+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Adams and Davies replaced after sixty five minutes - the goal was the obvious stand out for Adams, but he covered a lot of ground and passed the ball well.

Sub Cian Ashford makes it 3-1.

Finished 3-1 to City - one of the better under 21 games of the season I’d say.

Could we have this thread as a sticky going forward?

Final game of the season for the u18s today.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...44663577747456

U21s are playing this evening too.

Currently 2-0. Both goals from Trey George, a penalty and what sounds like a cracker https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...62132761649156

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Final game of the season for the u18s today.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...44663577747456

U21s are playing this evening too.
    The under 21 game is interesting, it’s been played in Hull’s main stadium after their game against the jacks this afternoon and they’re keeping one of the stands open for people who watch the first team game - I wonder if any Swansea supporters will stay on to jeer us?

Think I read somewhere the game is being streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The under 21 game is interesting, it’s been played in Hull’s main stadium after their game against the jacks this afternoon and they’re keeping one of the stands open for people who watch the first team game - I wonder if any Swansea supporters will stay on to jeer us?

Think I read somewhere the game is being streamed.
    Good idea to get a bit of a crowd for the lads.

It's a long way home from Hull to Swansea - you'd have to be a dedicated Cardiff hater to stay on to do that!

Can't find details of a stream. I'll post a link if I can see one later.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Good idea to get a bit of a crowd for the lads.

It's a long way home from Hull to Swansea - you'd have to be a dedicated Cardiff hater to stay on to do that!

Can't find details of a stream. I'll post a link if I can see one later.
    No, having had a look myself, I don’t think there is a stream.

The under 18 match finished 2-0.

Do our U21s have to share the away dressing room with the Swansea first team today? No Adams, Davies or Colwill (R) in the starting line-up. Bagan is, though.

Starting line up https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...LTsVTx09ZSEfIA

No Adams, wonder if he will be in squad tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Do our U21s have to share the away dressing room with the Swansea first team today? No Adams, Davies or Colwill (R) in the starting line-up. Bagan is, though.
    Think a portakabin was provided for the jacks.

Think a portakabin was provided for the jacks.
    Make them change in their cars!

1 down at half-time, a goal by Trialist. I wondered where he went after he left us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    1 down at half-time, a goal by Trialist. I wondered where he went after he left us.
    typical, our former players always seem to score against us

Hull 2-0 up in the dying minutes.

Interesting that Lewys Benjamin played for the U18's yesterday. An article by Roath Boy reports that the deal to sign for Man City has fallen thorough. It suggests that Wolves are after him, but that he was playing for us yesterday suggest that he has committed to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Interesting that Lewys Benjamin played for the U18's yesterday. An article by Roath Boy reports that the deal to sign for Man City has fallen thorough. It suggests that Wolves are after him, but that he was playing for us yesterday suggest that he has committed to stay.
    That would be good

Sorry, the final sentence isn't punctuated properly. For the avoidance of doubt I am suggesting that him playing for our U18's means that he is likely to be staying, not Roath Boy's article.

Xavier Benjamin academy player of the season

Xavier Benjamin, signed last summer after being released by QPR Academy player of the year and Philogene being Young player of the year is a bit disappointing for our development system.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, but it's a pity that one of our home produced didn't take or get the opportunity.

This wasn't helped by the almost season long injuries experienced by Colwill, Davies and Denham.

Eli King can feel hard done by. On the fringes of a real 1st team breakthrough at the end of last season. He had an outstanding pre-season and a successful loan spell only to be totally ignored upon his return. This despite looking a step above in the U21 games.

Our midfield signings last summer were failures. Our best midfielders this year have been Wintle and Ralls. The new signings, all on long contracts were Adams (injured), Rinhomota (average at best), Sawyers (poor).

Strangly enough, midfield is the position that we have most depth and yet are in most need of a new signing. It won't happen, but I'd move on both Rinhomota and Sawyers. Though, nobody will take them off us.

Xavier Benjamin, signed last summer after being released by QPR Academy player of the year and Philogene being Young player of the year is a bit disappointing for our development system.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, but it's a pity that one of our home produced didn't take or get the opportunity.

This wasn't helped by the almost season long injuries experienced by Colwill, Davies and Denham.

Eli King can feel hard done by. On the fringes of a real 1st team breakthrough at the end of last season. He had an outstanding pre-season and a successful loan spell only to be totally ignored upon his return. This despite looking a step above in the U21 games.

Our midfield signings last summer were failures. Our best midfielders this year have been Wintle and Ralls. The new signings, all on long contracts were Adams (injured), Rinhomota (average at best), Sawyers (poor).

Strangly enough, midfield is the position that we have most depth and yet are in most need of a new signing. It won't happen, but I'd move on both Rinhomota and Sawyers. Though, nobody will take them off us.
    Thanks for that - agree with everything you say.

City had good representation in the Welsh under 17 side which became the first national team to qualify for a Euros at age group level in donkeys years and yet they give the Academy Player of the Year award to someone who has never played an Academy game for us in his life? Absolutely bonkers!

Completely agree, especially the part about our midfield and it's why I never bought into the whole "Morison wans to promote youth" stuff, he signed a host of average-to-poor (often ageing) journeymen, just like the managers before him

Thanks for that - agree with everything you say.

City had good representation in the Welsh under 17 side which became the first national team to qualify for a Euros at age group level in donkeys years and yet they give the Academy Player of the Year award to someone who has never played an Academy game for us in his life? Absolutely bonkers!
    Academy setup includes u21 side.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Academy setup includes u21 side.
    I don’t think it does - I thought the Academy was for the players who are too young to have pro contracts (ie under 18s). Even if I’m wrong though, it’s still mad that someone who is nineteen and hasn’t been with us for a year gets the Academy Player of the Year award - it’s like when Callum Paterson won Young Player of the Year.