ under 16 squad in November.
    👍

Cardiff are being completely overwhelmed by Bristol. Only once in the opening 20 minutes has Cardiff even got into Bristol's half. Cardiff look an incredibly poor team at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Cardiff are being completely overwhelmed by Bristol. Only once in the opening 20 minutes has Cardiff even got into Bristol's half. Cardiff look an incredibly poor team at the moment.
    seems a very experienced Bristol side, quite a few with lots of first team games

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    seems a very experienced Bristol side, quite a few with lots of first team games
    Yes, Owen Pritchard, who’s very good as a summariser, said he made it that the wurzels had around a thousand first team appearances in their team compared to about fifty in ours. Given that, I think we’ve done pretty well - impressed by the keeper and I really like the look of Dakari, although he probably should have scored from our best chance so far.

Great finish.

Great finish.
    deft

Vontae Campbell puts City one up - a reward for a very good ten minutes for City in which Zimba and Dakari could also have scored.

Yes, Owen Pritchard, who’s very good as a summariser, said he made it that the wurzels had around a thousand first team appearances in their team compared to about fifty in ours. Given that, I think we’ve done pretty well - impressed by the keeper and I really like the look of Dakari, although he probably should have scored from our best chance so far.
    Big step up for him if he was eligible for u16s in November, Massengo alone has over 100 senior appearances

Enjoyed that. Nice win for City.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Big step up for him if he was eligible for u16s in November, Massengo alone has over 100 senior appearances
    Finished 1-0 and City were the better team in the second half. I honestly think you could make a case for that being City’s best result of the season at senior, under 21 and under 18 levels.

Great win.

Thought King grew into the game and looked the part second half.

Just seen who was playing for Bristol City - lots of 1st team experience there (8 players according to Bristol World). Makes it an even better performance.

Just seen who was playing for Bristol City - lots of 1st team experience there (8 players according to Bristol World). Makes it an even better performance.
    I was fascinated by that comment about them having close to a thousand first team appearances and so I checked and it’s right - obviously King accounts for a lot of those, but DeSilva, Williams and Massengo have all played a hundred plus games.

Agreed about the summariser and the 2nd half summarise was just as good

In terms of team again agree with keeper and dakari but also though Benjamin at centre half and the number 10 gave solid performances as well

Enjoyable watch and I thoughthe ref was unfussy as well and seem to have a good rapport with the players

Wasn't able to catch the game but saw Semenyo played. Was he any good? With all the talk about Sang at RB and Campbell not being worth a go, it was forgotten we had someone who this time last year was given a taste of first team action - albeit for 2 minutes - at Liverpool. Presumably, if he was fairly close last year who should be even closer this time.