+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 165 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

First win of the season for the Under 23's as they came back from a goal down to beat Crewe 2-1.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityDVP?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    First win of the season for the Under 23's as they came back from a goal down to beat Crewe 2-1.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityDVP?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Great. I'm hoping Poyet proves himself to have something. (If he is still with us, I can't check twitter on my phone). We could really do with a centre mid of his description to serve as back up for the seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Great. I'm hoping Poyet proves himself to have something. (If he is still with us, I can't check twitter on my phone). We could really do with a centre mid of his description to serve as back up for the seniors.
    Poyet wasn't involved, so I think his trial period is over - don't know how he did on Monday, but he didn't impress me much in his first match against Sheffield Wednesday.

Haven't seen it anywhere else on here but Ibrahim Meite has gone to Crawley on loan till January. City are top of the Championship and Crawley are bottom of League 2 in case anyone is interested how far Meite has fallen.

Blog piece on yesterday's game.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Haven't seen it anywhere else on here but Ibrahim Meite has gone to Crawley on loan till January. City are top of the Championship and Crawley are bottom of League 2 in case anyone is interested how far Meite has fallen.
    Just when you thought you were going to get out of loanwatch...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S-IkWpm7TS0

Thanks for the info. Good chance for Meite.

Blog piece on yesterday's game.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Thanks. That sounded like a tough match to describe but you made it vivid. I mentioned on here that Coxe needs a loan. (And ccmb needs more of an excuse for the return of loanwatch). But I did think that if that were to happen then the would be a gap to plug in the DVP side. Sounds like this Attah trialist has a natural ability and has potential. Perhaps Harris could do with finding a loan too. He looks physically ready.

I would like the club to source a young talented centre mid somehow. If the ideal squad size for the seniors is to have two players for every position, then by my reckoning we are short in that department. Especially after the league cup showed us our weakness of depth in that department and that one or two senior names perhaps should be moved on. It would be good for us to find a young centre mid with potential that we could chuck into DVP games while waiting for a chance in the seniors.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 26-08-17 at 10:42. Reason: Loanwatch

Heisenberg

Just when you thought you were going to get out of loanwatch...
    It will just be 'Lone Watch' at this rate.

Blue in the Face

Five Cardiff players in the Welsh u19 squad to face Iceland next week... Saturday, 2 September (KO 3:00pm) and Monday, 4 September (KO 5:00pm)

Well done to George Ratcliffe, Jack Boddenham, Adam Sharif, Ryan Reynolds and Sion Spence.

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/wales-u...-iceland-test/

I'll post some links for the game if I can find any.

Blue in the Face

Five Cardiff players in the Welsh u19 squad to face Iceland next week... Saturday, 2 September (KO 3:00pm) and Monday, 4 September (KO 5:00pm)

Well done to George Ratcliffe, Jack Boddenham, Adam Sharif, Ryan Reynolds and Sion Spence.

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/wales-u...-iceland-test/

I'll post some links for the game if I can find any.
    Lies, he's filming Deadpool 2 at the moment...

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Lies, he's filming Deadpool 2 at the moment...

Think he might have had jokes like that before.

Swiss game is really good. Very high tempo. Wales 2-0 up away from home. Both Cardiff full backs playing.

David Brooks. Remember the name. Just scored a wonder goal. He'll be in with the seniors soon.

Swiss game is really good. Very high tempo. Wales 2-0 up away from home. Both Cardiff full backs playing.

David Brooks. Remember the name. Just scored a wonder goal. He'll be in with the seniors soon.
    I thought he looked very good for Sheffield United when we played them. Cracking little player, as was the kid O'Hare for Villa.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thought he looked very good for Sheffield United when we played them. Cracking little player, as was the kid O'Hare for Villa.
    Mate, he should probably be in with the seniors. He's got something you can't teach.

Good man!

Surprised he's back with Wales, didn't he switch his allegiance from Wales to England recently?

3 nil ft. Seen last 15 or so mins. As well as both fullbacks Harris came on for last 10 mins. Brooks does indeed look a player. Physically very strong, good attitude and no little ability.

Blue in the Face

Yes Emjay, Brooks switched back. My hunch is for good. He did stand out.

Thought our centre backs were good too. Nice third goal from George Thomas for 3-0 away to the Swiss. We have lads who can take players out of the game and we have goals in this side and we're hard to break down.

Brooks opted to play for England in the Toulon tournament and at the time it was reported that he had made his mind up about who he wanted to play his international football for, but, obviously, that's not the case.

What an impressive win that was - disappointing to hear the Welsh bench telling Mark Harris to take the ball to the corner flag when we were 3-0 up with about two minutes left though.

Thanks for the link blue in the face .

Brooks opted to play for England in the Toulon tournament and at the time it was reported that he had made his mind up about who he wanted to play his international football for, but, obviously, that's not the case.

What an impressive win that was - disappointing to hear the Welsh bench telling Mark Harris to take the ball to the corner flag when we were 3-0 up with about two minutes left though.

Thanks for the link blue in the face .
    Yeah, I thought exactly the same Bob, alien concept for fans of a certain vintage!

If Books continues to get minutes for Sheffield United and Woodburn remains out of the picture at Liverpool he'll be in the seniors very soon, could even be on the hypothetical plane to Russia if we somehow make it

With nine eligible squad members away on international duty, City's Development team have five trialists in their squad for this afternoon's game at Huddersfield - ko 1 pm.

With nine eligible squad members away on international duty, City's Development team have five trialists in their squad for this afternoon's game at Huddersfield - ko 1 pm.

Winning 2-0 after 60 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If Books continues to get minutes for Sheffield United and Woodburn remains out of the picture at Liverpool he'll be in the seniors very soon, could even be on the hypothetical plane to Russia if we somehow make it
    I'm sorry for ever doubting him

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Winning 2-0 after 60 minutes
    A 2-1 win for a City team with two trialist full backs and three trialist forwards - Huddersfield are usually very strong at this level (I've seen them stuff us twice down here), so this is a very good result for City.

Blue in the Face

Reminder guys that the Welsh u21s are away to Portugal tomorrow. I keep dropping the links for games in at last notice so folks don't see in time.

The u19s are supposed to be playing Iceland again at 17.00. Couldn't find a link for the last game but maybe that was a good thing. A few bluebirds involved though. Will try and find a link again.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm sorry for ever doubting him
    Doood. I made the same silly comment on another board. I don't think Woodburn would've got on if Ledley and Allen were available. So thank goodness they weren't. I cannot stop watching that goal. One of my favorite moments watching football.

A 2-1 win for a City team with two trialist full backs and three trialist forwards - Huddersfield are usually very strong at this level (I've seen them stuff us twice down here), so this is a very good result for City.
    Wow. Thanks for the update. Great result. I was sort of dodging the result knowing players would be missing. This French right back sounds decent from what you said last time. Shame Coxe didn't go out on loan but could be a good excuse to make him try different positions if we sign the Frenchy.