+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Lennon Peake has joined the u21s from West Ham according to twitter. Been rumours about him for a while. No official announcement yet.
    Official now. Signed until the end of the season https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...46898614661121

U18’s
    Rearranged game (Frozen Pitch)
    2pm KO this afternoon at Leckwith
    Opponents Charlton

A very one sided 1-3 loss I’m afraid 🫣

What's going on with the U18s? Influx of U16s? Off form? Not so good this year?

Also, the bit I saw of the U23 game Pritchard looked to be playing further forward than his usual position of defence. Are they trying something new with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

Also, the bit I saw of the U23 game Pritchard looked to be playing further forward than his usual position of defence. Are they trying something new with him?
    What tends to happen at this time of year is that decisions are made about which eighteen year olds are going to be offered pro deals and so players that aren't being kept on tend to either leave then or are free to play for other sides to try and be taken on elsewhere. This means that the make up of the under 18 team tends to change from late February onwards as under 16 players get more chances. Presumably, the same happens at other clubs. but I've noticed that results do tend to get worse during the last third/quarter of the season.

Pritchard's been injured for quite a bit of this season and I've noticed him more for his appearances as a contributor to the commentaries of under 21 games than as a player. I thought he did well on Tuesday though and we looked better with him, Jefferies and Nyakuhwa on than we did when Colwill, Davies and Harris were playing.

Also Paul players get bumped up from the 18’s to the u23’s
    u23’s get bumped up to be fringe players for the first team
    Gaps need to be filled
    There’s also loan players that have been sent out for experience (two at Torquay Evans & Crole)
    Factor in international duty where several of our players have been lately plus injuries and you can see why results suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

clearly we are playing the players out of position, so we get worse results, so we don't lose all our best young players to the big premier League clubs for a pittance.

Thanks for the replies, all. Pritchard scored and set one up so thought maybe someone had seen something in him in a Kenny Burns/Ray Kennedy type fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, we’ve not done well in the Youth Cup lately.
    Oxford went on to beat Leeds 3-0 in the next round. Perhaps the result was not as bad as it seemed

South Wales derby for the u18s just kicking off. A good time to end their losing streak.

South Wales derby for the u18s just kicking off. A good time to end their losing streak.
    1-1, Japhet Matondo with our equaliser.

2-1 up at half time - Nyakuhwa with the second

1-1, Japhet Matondo with our equaliser.
    Didn't he start the season as Japhet Mpadi? Now Japhet Mpadi Matondo on the club website.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/player/302

Didn't he start the season as Japhet Mpadi? Now Japhet Mpadi Matondo on the club website.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/player/302
    Yes, he did, he’s Rabbi’s brother.

Nyakuwha puts City 2-1 up at half time.

3-1 Nyakuwha again

And again to complete his hat trick, 4-1.

And again to complete his hat trick, 4-1.
    A South Wales derby hat trick - nice.

Finished 4-1, well done City - take away the first team and we’ve done well against the jacks this season.

I am right in think Nyakuhwa played for two age group sides on the same day? May have been last season

Finished 4-1, well done City - take away the first team and we’ve done well against the jacks this season.
    2 wins out of 2 for the u18s
    A win and a draw for the U21s and for the women (who play them again tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I am right in think Nyakuhwa played for two age group sides on the same day? May have been last season
    Someone did. Can't remember if it was him though. Might have been.

Also Swansea u16 2- 5 Cardiff u16

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Also Swansea u16 2- 5 Cardiff u16
    👍

City's under 21 game with Charlton today, kick off 1 o clock, is being streamed as usual.

Just to say that the club website is saying that today's game kicks off at 2 o clock, not 1.