+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

2-0 down. Patrick Bamford just scored their second

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    2-0 down. Patrick Bamford just scored their second
    2-1 at half time with Macauley Southam scoring for us - plenty of experience in the Burnley team with Barnes, Bamford, Kevin Long, Darikwa and Pope all starting.

Full time 3 - 1 win for a very strong Burnley side.

What's the toughest draw City could possibly have got in the third round of the FA Youth Cup? Well, based on their record over the last few years, I'd have said Chelsea away and that's precisely what they have got!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What's the toughest draw City could possibly have got in the third round of the FA Youth Cup? Well, based on their record over the last few years, I'd have said Chelsea away and that's precisely what they have got!
    Good I say. Sometimes the best thing for young players is for them to realise how far they have to push themselves to make it. Should be a great challenge for them.

Blue in the Face

CCFC u18s beat Colchester 2-1 with goals from So Sani and Welch today. Colchester always have strong youth sides.

u16s beat Swindon 4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    CCFC u18s beat Colchester 2-1 with goals from So Sani and Welch today. Colchester always have strong youth sides.

u16s beat Swindon 4-1.
    Here's my blog piece on the Under 18s match.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Coxe and Harris are part of the Wales U-19 squad that beat England 3-2 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Coxe and Harris are part of the Wales U-19 squad that beat England 3-2 today.
    Harris scored with his first touch after coming on as sub.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/1...-report-121116

Thanks for that, great victory that, shame it was preceded by a 2-0 loss to Greece. Still, with England facing Greece in their final game, we've put oursleves in a position where we must have a real chance of making it through to the next stage of the competition as long as we do the business against Luxembourg.

Blue in the Face

"City kids open the Donald Trump era with a win" It's hard to not think about isn't it?

Question on Spence as I know he's very young (16?). How is he shaping up physically? Can you envisage him being able to cope with DVP footy this season?

Brilliant win. I suppose it helps that we've purged all the best talent from the opposition.

Harris seems to be progressing at quite a rate. It doesn't matter how good you are at 14/15/16. The youth players to look out for usually tend to be the one's that really progress when approaching adulthood. Signs are good.

Hi Bob

I watched the 18s game yesterday and whilst agree completely that they were hanging on at the end, I think they were worthy winners cos they completely dominated the first half hour of the 2nd half.

I agree with you about Spence. My only question mark about him is that he seems to lack the belief and arrogance to push him on to the next level.

Hi Bob

I watched the 18s game yesterday and whilst agree completely that they were hanging on at the end, I think they were worthy winners cos they completely dominated the first half hour of the 2nd half.

I agree with you about Spence. My only question mark about him is that he seems to lack the belief and arrogance to push him on to the next level.
    Spence does seem a bit quiet on the pitch Gringo, but I get the feeling he is someone who has an inner belief in himself because of the type of player he is - while he strikes me as very much a team player, he is also willing, and mostly able, to try something out of the ordinary now and again.

The Development team are currently in action away to an in form Millwall team with the sort of line up we've come to expect from them;-

https://twitter.com/cardiffcitydvp?lang=en

This afternoon's match finished 1-1 with Eli Phipps scoring a second half equaliser.

This afternoon's match finished 1-1 with Eli Phipps scoring a second half equaliser.
    A decent result this as Millwall had won their last five. Rollin Menayese was sent off, along with a Millwall player, late in the game after an 'altercation'.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/art...-3416797.aspx?

I'd be interested to know how we set up here. With Rees, Tutonda, Blaise, Menayese, Baker and James all playing, at least one of them must have been playing out of position. I've wondered before on here why Tom James hasn't been tried out as a centre-midfielder and that would seem to be the most likely explanation here with him sitting in front of a back five. He's an excellent passer of the ball and would obviously have defensive capabilities too so I'd see him as an effective version of Whitts in that position.

A decent result this as Millwall had won their last five. Rollin Menayese was sent off, along with a Millwall player, late in the game after an 'altercation'.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/art...-3416797.aspx?

I'd be interested to know how we set up here. With Rees, Tutonda, Blaise, Menayese, Baker and James all playing, at least one of them must have been playing out of position. I've wondered before on here why Tom James hasn't been tried out as a centre-midfielder and that would seem to be the most likely explanation here with him sitting in front of a back five. He's an excellent passer of the ball and would obviously have defensive capabilities too so I'd see him as an effective version of Whitts in that position.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tutonda played more as a winger.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tutonda played more as a winger.
    If we played a back four, yes, but that would still mean someone else would've had to play midfield. Maybe Rees on the other side but trying to convert two full-backs to midfielders at the same time would seem a bit drastic. No point in speculating really but I find it interesting how things get mixed up at that level without any drastic effect on results or performances. It's probably just routine and common sense to someone like Nicholson to change systems and move players around but it still takes a bit of getting used to after the succession of one-dimensional managers (Ole apart) we've had at first team level.

Blue in the Face

Menayese can play holding midfielder too so he may have not been in defense (when he was on the pitch). I pray for the Millwall lad who went up against him as he is likely to have taken a steam Rollin.

Blue in the Face

u18s are away to Swansea tomorrow (Sunday the 20th) in the FAW cup for those who can make it. The game starts at 2pm is at Landore (apparently, but double check!).

u18s are away to Swansea tomorrow (Sunday the 20th) in the FAW cup for those who can make it. The game starts at 2pm is at Landore (apparently, but double check!).
    Apparently the game is streaming live on Welsh FA Facebook page if anyone wishes to watch it.

Menayese can play holding midfielder too so he may have not been in defense (when he was on the pitch). I pray for the Millwall lad who went up against him as he is likely to have taken a steam Rollin.
    Have now seen a highlights video of the match on Cardiff City World and it looked to me as if Blaise was playing in a holding midfield role. Also, it would appear that Menayese's sending off was a case of mistaken identity because it was Blaise who was involved in the initial incident and Rollin only joined in later.

Blue in the Face

Have now seen a highlights video of the match on Cardiff City World and it looked to me as if Blaise was playing in a holding midfield role. Also, it would appear that Menayese's sending off was a case of mistaken identity because it was Blaise who was involved in the initial incident and Rollin only joined in later.
    Yes you're right! How cringeworthy is that? Would love to see that ref justify that kind of mistake on MOTD.

Apparently the game is streaming live on Welsh FA Facebook page if anyone wishes to watch it.
    Awesome, thanks for the info Gringo! I really hope they do, as it's been ages since I've been able to watch a full u18s game...

https://www.facebook.com/FAWales/

I'm down Treforest watching the kids play.
    The u10s played four games Cardiff won three and the other was a draw.
    The u12s just won 2-1.
    The u13s are currently winning 1-0

Lost 3-0.