+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 563

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

  1. #41

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Cardiff City's U19 side host Tredegar Town in the FAW Youth Cup Round Two on Sunday, 30th October 2016, 2pm kick-off at Leckwith International Stadium.
    http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...-3385917.aspx?
    9-1 win.

    http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...n-3391562.aspx

  2. #42

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Best part of this excellent win is that Mark Harris (scorer of four goals) is from Swansea.
    Seeing as they have scouts all over in Cardiff (allegedly) it's nice to see us pinch one of theirs

  3. #43

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Best part of this excellent win is that Mark Harris (scorer of four goals) is from Swansea.
    Seeing as they have scouts all over in Cardiff (allegedly) it's nice to see us pinch one of theirs
    Harris is in the latest Welsh u19 squad too in which Cardiff players outnumber that of Swansea

  4. #44

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Rhys Healey's excellent goal from the weekend for Newport County. Jazzi with the 2nd. Rhys sets up Welsh u21 Josh Sheehan with the 3rd.



    Match report here...
    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/spo..._County_boss/?

  5. #45

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    My take on last night's 3-0 win over Palace for a Development team that I think could well have beaten the eleven we started with on Saturday.

    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

  6. #46

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My take on last night's 3-0 win over Palace for a Development team that I think could well have beaten the eleven we started with on Saturday.

    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Really thorough write up. Triffic! Lots of food for thought here. Really encouraging, especially in your conclusion. Nice to hear a voice saying that Zahore shouldn't be written off yet. Too easily us fans tend to herd towards popular opinion in criticising players. Hopefully Zahore proves to be a more determined character than evidence may have suggested and he can progress.

    I wouldn't want to speculate on the coaching situation for this game, but this seems like a massive experimental exercise in more ways than one.

    I must admit, I hadn't checked on the DVP (u23) fixtures before seeing Loramski's thread on this and presumed it was an arranged, behind closed doors friendly, arranged for the benefit of our senior players and assumed that the personnel in this team were older than they actually are. But actually only Immers, Murphy and Freddy being over 23. It makes you realise that Cardiff could probably smash this u23 league if winning was the objective with the likes of experienced young players like Huws, Harris, Tutonda, Ajayi and Kennedy available.

    Good to see Tutonda back. There's way too much competion at the club at left back and so either John or Tutonda are really going to need a loan come January, injuries aside.

    Starting line up - Murphy, James, John, Huws, Manga, Ajayi, Harris, Kennedy, Gounongbe, Immers, Zohore.

    Subs - Tutonda, O’Reilly, Baker, Wharton, O’Sullivan.

    Palace write up here...
    http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2...-3394024.aspx?
    .................................................. ................

    Also Cardiff have drawn Swansea in the u19 FAW cup. The third round tie is set to be played on or before Sunday, November 20, with a venue to be confirmed. Some details here...

    http://www.swanseacity.net/news/arti...-3394223.aspx?

  7. #47

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    I went to watch the u18s yesterday in a game where Cardiff won 3-0 and we're the most comfortable I have seen them all season.

    Watford didn't have one opportunity all game apart from a good penalty shout. Cardiff also had a good penalty shout turned down too.

    Some very good goals in the game and I will see that Mark Harris was the stand out player and if there is one player who must be close to making the bench for the first team from the academy it's got to be him.

    His two goals yesterday were outstanding and his all round play was very good too.
    Two half chances two goals.

    I think the u16s won comfortably too.

  8. #48

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I went to watch the u18s yesterday in a game where Cardiff won 3-0 and we're the most comfortable I have seen them all season.

    Watford didn't have one opportunity all game apart from a good penalty shout. Cardiff also had a good penalty shout turned down too.

    Some very good goals in the game and I will see that Mark Harris was the stand out player and if there is one player who must be close to making the bench for the first team from the academy it's got to be him.

    His two goals yesterday were outstanding and his all round play was very good too.
    Two half chances two goals.

    I think the u16s won comfortably too.
    Nice one Gringo.

    I like what I've seen of Harris. He seems to have a good football brain. It would be nice if we can produce a decent forward player for once.

  9. #49

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    City's Development team play at Turf Moor today against Burnley in a Premier League Cup match, kick off at noon.

    Besides Burnley, City are in a group with Sunderland and Blackburn - they drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Cardiff City Stadium in their only game in the competition so far.

    It'll be interesting to see if City go with as many first team squad members as they did against Palace last week - my guess is that it will be more like the normal side you see at this level this time.

  10. #50

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City's Development team play at Turf Moor today against Burnley in a Premier League Cup match, kick off at noon.

    Besides Burnley, City are in a group with Sunderland and Blackburn - they drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Cardiff City Stadium in their only game in the competition so far.

    It'll be interesting to see if City go with as many first team squad members as they did against Palace last week - my guess is that it will be more like the normal side you see at this level this time.
    O'Reilly, Menayese, Baker, James, Rees, Abbruzzese, Tutonda, Southam, Weymans, O'Sullivan, Phipps

  11. #51

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    2-0 down. Patrick Bamford just scored their second

  12. #52

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    2-0 down. Patrick Bamford just scored their second
    2-1 at half time with Macauley Southam scoring for us - plenty of experience in the Burnley team with Barnes, Bamford, Kevin Long, Darikwa and Pope all starting.

  13. #53
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    6,684

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...


  14. #54
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    6,684

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Full time 3 - 1 win for a very strong Burnley side.

  15. #55

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    What's the toughest draw City could possibly have got in the third round of the FA Youth Cup? Well, based on their record over the last few years, I'd have said Chelsea away and that's precisely what they have got!

  16. #56

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What's the toughest draw City could possibly have got in the third round of the FA Youth Cup? Well, based on their record over the last few years, I'd have said Chelsea away and that's precisely what they have got!
    Good I say. Sometimes the best thing for young players is for them to realise how far they have to push themselves to make it. Should be a great challenge for them.

  17. #57

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    CCFC u18s beat Colchester 2-1 with goals from So Sani and Welch today. Colchester always have strong youth sides.

    u16s beat Swindon 4-1.

  18. #58

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    CCFC u18s beat Colchester 2-1 with goals from So Sani and Welch today. Colchester always have strong youth sides.

    u16s beat Swindon 4-1.
    Here's my blog piece on the Under 18s match.

    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

  19. #59

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here's my blog piece on the Under 18s match.

    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Coxe and Harris are part of the Wales U-19 squad that beat England 3-2 today.

  20. #60

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Coxe and Harris are part of the Wales U-19 squad that beat England 3-2 today.
    Harris scored with his first touch after coming on as sub.

    http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/1...-report-121116

  21. #61

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Harris scored with his first touch after coming on as sub.

    http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/1...-report-121116
    Thanks for that, great victory that, shame it was preceded by a 2-0 loss to Greece. Still, with England facing Greece in their final game, we've put oursleves in a position where we must have a real chance of making it through to the next stage of the competition as long as we do the business against Luxembourg.

  22. #62

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here's my blog piece on the Under 18s match.

    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    "City kids open the Donald Trump era with a win" It's hard to not think about isn't it?

    Question on Spence as I know he's very young (16?). How is he shaping up physically? Can you envisage him being able to cope with DVP footy this season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Harris scored with his first touch after coming on as sub.

    http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/1...-report-121116
    Brilliant win. I suppose it helps that we've purged all the best talent from the opposition.

    Harris seems to be progressing at quite a rate. It doesn't matter how good you are at 14/15/16. The youth players to look out for usually tend to be the one's that really progress when approaching adulthood. Signs are good.

  23. #63

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Hi Bob

    I watched the 18s game yesterday and whilst agree completely that they were hanging on at the end, I think they were worthy winners cos they completely dominated the first half hour of the 2nd half.

    I agree with you about Spence. My only question mark about him is that he seems to lack the belief and arrogance to push him on to the next level.

  24. #64

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Hi Bob

    I watched the 18s game yesterday and whilst agree completely that they were hanging on at the end, I think they were worthy winners cos they completely dominated the first half hour of the 2nd half.

    I agree with you about Spence. My only question mark about him is that he seems to lack the belief and arrogance to push him on to the next level.
    Spence does seem a bit quiet on the pitch Gringo, but I get the feeling he is someone who has an inner belief in himself because of the type of player he is - while he strikes me as very much a team player, he is also willing, and mostly able, to try something out of the ordinary now and again.

    The Development team are currently in action away to an in form Millwall team with the sort of line up we've come to expect from them;-

    https://twitter.com/cardiffcitydvp?lang=en

  25. #65

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    This afternoon's match finished 1-1 with Eli Phipps scoring a second half equaliser.

  26. #66

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This afternoon's match finished 1-1 with Eli Phipps scoring a second half equaliser.
    A decent result this as Millwall had won their last five. Rollin Menayese was sent off, along with a Millwall player, late in the game after an 'altercation'.

    http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/art...-3416797.aspx?

    I'd be interested to know how we set up here. With Rees, Tutonda, Blaise, Menayese, Baker and James all playing, at least one of them must have been playing out of position. I've wondered before on here why Tom James hasn't been tried out as a centre-midfielder and that would seem to be the most likely explanation here with him sitting in front of a back five. He's an excellent passer of the ball and would obviously have defensive capabilities too so I'd see him as an effective version of Whitts in that position.

  27. #67

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A decent result this as Millwall had won their last five. Rollin Menayese was sent off, along with a Millwall player, late in the game after an 'altercation'.

    http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/art...-3416797.aspx?

    I'd be interested to know how we set up here. With Rees, Tutonda, Blaise, Menayese, Baker and James all playing, at least one of them must have been playing out of position. I've wondered before on here why Tom James hasn't been tried out as a centre-midfielder and that would seem to be the most likely explanation here with him sitting in front of a back five. He's an excellent passer of the ball and would obviously have defensive capabilities too so I'd see him as an effective version of Whitts in that position.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tutonda played more as a winger.

  28. #68

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tutonda played more as a winger.
    If we played a back four, yes, but that would still mean someone else would've had to play midfield. Maybe Rees on the other side but trying to convert two full-backs to midfielders at the same time would seem a bit drastic. No point in speculating really but I find it interesting how things get mixed up at that level without any drastic effect on results or performances. It's probably just routine and common sense to someone like Nicholson to change systems and move players around but it still takes a bit of getting used to after the succession of one-dimensional managers (Ole apart) we've had at first team level.

  29. #69

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Menayese can play holding midfielder too so he may have not been in defense (when he was on the pitch). I pray for the Millwall lad who went up against him as he is likely to have taken a steam Rollin.

  30. #70

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    u18s are away to Swansea tomorrow (Sunday the 20th) in the FAW cup for those who can make it. The game starts at 2pm is at Landore (apparently, but double check!).

  31. #71

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    u18s are away to Swansea tomorrow (Sunday the 20th) in the FAW cup for those who can make it. The game starts at 2pm is at Landore (apparently, but double check!).
    Apparently the game is streaming live on Welsh FA Facebook page if anyone wishes to watch it.

  32. #72

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Menayese can play holding midfielder too so he may have not been in defense (when he was on the pitch). I pray for the Millwall lad who went up against him as he is likely to have taken a steam Rollin.
    Have now seen a highlights video of the match on Cardiff City World and it looked to me as if Blaise was playing in a holding midfield role. Also, it would appear that Menayese's sending off was a case of mistaken identity because it was Blaise who was involved in the initial incident and Rollin only joined in later.

  33. #73

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Have now seen a highlights video of the match on Cardiff City World and it looked to me as if Blaise was playing in a holding midfield role. Also, it would appear that Menayese's sending off was a case of mistaken identity because it was Blaise who was involved in the initial incident and Rollin only joined in later.
    Yes you're right! How cringeworthy is that? Would love to see that ref justify that kind of mistake on MOTD.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Apparently the game is streaming live on Welsh FA Facebook page if anyone wishes to watch it.
    Awesome, thanks for the info Gringo! I really hope they do, as it's been ages since I've been able to watch a full u18s game...

    https://www.facebook.com/FAWales/

  34. #74

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    I'm down Treforest watching the kids play.
    The u10s played four games Cardiff won three and the other was a draw.
    The u12s just won 2-1.
    The u13s are currently winning 1-0

  35. #75

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Lost 3-0.

  36. #76

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Lost 3-0.
    I couldn't find the stream on the FAW website but reading the twitter feed we were doing really well until a defensive mix up cost the second goal.
    It was always gonna be an uphill struggle as we have a few stronger u19s out on loan (Bird, Humphries etc) but hopefully it will prepare the boys for Chelsea away!

  37. #77

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I couldn't find the stream on the FAW website but reading the twitter feed we were doing really well until a defensive mix up cost the second goal.
    It was always gonna be an uphill struggle as we have a few stronger u19s out on loan (Bird, Humphries etc) but hopefully it will prepare the boys for Chelsea away!
    Just watched a highlights package on the jacks website and there was more coverage of attacks by us rather than them until it got to 2-0. The first goal may have prevented if the City wall had jumped, while the second one was a shocker as the centrebacks and keeper made a right mess of what was just a straightforward long punt down the middle.

    Nevertheless, this result means that the jacks are now, almost certainly, going to win their eighth successive Welsh Youth Cup - what an indictment of our Academy that is.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 21-11-16 at 06:45.

  38. #78

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    I've spoken to a mate who went to the game and he tells me that we were far the better side and dominated between the 1st and 2nd goals creating a host of chances.
    The second goal was a disgrace and I'd be pissed of if an under 12 side conceded that.

    There are many positives to take from this team at the moment.
    As Warnock said last week, Harris is not far away, and Welch must be close to knocking on the door too.

    Apparently the best player on the pitch yesterday was q5 year old Sion Spence so I take heart that even though we lost there were a lot of positives without Bird and Humphries who would have made a difference.

  39. #79

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    I'm not having a go at the current side too much Gringo because the truth is that Swansea have moved past us now at youth level and the result, or score, yesterday didn't surprise me at all. My beef is that this situation has been allowed to happen over an eight year period where the jacks have completely dominated the only club tournament that can go someway towards measuring the strengths of Welsh clubs at Under 19 level. For the first five or six years of that period, we were on an equal footing with the jacks and I saw us beat them at various levels (including a 6-1 win at Under 18 level) yet they always seemed to get the better of us in the games that really counted - maybe this good group of Under 16s we have will redress the balance a bit, but we've stopped producing our own first team players and that cannot all be blamed on Russell Slade because that was the case before he came along.

    Anyway, just to say that the Development team game against QPR at Cardiff City Stadium (kick off 7 o clock) still looks to be on

    https://twitter.com/CardiffCityDVP?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

  40. #80

    Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

    Tonight's team;-

    O'Reilly, Baker, Tutonda, Huws, Ajayi, James, O'Sullivan, Wharton, Zohore, Immers, John

    Rees, Coughlan, Southam, Skapetis, Weymans

    Skapetis is a new name to me, I presume it's this bloke

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...toke-City.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •