+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59109149150151152153154155156157158159160161162 LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4212

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    U15s playing in the Floodlit Cup Regional Final later
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...regional-final
    Won 4-1. Through to the national final.

Our under-21s' 2-2 draw at Birmingham here including some rare footage of a City player calmly converting a penalty.

Worth a watch this. Joel Colwill looking busy but may want to work on his finishing. Our trialist keeper makes a great penalty save but may want to work on his passing. Ashford looking sharp.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Our under-21s' 2-2 draw at Birmingham here including some rare footage of a City player calmly converting a penalty.

Worth a watch this. Joel Colwill looking busy but may want to work on his finishing. Our trialist keeper makes a great penalty save but may want to work on his passing. Ashford looking sharp.

Nice, calm finish by Ashford in the incident that led to our penalty and if Colwill was able to vring the same urgency to the first team midfield, it would make such a difference.

Birmingham’s penalty looked a very soft one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nice, calm finish by Ashford in the incident that led to our penalty and if Colwill was able to vring the same urgency to the first team midfield, it would make such a difference.

Birmingham’s penalty looked a very soft one.
    Yes, it gives defences something to worry about when players drive from midfield like that.

No Luey Giles there which hopefully means he's with the first team squad rather than being injured. Jac Thomas played in that game on the Monday night then started for the under-18s at 1.00 the next day. Kids eh?

Will be interesting to see who's not in the team for the u21s match tomorrow afternoon with all the first team players out.

Will be interesting to see who's not in the team for the u21s match tomorrow afternoon with all the first team players out.
    Definitely, it'll give us a good idea of how stretched we really are for the Southampton game. The under 18s play on Saturday too, all three teams could be struggling for numbers this weekend.

Players involved in the u21s match on Monday not in the squad today:
    Antwi
    Ashford
    Joel Colwill
    Conte
    Lawlor
    Sawyers

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...91740525162936

Players involved in the u21s match on Monday not in the squad today:
    Antwi
    Ashford
    Joel Colwill
    Conte
    Lawlor
    Sawyers

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...91740525162936
    No Giles either, I suppose we could play Rallsthere if Collins misses out, but he’s probably going to be needed in midfield.

Giles missed Monday as well. Maybe also injured.

Lawlor went to QPR last Saturday, hopefully he makes the matchday squad this time as we're fecked if Phillips/Goutas go down

If Giles is injured I'd have thought Beecher would have been held back to cover left back if Collins doesn't make it considering he's played in the cup this season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lawlor went to QPR last Saturday, hopefully he makes the matchday squad this time as we're fecked if Phillips/Goutas go down

If Giles is injured I'd have thought Beecher would have been held back to cover left back if Collins doesn't make it considering he's played in the cup this season
    Beecher’s missed months of this season and has only been back playing for a couple of weeks or so.

As for Lawlor, Bulut had the option of Ng and Collins as centre backs last week, looks like he won’t have either of them tomorrow.

Went 1-0 down but won 3-1. Cook, Nyakuhwa and Johnson with the goals.

Beecher’s missed months of this season and has only been back playing for a couple of weeks or so.

As for Lawlor, Bulut had the option of Ng and Collins as centre backs last week, looks like he won’t have either of them tomorrow.
    I don't think that Beecher is a left back, maybe a wing back and certainly a left winger. He reminds me of O'Dowda

Giles has got to be the next cab off the rank at left back.

Definitely, it'll give us a good idea of how stretched we really are for the Southampton game. The under 18s play on Saturday too, all three teams could be struggling for numbers this weekend.
    I hope to goodness that Bulut's one foray into playing kids does not manifest in giving debuts to Antwi and Conte. It would be a kick in the teeth for all who work for the academy.

They are not even the best options.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I hope to goodness that Bulut's one foray into playing kids does not manifest in giving debuts to Antwi and Conte. It would be a kick in the teeth for all who work for the academy.

They are not even the best options.
    I'm surprised Conte has been in first team squads tbh, never been hugely impressed by him when I've watched the u21s, especially considering he's generally a couple of years older than the rest of the team

Hopefully he does well if he comes on tomorrow though. Aren't he & Antwi's contracts up this summer?

Giles missed Monday as well. Maybe also injured.
    I hope not, Joe Crole is another option (not at left back though) as someone not involved in todays U21 game and for full back, Will Spiers

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm surprised Conte has been in first team squads tbh, never been hugely impressed by him when I've watched the u21s, especially considering he's generally a couple of years older than the rest of the team

Hopefully he does well if he comes on tomorrow though. Aren't he & Antwi's contracts up this summer?
    Yes, I'd be surprised if they were renewed. I really don't understand these types of signings:- Older junior players, no better than we have already. They just block the progress of others. I wonder if they are agent pleasers.

It would appear that our 'Trialist' Goalkeeper is 18 year old Ewan Griffiths. From Pontypridd, he has been capped by Wales at U17 level. He has been with Sewansea since a schoolnboy. He has been competing for the Swansea U18 No.1 position with Kit Margetson, son of Martyn. Ewan has captained the Swans U18 team on times.

I presume they have plumped for Margetson, but it would appear that we have actually given Griffiths a pro contract:-

https://www.southwalesgk.co.uk/success-stories

He has played for us in the two recent U21 matches against Wigan and Birmingham and for the U18's yesterday (he was actually named by the Club Academy twitter account in their published starting line up) against Burnley.

I'm not sure where this leaves Luke Armstrong, but they do appear to like a lot of Goalkeepers in the U21 squad (4 this season) so maybe he will also get a pro contract.

As Griffiths is from Ponty, I wonder how we missed him 1st time around? We didn't have another goalie in that age group and Armstrong was signed late, age 16, after his release by Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    It would appear that our 'Trialist' Goalkeeper is 18 year old Ewan Griffiths. From Pontypridd, he has been capped by Wales at U17 level. He has been with Sewansea since a schoolnboy. He has been competing for the Swansea U18 No.1 position with Kit Margetson, son of Martyn. Ewan has captained the Swans U18 team on times.

I presume they have plumped for Margetson, but it would appear that we have actually given Griffiths a pro contract:-

https://www.southwalesgk.co.uk/success-stories

He has played for us in the two recent U21 matches against Wigan and Birmingham and for the U18's yesterday (he was actually named by the Club Academy twitter account in their published starting line up) against Burnley.

I'm not sure where this leaves Luke Armstrong, but they do appear to like a lot of Goalkeepers in the U21 squad (4 this season) so maybe he will also get a pro contract.

As Griffiths is from Ponty, I wonder how we missed him 1st time around? We didn't have another goalie in that age group and Armstrong was signed late, age 16, after his release by Wolves.
    Let's hope we've pinched a real talent from them. You're right though, seems strange that he was with them and not us in the first place.

Let's hope we've pinched a real talent from them. You're right though, seems strange that he was with them and not us in the first place.
    These things happen. Mark Harris is from Swansea & the Colwills are from Neath but they joined us. Ben Cabango is a Cardiff boy and signed for Swansea quite late, Oli Cooper's dad was our u21 coach when his son went to Swansea! Even Margetson has a Cardiff connection.

Highlights of the under-21s win at Crewe on Friday here.

Next game against Peterborough tomorrow. 1.00 kick off at the CCS.

Highlights of the under-21s win at Crewe on Friday here.

Next game against Peterborough tomorrow. 1.00 kick off at the CCS.
    What's the youtube link for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    What's the youtube link for this?
    https://www.youtube.com/live/ivOXAt1...Osk7L-aW0fk1yA

Cheers Bob...just in time for the equaliser...

3-1, Nyakhuwa (sorry if spelt it wrong!), another assist for Colwill.