+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 162 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Five Academy players in the under-23 side at Bristol City tonight, 0-0 at half time.

Twitter feed here. https://twitter.com/CF11Academy?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Five Academy players in the under-23 side at Bristol City tonight, 0-0 at half time.

Twitter feed here. https://twitter.com/CF11Academy?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    3-0 defeat. I wouldn't expect that team to keep a clean sheet but the front six we had out looked like it had a goal or two to offer so that's a disappointing result. Watford away on Friday so an early chance to improve on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    i really enjoyed today's game.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Looking at the team sheet Bob, the starting 11 contained mostly u16 players, and the kid who scored the winner Cian Ashford is u14!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Looking at the team sheet Bob, the starting 11 contained mostly u16 players, and the kid who scored the winner Cian Ashford is u14!
    He's a big lad for an Under 14 Gringo, he was probably the tallest player in our team when he came on. He took his goal very well with a confidence that was impressive in one so young. Looking at the team again this morning, Taylor-Jones is the only name in the starting line up that I've not come across before (Knott is the lad we signed from Southampton along with Began in the summer isn't he?), but the only one I knew out of the subs was George Ratcliffe.

I see Ashford is a Rhondda boy as well .

There was one other move involving City yesterday, James Waite joined Hereford on loan until the end of the season.

There was one other move involving City yesterday, James Waite joined Hereford on loan until the end of the season.
    Came on for his debut tonight at half time away to York with Hereford 1-0 down but they ended up winning 2-1 with Waite getting the winner ten minutes from time.

Came on for his debut tonight at half time away to York with Hereford 1-0 down but they ended up winning 2-1 with Waite getting the winner ten minutes from time.
    will be interesting how he gets on

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    will be interesting how he gets on
    Definitely. He had a good game by the sound of it and the goal will hopefully have the home fans behind him from the start when he plays there. It's hard to get away from his size and I'm sure that has put off other teams from coming in for him but all he can do now is show off his undoubted talent as best he can. I know Hereford have struggled this season but as long as they get a certain amount of possession then Waite should do well there.

The U23's game at Watford today has been postponed.

City were 10-0 winners in their Welsh Youth Cup quarter final tie with Llanelli (they've got into double figures in all of their three matches played in the competition so far I believe) this afternoon. The team they put out contained players who have been appearing for the Development team in recent weeks and the scorers were Dan Griffiths (four), a couple from Sion Spence, Wooton, Mayembe, Martin (that might be Dan Martin who has been playing left back for the Under 23s this season) and Evans.

In another quarter final played today, the jacks, who have won the tournament for the last thousand years, were given a real fight by Merthyr before scraping a 2-1 win.

City were 10-0 winners in their Welsh Youth Cup quarter final tie with Llanelli (they've got into double figures in all of their three matches played in the competition so far I believe) this afternoon. The team they put out contained players who have been appearing for the Development team in recent weeks and the scorers were Dan Griffiths (four), a couple from Sion Spence, Wooton, Mayembe, Martin (that might be Dan Martin who has been playing left back for the Under 23s this season) and Evans.

In another quarter final played today, the jacks, who have won the tournament for the last thousand years, were given a real fight by Merthyr before scraping a 2-1 win.
    We now play Swansea in the semi finals, presumably at a neutral venue.

We now play Swansea in the semi finals, presumably at a neutral venue.
    Brewery field would be a good craic

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Brewery field would be a good craic
    TOBW may have a better idea of what's going to happen here. The last two times we've met in the final, one was in Cardiff and one was in Swansea, hardly neutral venues. Maybe those grounds had already been designated as the final venue but if there's some kind of agreement between the clubs that we take turns to host a 'neutral' game then it should be our turn this season, hopefully that's the case. We'll never have a better chance of beating them I'd have thought.

TOBW may have a better idea of what's going to happen here. The last two times we've met in the final, one was in Cardiff and one was in Swansea, hardly neutral venues. Maybe those grounds had already been designated as the final venue but if there's some kind of agreement between the clubs that we take turns to host a 'neutral' game then it should be our turn this season, hopefully that's the case. We'll never have a better chance of beating them I'd have thought.
    Last year's semis were played on neutral grounds I believe. Also, it looks like the score I gave for the jacks v Merthyr match (which I took off Twitter) was wrong - this piece by Terry Phillips, who is pretty clued in about age group football, says it finished 5-1.

http://www.dai-sport.com/bluebirds-f...uth-cup-semis/

What's your thoughts on Dan Griffiths Paul? He seems to know where the net is, should we be looking to give him a loan spell at someone like Newport?

I've seen a bit of Swansea u18s and if Dan Williams is banned for the semi final that will be a massive blow for them. I think he's their best player by some distance.

I see Rubin Colwill, who looked a bit naive when he first came into the team at the start of the season but was developing into an influential player before he disappeared for a few months (presumably because of injury), came on as a sub against Llanelli, but there's still no sign of Ryan Reynolds and Isaak Davies who have both been out since about a month before Christmas - maybe Aaron Bolger could play as well (he certainly qualifies by age)?

Just watched the highlights of the Llanelli game. Besides scoring, Dan Martin was involved in the creation of about five of the other goals and was popping up all over the pitch - there were also a couple of "agricultural" tackles by Llanelli players which led to them being shown red cards.

Just watched the highlights of the Llanelli game. Besides scoring, Dan Martin was involved in the creation of about five of the other goals and was popping up all over the pitch - there were also a couple of "agricultural" tackles by Llanelli players which led to them being shown red cards.
    The highlights are at this link (go to u19 FAW Cup highlights), Martin was everywhere by the look of it.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/card...video-archive/

A derby game for the Under 18s this morning when they entertain the wurzels at Leckwith, kick off at 11 o clock.

A derby game for the Under 18s this morning when they entertain the wurzels at Leckwith, kick off at 11 o clock.
    A 5-0 win with a hat-trick for Sion Spence, an own goal and a deserved goal for the indefatigable Connor Davies. Half the regulars missing so it was an impressive result, Bristol could've had a goal or two themselves but we were impressive throughout and five didn't flatter us. Spence got 90 minutes in but still doesn't quite look fully fit, he was cramping up a bit in the second half, and while he was man of the match there were good performances all round including a very entertaining hour from Rubin Colwill who, as TOBW said earlier, is coming back off an injury. I'm assuming that Rubin is the love child of Jason Fowler, I can think of no other explanation for the similarity.

This preview of the game claims we'll be playing our FAW Youth Cup semi against Swansea at home on March 10th. I'd be surprised at the date as there's a league game the day before and an under-23 game at Hull the night after. We'll see.

http://www.dai-sport.com/young-blueb...-derby-robins/

Another goal for James Waite but then a straight red later on. "Caught his man with a flailing arm" apparently. Was he on a step-ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Another goal for James Waite but then a straight red later on. "Caught his man with a flailing arm" apparently. Was he on a step-ladder?
    Maybe his arm caught the guy right on the kneecap, that can hurt.

Just to say that the Development team match against Watford today is now at Cardiff City Stadium, kick off 7.00pm, with free entry for all.

Tonight's Development team match is being shown live on Cardiff City TV and non subscribers can get a free pass to watch it.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityTV

Tonight's Development team match is being shown live on Cardiff City TV and non subscribers can get a free pass to watch it.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityTV
    Thanks for the heads up. I registered just in time to see us go 2 down.