+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 164 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blog article on yesterday's game.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Thanks for another good match review, and also for the comment on Reynolds (hope the injury isn't as bad as it sounds).

A question for TOBW or anyone else who was at the game. Whilst Paterson's attitude is being praised, which is pleasing to know, is there any indication from what you have seen that, when fit, Paterson will live up to his billing and walk into the first team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    A question for TOBW or anyone else who was at the game. Whilst Paterson's attitude is being praised, which is pleasing to know, is there any indication from what you have seen that, when fit, Paterson will live up to his billing and walk into the first team ?
    To be frank, he looked miles off first team level when I watched him a fortnight ago, but that was his first game in nine months, so it was hardly surprising. Yesterday it was obvious that he has come on a lot since then and he was something of an inspirational figure (captain Jamie Veale called him his idol in a post match Instagram message!).

I wouldn't be surprised if Paterson is seen on the sub's bench pretty soon after the international break (his versatility will help in that regard) and, to hear what Warnock has been saying about him since he signed for us, you'd think it wouldn't be long before he was our first choice right back, but that would mean him displacing Peltier who I reckon has been one of the first names on the team sheet since our manager arrived nearly a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I wasn't there but I'll be interested in the answer too. As TOBW pointed out last week, Paterson has a reputation as an attacking right-back yet Warnock seems very happy with Peltier there and doesnt seem that keen on the whole idea of full-backs pushing on. It's crossed my mind that Paterson may have been bought to play as a wing back in the five at the back system we started the season with (but abandoned before the end of the first game).

He certainly looks like a 'Warnock player', big and strong. He knocked some kid flying in the u-23s game the other day, it was like a hit-and-run incident. The kid was lying on the floor looking up to see what sized truck had just wiped him out. Paterson was walking away arguing with the ref that it wasn't even a foul and that the kid had only gone down because he was a lightweight. Didn't surprise me at all to read that he'd played on after yesterday's clash of heads while the other player was stretchered off.

The youth team beat Ely Rangers 5-1 in the FAW Youth Cup

Fair play to who Ely took the lead and took the game to extra time

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thanks for another good match review, and also for the comment on Reynolds (hope the injury isn't as bad as it sounds).
    Reynolds has just been named in the latest Wales u19 squad so let's hope that means the player/club have been contacted and his injury hasn't turned out as bad as feared.

Thanks for the double report TOBW. Sounded like a great game. Great to hear about Pilks' attitude as Gringo says. We may need a renaissance man if we have injuries to our key men Hoilett and NML.

Blue in the Face

U19 SQUAD ANNOUNCED FOR SWITZERLAND TEST

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/u19-squ...en/news/&pos=3

The Men's Under 19 squad has been announced for two forthcoming international friendly matches against Switzerland early next month. The two matches against the Swiss will be played at the Corbett Sports Stadium in Rhyl on 3 and 5 October. The first encounter will kick off at 5:00pm and the second at 3:00pm.

Paul Bodin will be in charge of the team and will be expecting a tough test against Switzerland.

The Squad is as follows:

George Ratcliffe (Cardiff City)
    Adam Przybek (West Bromwich Albion)
    Adam Sharif (Cardiff City)
    Billy Sass-Davies (Crewe Alexandra)
    Brandon Cooper (Swansea City)
    Jack Bodenham (Cardiff City)
    Mitchell Clark (Aston Villa)
    Rhys Norrington Davies (Sheffield United)
    Joe Lewis (Swansea City)
    Ryan Reynolds (Cardiff City)
    Ryan Stirk (Birmingham City)
    Dylan Levitt (Manchester United)
    Sion Spence (Cardiff City)
    Kieran Evans (Swansea City)
    Mason Jones Thomas (Swansea City)
    James Waite (Cardiff City)
    James Spruce (Bristol Rovers)
    Daniel Mooney (Fleetwood Town)
    Liam Cullen (Swansea City)
    Momodou Touray (Newport County)

Blue in the Face

WALES U21 SQUAD NAMED FOR EURO QUALIFIER

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/wales-u...en/news/&pos=2

Robert Page has named an 18-man squad as Wales Under-21s prepare to face Liechtenstein next month in a UEFA European Championship Qualifier.
    Wales travel to Liechtenstein on October 5 as they look to returning to winning ways.

Page’s side kicked off the campaign with a superb 3-0 victory over Switzerland last month before a 2-0 defeat against Portugal four days later.

Page is without the suspended Chris Mepham for the trip to Liechtenstein, so there’s a recall for Swansea City defender Cian Harries, while there’s a first Under-21 call-up for young Manchester City striker Rabbi Matondo.

WALES U21 SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS: Luke Pilling (Tranmere Rovers), Owen Evans (Wigan Athletic).

DEFENDERS: Cola Dasilva (Chelsea), Cameron Coxe (Cardiff City), Cian Harries (Swansea City), Regan Poole (Manchester United)*, Aron Davies (Fulham), Rhys Abbruzzese (Cardiff City), Joe Rodon (Swansea City)

MIDFIELDERS: Matthew Smith (Manchester City), Nathan Broadhead (Everton), Jack Evans (Swansea City), Mark Harris (Cardiff City),

FORWARDS: Tyler Roberts (West Bromwich Albion), George Thomas (Leicester City), Daniel James (Swansea City), Rabbi Matondo (Manchester City), Liam Cullen (Swansea City).

*Regan Poole currently on loan with Northampton Town

Blue in the Face

U18 | City 6-2 QPR

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-city-6-2-qpr/

FAW Youth Cup | Ely Rangers 1-4 City AET

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...y-rangers-aet/

Looked like Ely gave us a good game from the highlights. Well done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    U19 SQUAD ANNOUNCED FOR SWITZERLAND TEST

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/u19-squ...en/news/&pos=3

The Men's Under 19 squad has been announced for two forthcoming international friendly matches against Switzerland early next month. The two matches against the Swiss will be played at the Corbett Sports Stadium in Rhyl on 3 and 5 October. The first encounter will kick off at 5:00pm and the second at 3:00pm.

Paul Bodin will be in charge of the team and will be expecting a tough test against Switzerland.

The Squad is as follows:

George Ratcliffe (Cardiff City)
    Adam Przybek (West Bromwich Albion)
    Adam Sharif (Cardiff City)
    Billy Sass-Davies (Crewe Alexandra)
    Brandon Cooper (Swansea City)
    Jack Bodenham (Cardiff City)
    Mitchell Clark (Aston Villa)
    Rhys Norrington Davies (Sheffield United)
    Joe Lewis (Swansea City)
    Ryan Reynolds (Cardiff City)
    Ryan Stirk (Birmingham City)
    Dylan Levitt (Manchester United)
    Sion Spence (Cardiff City)
    Kieran Evans (Swansea City)
    Mason Jones Thomas (Swansea City)
    James Waite (Cardiff City)
    James Spruce (Bristol Rovers)
    Daniel Mooney (Fleetwood Town)
    Liam Cullen (Swansea City)
    Momodou Touray (Newport County)

We were 2-0 down but won 4-3 in the last minute.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Cheers Gringo. Really good turn around that. Of our lads only Waite started. So hopefully the other lads well start in the second game in two days.

Bad news is Ryan Reynolds looks like he was replaced with Pablo Martinez so maybe his injury was quite serious after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Cheers Gringo. Really good turn around that. Of our lads only Waite started. So hopefully the other lads well start in the second game in two days.

Bad news is Ryan Reynolds looks like he was replaced with Pablo Martinez so maybe his injury was quite serious after all.
    Most of the City lads didn’t start due to the amount of football they have played recently,especially with the cup game going to extra time.Hopefully,as you say,most of them will start on Thursday.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Most of the City lads didn’t start due to the amount of football they have played recently,especially with the cup game going to extra time.Hopefully,as you say,most of them will start on Thursday.
    Good to have your insight on the youth players Bruce. I had noticed that a few players are turning out for both the DVP and and the u18s over the past two months. On the one hand it would be appealing to just have the players who are ready prioritise the DVP team only, but getting games under Bellamy's tutelage for the u18s must be really beneficial.

Switzerland have done well at age group football in the last decade or so and for Wales to have beaten them at Under 21 and Under 19 level this season is really good news - when and where are the Under 21s going to play at home in their qualifying group?

Switzerland have done well at age group football in the last decade or so and for Wales to have beaten them at Under 21 and Under 19 level this season is really good news - when and where are the Under 21s going to play at home in their qualifying group?
    The answer to when is Bosnia on November 10th and Romania on November 14th. I haven't got a clue where!

Cheers Gringo, can't see either of them being in Cardiff, but I'd like to be able to watch one of them if I could.

Better than that, according to my twitter, we were 3-1 down with 5 mins left!!

Looks like Guardiola is not a fan of the U23 league in producing good footballers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41471883

Wales under-21s won 3-1 in Liechtenstein. Coxe and Abbruzzese played the 90 minutes, Mark Harris came on as a second half sub (as did Rabbi Matondo).

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Wales under-21s won 3-1 in Liechtenstein. Coxe and Abbruzzese played the 90 minutes, Mark Harris came on as a second half sub (as did Rabbi Matondo).
    Thanks for that. I see the two home matches next month are being played in Bangor - fair enough, when Cardiff gets all of the senior team games, but I hope at least one of the home fixtures in this group is played somewhere in this area.

isaak Davies got a hat trick in the Under 18s 6-2 win over QPR a fortnight and now Sion Spence has scored one as they win 3-0 at Ipswich yesterday.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32452

isaak Davies got a hat trick in the Under 18s 6-2 win over QPR a fortnight and now Sion Spence has scored one as they win 3-0 at Ipswich yesterday.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32452
    Alan Lee in charge of the Ipswich team. Hopefully he can pass on some of his ball mastery to the next generation.

I'm sure you've mentioned this before but I'm surprised Spence hasn't featured more for the under-23s this season. They seem to have identified a core of seven or eight who feature in most games at that level but Spence hasn't quite made the cut, maybe he will now. No rush, of course, but I expected him to be a regular this time round.

Alan Lee in charge of the Ipswich team. Hopefully he can pass on some of his ball mastery to the next generation.

I'm sure you've mentioned this before but I'm surprised Spence hasn't featured more for the under-23s this season. They seem to have identified a core of seven or eight who feature in most games at that level but Spence hasn't quite made the cut, maybe he will now. No rush, of course, but I expected him to be a regular this time round.
    Quickly on Alan Lee I remember asking him if he meant that cross which went in against Derby as a shot. He told me to 'feck off'

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Quickly on Alan Lee I remember asking him if he meant that cross which went in against Derby as a shot. He told me to 'feck off'
    We gave him some stick here mind. I was expecting him to tell all of us that when he left but I remember him being incredibly generous, thanking us for our support and saying how much he'd enjoyed his time here. Ever since then I've held him in high regard, despite the fact I watched him play.

We gave him some stick here mind. I was expecting him to tell all of us that when he left but I remember him being incredibly generous, thanking us for our support and saying how much he'd enjoyed his time here. Ever since then I've held him in high regard, despite the fact I watched him play.
    I said it to him jokingly. I didn't really know what to say as an Ice Breaker. Like 'I see you're knee is fecked there Al' Looking back I don't blame him for being a bit grumpy, big move, plays football to earn a living, not doing so good. I never took no offence.