+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4207

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    More positive stuff about Rubin Colwill in this article. McCarthy seems impressed.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...e-who-19765988

The highlights of the under-23s 4-0 win over second place Ipswich here, for anyone who fancies watching a City team playing some football. Novelty value if nothing else.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Apparently McCarthy was watching, it should've given him some food for thought. Colwill is the number 7. I haven't seen a game live for a while, I can't remember if Isaak Davies (9) is a right footer who can use his left or a left footer who can use his right. Or some kind of freak.
    Wasn't Davies on the bench against Millwall?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No, it was against Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Barnsley, as TOBW said (Colwill was on the bench for Millwall). He's quite versatile, can play anywhere across the front line. Pacy, two footed, goal scorer, tougher than his size would suggest, I'd say he's a genuine prospect. Colwill's size is going to be a big plus for him here, he might just be in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed.

Barnsley, as TOBW said (Colwill was on the bench for Millwall). He's quite versatile, can play anywhere across the front line. Pacy, two footed, goal scorer, tougher than his size would suggest, I'd say he's a genuine prospect. Colwill's size is going to be a big plus for him here, he might just be in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed.
    If you were just going by their performances on Tuesday, Davies would surely be chosen in the squad ahead of Mark Harris on Saturday.

Agreed. I like Davies and while we weren't convinced by him out wide initially I thought he was becoming effective there when needed last season. That versatility can be a curse in the long term but it might help him bag more places on the bench for the first team this season. That two footed thing he's got going must be a nightmare for defenders, how do you know where to show him?

Under 18s are playing QPR today at Leckwith, kick off 12 o clock.

City just gone 1-0 up.

2-0 at half time.

Another big win for City at age group level - 5-1 this time over QPR with Siyabonga Ligendza and Frazer Thomas getting two each and Taylor Jones scoring the fifth.

Even if tonight’s match is called off, there should be some City action today - the Under 23s are home to Colchester with a one o clock kick off and it should by shown on the club’s website.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even if tonight’s match is called off, there should be some City action today - the Under 23s are home to Colchester with a one o clock kick off and it should by shown on the club’s website.
    Griffiths on the bench. He's still alive.

Griffiths on the bench. He's still alive.
    ?

Colchester down to ten men within three minutes.

2-0, Isaak Davies pen after Patten had been fouled.

1-0, Keenan Patten.

1-0, Keenan Patten.
    good run from Ruben collwell. he's pretty quick for a big lad

3-0, a second Davies penalty after Colwill was fouled following a lovely move.

3-0 at half time.

I missed the teams. Is Radcliffe in goals or with the first team?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I missed the teams. Is Radcliffe in goals or with the first team?
    I think Ratcliffe and Sang are with the first team - City's side today is Cogman, then a back three of Bodenham, Denham and King, McWilliams and Waite are wing backs, Bowen and Patten in the middle of midfield and then Colwill and Evans either side of Davies.

I think Ratcliffe and Sang are with the first team - City's side today is Cogman, then a back three of Bodenham, Denham and King, McWilliams and Waite are wing backs, Bowen and Patten in the middle of midfield and then Colwill and Evans either side of Davies.
    If Ratcliffe is with the first team does that imply that Smithies isn't fit - or do we usually take a 3rd keeper in case one has a problem in the warm up?

4-1, an own goal I think following more good work by Colwill.

Under 23's playing same system as first team. That's one for the pro column when deciding if MM should have his contract extended.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Under 23's playing same system as first team. That's one for the pro column when deciding if MM should have his contract extended.
    Same system as far as numbers are concerned, but a world of difference between the methods used.

collwill and the right back are linking up well