+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155156157158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4168

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

When two players score two goals each, is that a pair of braces? Jake Davies and Louis Phillips with a couple each and Ossian Rees with the other one. The under 18s have had a good season, but I think they might be missing out on the Play Offs - not able to find an up to date table.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Only followed this on Twitter - but a turnaround like the Women v Swansea the other day.

0 - 1 at HT;

5 - 2 at FT.

Yeah, game of two halves for sure. The wind was howling around down there which made it difficult for the team attacking the, er, Canton End. We struggled to get anything going in the first half and Luke Armstrong kept us in it with some great saves. All change in the second though as we got on top and Jake Davies helped himself to a couple of goals as did Louis Phillips, all four from similar positions as they were found in space after coming in from the wing. Osian Rees scored with a nice free kick

Difficult to judge individuals off one game in tricky conditions but Kpakio looks like a player at right back, even though he wasn't able to get forward much today. Nyakuhwa was a handful up front and Mafico had an eye-catching game in midfield. Jake Davies looked good but could do with growing a bit, as often seems to be the case with our youngsters. No such worries for the centre halves who were both units. Slightly clumsy at times but one of them reminded me of the bully on Corrie which may have clouded my judgement.

Similar kind of system to the first team from what I could make out. Some generous defending from QPR in the second half but we broke quickly and in numbers, a well deserved win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Yeah, game of two halves for sure. The wind was howling around down there which made it difficult for the team attacking the, er, Canton End. We struggled to get anything going in the first half and Luke Armstrong kept us in it with some great saves. All change in the second though as we got on top and Jake Davies helped himself to a couple of goals as did Louis Phillips, all four from similar positions as they were found in space after coming in from the wing. Osian Rees scored with a nice free kick

Difficult to judge individuals off one game in tricky conditions but Kpakio looks like a player at right back, even though he wasn't able to get forward much today. Nyakuhwa was a handful up front and Mafico had an eye-catching game in midfield. Jake Davies looked good but could do with growing a bit, as often seems to be the case with our youngsters. No such worries for the centre halves who were both units. Slightly clumsy at times but one of them reminded me of the bully on Corrie which may have clouded my judgement.

Similar kind of system to the first team from what I could make out. Some generous defending from QPR in the second half but we broke quickly and in numbers, a well deserved win in the end.
    Do you know who 'Walsh is who has played in the last two games?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Do you know who 'Walsh is who has played in the last two games?
    He didn't start today as far as I could make out. Jac Thomas played but he wasn't on the original team list, Walsh was the one missing. We used five subs when only four were originally listed so he could've been the fifth sub used. I've found a report from last year where we had an Oliver Walsh playing for our under-15s so maybe it's him.

The Harry Watts you mentioned earlier in the thread did start. Looks like he can play but he didn't have the best of games, got a bit frustrated at times. Difficult conditions though, like I said.

He didn't start today as far as I could make out. Jac Thomas played but he wasn't on the original team list, Walsh was the one missing. We used five subs when only four were originally listed so he could've been the fifth sub used. I've found a report from last year where we had an Oliver Walsh playing for our under-15s so maybe it's him.

The Harry Watts you mentioned earlier in the thread did start. Looks like he can play but he didn't have the best of games, got a bit frustrated at times. Difficult conditions though, like I said.
    Ok, thanks

U15s playing in the Floodlit Cup Regional Final later
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...regional-final

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    sounds like they have a bright future

Won 4-1. Through to the national final.

Our under-21s' 2-2 draw at Birmingham here including some rare footage of a City player calmly converting a penalty.

Worth a watch this. Joel Colwill looking busy but may want to work on his finishing. Our trialist keeper makes a great penalty save but may want to work on his passing. Ashford looking sharp.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

Our under-21s' 2-2 draw at Birmingham here including some rare footage of a City player calmly converting a penalty.

Worth a watch this. Joel Colwill looking busy but may want to work on his finishing. Our trialist keeper makes a great penalty save but may want to work on his passing. Ashford looking sharp.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3
    Nice, calm finish by Ashford in the incident that led to our penalty and if Colwill was able to vring the same urgency to the first team midfield, it would make such a difference.

Birmingham’s penalty looked a very soft one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nice, calm finish by Ashford in the incident that led to our penalty and if Colwill was able to vring the same urgency to the first team midfield, it would make such a difference.

Birmingham’s penalty looked a very soft one.
    Yes, it gives defences something to worry about when players drive from midfield like that.

No Luey Giles there which hopefully means he's with the first team squad rather than being injured. Jac Thomas played in that game on the Monday night then started for the under-18s at 1.00 the next day. Kids eh?

Will be interesting to see who's not in the team for the u21s match tomorrow afternoon with all the first team players out.

Will be interesting to see who's not in the team for the u21s match tomorrow afternoon with all the first team players out.
    Definitely, it'll give us a good idea of how stretched we really are for the Southampton game. The under 18s play on Saturday too, all three teams could be struggling for numbers this weekend.

Players involved in the u21s match on Monday not in the squad today:
    Antwi
    Ashford
    Joel Colwill
    Conte
    Lawlor
    Sawyers

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...91740525162936

Players involved in the u21s match on Monday not in the squad today:
    Antwi
    Ashford
    Joel Colwill
    Conte
    Lawlor
    Sawyers

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...91740525162936
    No Giles either, I suppose we could play Rallsthere if Collins misses out, but he’s probably going to be needed in midfield.

Giles missed Monday as well. Maybe also injured.

Lawlor went to QPR last Saturday, hopefully he makes the matchday squad this time as we're fecked if Phillips/Goutas go down

If Giles is injured I'd have thought Beecher would have been held back to cover left back if Collins doesn't make it considering he's played in the cup this season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Lawlor went to QPR last Saturday, hopefully he makes the matchday squad this time as we're fecked if Phillips/Goutas go down

If Giles is injured I'd have thought Beecher would have been held back to cover left back if Collins doesn't make it considering he's played in the cup this season
    Beecher’s missed months of this season and has only been back playing for a couple of weeks or so.

As for Lawlor, Bulut had the option of Ng and Collins as centre backs last week, looks like he won’t have either of them tomorrow.

Went 1-0 down but won 3-1. Cook, Nyakuhwa and Johnson with the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Beecher’s missed months of this season and has only been back playing for a couple of weeks or so.

As for Lawlor, Bulut had the option of Ng and Collins as centre backs last week, looks like he won’t have either of them tomorrow.
    I don't think that Beecher is a left back, maybe a wing back and certainly a left winger. He reminds me of O'Dowda

Giles has got to be the next cab off the rank at left back.

Definitely, it'll give us a good idea of how stretched we really are for the Southampton game. The under 18s play on Saturday too, all three teams could be struggling for numbers this weekend.
    I hope to goodness that Bulut's one foray into playing kids does not manifest in giving debuts to Antwi and Conte. It would be a kick in the teeth for all who work for the academy.

They are not even the best options.

Giles missed Monday as well. Maybe also injured.
    I hope not, Joe Crole is another option (not at left back though) as someone not involved in todays U21 game and for full back, Will Spiers

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I hope to goodness that Bulut's one foray into playing kids does not manifest in giving debuts to Antwi and Conte. It would be a kick in the teeth for all who work for the academy.

They are not even the best options.
    I'm surprised Conte has been in first team squads tbh, never been hugely impressed by him when I've watched the u21s, especially considering he's generally a couple of years older than the rest of the team

Hopefully he does well if he comes on tomorrow though. Aren't he & Antwi's contracts up this summer?