+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 162 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My attitude with Coxe is that, if we aren't going to use him at this stage, then let him go out on loan somewhere.

Bowen is another good footballer, but I don't think of him in terms of the first team yet because he's still only fifteen or sixteen I believe.
    To loan Coxe out we need a club wanting to take him on loan.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    To loan Coxe out we need a club wanting to take him on loan.
    He's had good exposure with the Welsh u20s/21s. I'm optimistic that we could find league football for him. Would leave another hole in the DVP team, but that cannot be priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    He's had good exposure with the Welsh u20s/21s. I'm optimistic that we could find league football for him. Would leave another hole in the DVP team, but that cannot be priority.
    We've had players with similar exposure unable to be loaned out to a league team.

Blue in the Face

My attitude with Coxe is that, if we aren't going to use him at this stage, then let him go out on loan somewhere.

Bowen is another good footballer, but I don't think of him in terms of the first team yet because he's still only fifteen or sixteen I believe.
    I didn't realise Bowen was that young. Look forward to seeing him to develop.

A Development team featuring Lee Camp and recent signings Brown and Obi was beaten 1-0 at Watford this afternoon - Paul McKay had also graduated from "Trialist" to McKay on the club's Twitter feed, so I assume he has signed for us as well now - nos. seven, eight and nine were all called Trialist today.

Blue in the Face

A Development team featuring Lee Camp and recent signings Brown and Obi was beaten 1-0 at Watford this afternoon - Paul McKay had also graduated from "Trialist" to McKay on the club's Twitter feed, so I assume he has signed for us as well now - nos. seven, eight and nine were all called Trialist today.
    Hopefully one of them comes good. It feels a bit like the positional deficiencies at senior level are mirrored a bit at DVP level. This rumour about this Scottish centre mid from Hamilton keep persisting so maybe there's something to it.

The under-23s won 1-0 at Coventry today, Ibrahim Meite with the goal. Rhys Healey and Lee Camp played too.

Is Paul McKay the young lad who played once for Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Is Paul McKay the young lad who played once for Leeds?
    Yes.

Blue in the Face

Think the u18s beat the wurzels away 1-0 a couple of days ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Think the u18s beat the wurzels away 1-0 a couple of days ago too.
    TOBW said in another thread that the u-18s and the u-16s both won 2-1 down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    TOBW said in another thread that the u-18s and the u-16s both won 2-1 down there.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Thanks. Here's the under-23s report. Lloyd Humphries is back playing.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Blue in the Face

My booboo. Couldn't find the article to confirm the score.

Thanks for the match report link

Lunchtime football at Cardiff City Stadium today as the Under 23s take on Watford in a Premier Cup game - kick off is at 1 o clock and admission is free.

Lunchtime football at Cardiff City Stadium today as the Under 23s take on Watford in a Premier Cup game - kick off is at 1 o clock and admission is free.
    Kick off at 1.15 now. Long queues I guess.

If anyone was planning on going today's match they should note that it has been "put forward" (???) to 1.15 - the previous tweet confirmed the original kick off time of 1 o clock.

Obi with his first goal for the club. 1 nil 75th min.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Obi with his first goal for the club. 1 nil 75th min.

Forever known as Obi 1

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Forever known as Obi 1
    Finished 1-1 they equalised on 90 mins it wasn't knobey who scored either!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Finished 1-1 they equalised on 90 mins it wasn't knobey who scored either!
    Decent game I thought, no great quality but very competitive. Obi took his goal well, looks quick and skilful. I'm not sure if he can pass yet, maybe we'll find that out another day. Meite missed a couple of chances in the first half but we played better as the game went on and should've finished the game off before Watford equalised with one of their few shots on goal. The ref let them take a quick free kick yards from where the foul took place and they scored from the resulting break.

No stand-out performers for us but everyone did ok. I haven't seen an attendance figure given but my gut feeling was that it was down from Sunday.

Decent game I thought, no great quality but very competitive. Obi took his goal well, looks quick and skilful. I'm not sure if he can pass yet, maybe we'll find that out another day. Meite missed a couple of chances in the first half but we played better as the game went on and should've finished the game off before Watford equalised with one of their few shots on goal. The ref let them take a quick free kick yards from where the foul took place and they scored from the resulting break.

No stand-out performers for us but everyone did ok. I haven't seen an attendance figure given but my gut feeling was that it was down from Sunday.
    Lol, thanks for the report, bloody plastics gearing up for the egg chasing on Saturday no doubt!

My take on yesterday's game.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

The Development team beat QPR 3-2 at Leckwith this afternoon, but they came very close to continuing their habit of throwing away leads as they decided to down tools after they were 3-0 up at half time thanks to goals by the Harris' - Mark scored two with the second one being a penalty and Kadeem got the other one. QPR's goals were scored by a certain Jay Emmanuel-Thomas who is even less mobile now than he was when he was with us, but, just like then, there were the occasional moments of class from him, including the best goal of the game when curled a shot in from twenty five yards - his other goal was a penalty.

My review of yesterday's Development team game;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/