+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wasn't Antwi badly concussed last game? Not sure of the protocols but not surprised if that meant he couldn't play today.

Although the team was more u18 than u21 wasn't it?
    Oh yeah forgot about Antwi's concussion. Not sure if Crewe did the same thing by filling the team with u18s or if that was agreed beforehand, but it seemed to be a good argument against taking a punt on players released elsewhere simply to fill the u21s.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Colwill, Ashford, Crole and the rest from the u18s?
    Colwill and Ashford are still U18, Pritchard is an U21

Antwi was kicked in the head in the air and was unconscious before he hit the ground
    Unfortunately he landed awkwardly and damaged ligaments in both knees
    He’ll be out for up to six months 🤕
    The good news is he and Raheem Conte have both been given another year while Benjamin has been given another two years
    Congratulations to Kyle Kenniford as well as he’s no longer a scholar as Cardiff have offered him a Pro Deal 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Antwi was kicked in the head in the air and was unconscious before he hit the ground
    He’ll be out for up to six months ��
    The good news is he and Raheem Conte have both been given another year while Benjamin has been given another two years
    Congratulations to Kyle Kenniford as well as he’s no longer a scholar as Cardiff have offered him a Pro Deal ��
    That's rotten luck for Antwi. Hopefully there's a plan for all three that will see them challenge for the firsts rather than hang around the u21s. Same goes for Kenniford; thought he looked useful.

He’ll be out for up to six months ��
    Congratulations to Kyle Kenniford as well as he’s no longer a scholar as Cardiff have offered him a Pro Deal ��
    I became more impressed with Antwi as the season went on and wish him a speedy recovery from what is a freak injury. Someone at the club clearly has a lot of time for Benjamin - must say I’ve not seen a great deal from him to merit a two year deal.

Congrats on your blog getting the recognition it deserves by the way Paul 👍
    I concur with your observation regarding giving the youngsters game time at Burnley
    We got stuffed regardless so giving the youngsters minutes would have been far more beneficial in the long run.
    I’m sure Benjamin will be champing on the bit to show both the fans and Lamouchi what he’s all about
    I can tell you he’s very quick and aggressive and is able to read the game extremely well
    If the transfer market goes the way we all think it will then hopefully we’ll see him in the first team sooner rather than later.
    The problem the youngster’s have had is lack of continuity
    Warnock used to attend the U21 games and started to bring a few players through but the managerial chaos that ensued has only damaged the progress of the academy and u21 set up
    Six managers I make it? Harris/McCarthy/Morison/Hudson/Whitehead/Lamouchi
    Obviously it’s results based so why would you put your faith in a youngster as opposed to a seasoned professional like Ojo
    That was tongue in cheek by the way
    That bellend masqueraded as a footballer

So anyway we’ll see if Lamouchi is a “Yes man” by accepting an extension in the summer and just how tied his hands will remain a mystery

Oh the joys of being a Cardiff fan 😳🫣

Youngster Alyas Debono called up to Wales u17s squad

Congrats on your blog getting the recognition it deserves by the way Paul ��
    I concur with your observation regarding giving the youngsters game time at Burnley
    We got stuffed regardless so giving the youngsters minutes would have been far more beneficial in the long run.
    I’m sure Benjamin will be champing on the bit to show both the fans and Lamouchi what he’s all about
    I can tell you he’s very quick and aggressive and is able to read the game extremely well
    If the transfer market goes the way we all think it will then hopefully we’ll see him in the first team sooner rather than later.
    The problem the youngster’s have had is lack of continuity
    Warnock used to attend the U21 games and started to bring a few players through but the managerial chaos that ensued has only damaged the progress of the academy and u21 set up
    Six managers I make it? Harris/McCarthy/Morison/Hudson/Whitehead/Lamouchi
    Obviously it’s results based so why would you put your faith in a youngster as opposed to a seasoned professional like Ojo
    That was tongue in cheek by the way
    That bellend masqueraded as a footballer

So anyway we’ll see if Lamouchi is a “Yes man” by accepting an extension in the summer and just how tied his hands will remain a mystery

Oh the joys of being a Cardiff fan ����

what age group is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what age group is that?
    Not sure. There's a YouTube video of him training from January 2021 that says he's 11, so must be 13 or 14.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65694889

Interesting interview with Tom Lockyer here

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65694889

Interesting interview with Tom Lockyer here
    Too soon.

Will Spiers, Dan Barton, Cole Fleming, Tanatswa Nyakuhwa, Japhet Matondo & Isaac Jefferies selected for Wales under 19s

U21s pre season friendly against Weston Super Mare next month
    https://twitter.com/WSM_AFCOfficial/...58128088350731

U21s pre season friendly against Weston Super Mare next month
    https://twitter.com/WSM_AFCOfficial/...58128088350731
    be handy for them to see where they'll end up going on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    be handy for them to see where they'll end up going on loan
    Yeah, probably.

On that subject, WOL are saying today:
    "While many believe all of the under-21s should be getting loans in Leagues One and Two, it's of course not as simple as that, with lots of Championship and Premier League clubs offering up their best youngsters to teams in those divisions.
    It means Cardiff will have to get creative again this summer, opting for players' first loans to be in non-League or in the Cymru Premier, while players heading out on their second or third loans will be more attractive to teams in the EFL. That's the thought process, anyway."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...sters-26915956

It's clearly not easy to create a path from academy to first team, but I really struggle to see the value in some of these loans. I wonder what other championship clubs are doing. Do they also struggle to find league one and two loans for their players?

Yeah, probably.

It's clearly not easy to create a path from academy to first team, but I really struggle to see the value in some of these loans. I wonder what other championship clubs are doing. Do they also struggle to find league one and two loans for their players?
    Yeah, and it's a bit much to expect players who are nowhere near consideration for our first team to play a level or two just below, especially when we get trounced by teams from that level in the first round of the league cup.

That article also says we've released 6 players but didn't say who.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    That article also says we've released 6 players but didn't say who.
    Yeah, wonder who.

Yeah, wonder who.
    I took that to be Darren Purse talking about under 21 players.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Quite interesting where Purse is talking about Tom Davies, and how that stint at Ponty will make it easier for him to get a better loan this season. Mentions that he wanted to do the same with Jai Semenyo but Semenyo refused to play in the Cymru Prem.

Not a great look for Semenyo.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Quite interesting where Purse is talking about Tom Davies, and how that stint at Ponty will make it easier for him to get a better loan this season. Mentions that he wanted to do the same with Jai Semenyo but Semenyo refused to play in the Cymru Prem.

Thought Semenyo was disappointing last season - he went backwards in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think so, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

I guess if Davies does get a decent loan at a higher level this year you could say the club's right. If he (and others who've had loans at that level) doesn't though, maybe Semenyo has a point. Hard to see where he goes from here though if he's refusing loans they're setting up for him.

Jac Clay, Taylor Jones, Jack Leahy, Aidan MacNamara, and Owen Pritchard all departing.