+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

May as well scrap the academy and save ourselves the money, absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It’s not even hidden, that’s the issue. It is there to help the PL clubs, so it’s part of the “greater good”
    So it needs to be shouted from the rooftops and have a bit of light shined on it and lets see if the greedy cnuts can justify it.

those are both pretty underwhelming loans or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Burnley just signed someone from Penybont for their under 21s so the standard can't be that bad

The academy system was already busted, but with the new Brexit rules it's now almost pointless.

If a player is any good and has the potential to make our first team, then he'll be gone before he's 17. Which means we're just bringing through players who will likely be released.

So what is the point?

Its an absolutely massive shame for a club not to have an academy, but if there's not going to be any benefit to having one (other than hoping the odd talent blooms "late" and avoids the fishing net), it's worth seriously considering if that money can be invested elsewhere.

And in the meantime try and focus on scooping up some of the hoarded big 6 talent that will inevitably be released at 18 or 19 for our B/U23 team.

The Davies loan might be useful but one would expect him to push for the first team squad next year. I don't hold out much hope for Leahy here so perhaps the club is helping him out with his next step?

Should really be playing at a higher level than that if they're going to break through into the 1st team in the next year or so shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Should really be playing at a higher level than that if they're going to break through into the 1st team in the next year or so shouldn't they?
    Vinnie didn't say which Premier League he wants us to play in...

Jack Leahy to Haverfordwest on loan for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Vinnie didn't say which Premier League he wants us to play in...
    Good point

To continue the glad tidings, the U21s were beaten 3-1 tonight at QPR but with a young team, although there isn't much detail even on the Academy Twitter feed. Probably too much going on to spare the media team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    To continue the glad tidings, the U21s were beaten 3-1 tonight at QPR but with a young team, although there isn't much detail even on the Academy Twitter feed. Probably too much going on to spare the media team.
    One thing I noticed about that game is that QPR are now calling their team QPR B - perhaps they're going down the Brentford route because of the situation with Academies discussed above?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One thing I noticed about that game is that QPR are now calling their team QPR B - perhaps they're going down the Brentford route because of the situation with Academies discussed above?
    It was a league game so I think they've probably just changed the name. I don't think Brentford B are in a league and just arrange friendlies, although they are in the Premier League Cup. They've played some fancy games though - Monaco, PSV, Como, err, Wealdstone, and they're in a tournament in Portugal at the moment. Nicer than a windswept Athletics stadium.

u18 lost 2 - 1 away at Reading this afternoon.

Chelsea have just signed Southampton’s best youngster, too. System is broken

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    u18 lost 2 - 1 away at Reading this afternoon.
    Early in Mick McCarthy’s time in charge, City won something like thirteen consecutive games at senior, under 21 (might have been under 23 then ) and under 18 level - I make it eight straight defeats now for those teams now.

U21s playing again today, away at Colchester. Doesn't look like there's a stream.

Bagan, King and Campbell all turning out for the U21s today https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...65405083508736

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bagan, King and Campbell all turning out for the U21s today https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...65405083508736
    Who’s Lewis?

Edit - think it’s him.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/player/256

1-0 down at half time.

No Xavier Benjamin, in the squad for Hull? Is Eli King playing at centre back today?

Looks like O'Dowda or Simpson left back tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No Xavier Benjamin, in the squad for Hull? Is Eli King playing at centre back today?

Looks like O'Dowda or Simpson left back tomorrow
    Yeah, looks like Benjamin could be on the bench tomorrow as CB backup with Simpson LB again.
    Not sure where King's playing, but there only seems to be one recognised CB in the side so he could be, or maybe Bagan.

is that new signing playing? did we make a signing for the u21s or did I imagine it?