+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4210

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Thought Brown and Began might have started today. It's good they are in the first team squad but still need to keep match fit even if they dont play whole game.

1-0 Colwill

2-0 Tomlin

2 - 0 Tomlin

(snap! )

3-0 Evans.

wow these are top of the league as well .

Bristol city u23 fact : a regular player at centre back for them (but not featuring today) is Joe Low, son of Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bristol city u23 fact : a regular player at centre back for them (but not featuring today) is Joe Low, son of Josh
    He was their captain last week.

any more news on the trialist, is it the same guy as last week or another from the trialist family.

any more news on the trialist, is it the same guy as last week or another from the trialist family.
    No, time was you’d soon know the identity of a trialist in these games even if City were trying to keep his identity a secret, but I’m not aware of this guys name being revealed anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, time was you’d soon know the identity of a trialist in these games even if City were trying to keep his identity a secret, but I’m not aware of this guys name being revealed anywhere.
    He's a big centre half and 'person of colour'
    Not sure that helps much in identifying him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He's a big centre half and 'person of colour'
    Not sure that helps much in identifying him though.
    yes I saw him in the last game, just wondering if it is the same player today.
    I was very impressed with him last time out.

yes I saw him in the last game, just wondering if it is the same player today.
    I was very impressed with him last time out.
    Whoever, it is, he and Tomlin were subbed around the hour mark, still 3-0.

Zac Bell start for Bristol City U23s, Barney Soady and Harry Leeson subs

http://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/in..._from=&ucat=1&
    Welsh qualified players for the Bristol team. Perhaps the wrong game to ask how they're doing

Finished 3-0, that’s five consecutive wins for the under 23s as well with the last four of them being by at least a three goal margin.

I think I’m right in saying that our first, Development and Academy teams are on a collective run of thirteen straight wins!

Finished 3-0, that’s five consecutive wins for the under 23s as well with the last four of them being by at least a three goal margin.

I think I’m right in saying that our first, Development and Academy teams are on a collective run of thirteen straight wins!
    I suspect it's no coincidence that all age groups are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I suspect it's no coincidence that all age groups are doing well.
    There must certainly be a good atmosphere at the club at the moment.

First team, U23s and U18s all on a winning streak.

Youth players getting opportunities and not looking out of place. That in itself must be focussing the minds of the u23 players.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights now.

There must certainly be a good atmosphere at the club at the moment.

First team, U23s and U18s all on a winning streak.

Youth players getting opportunities and not looking out of place. That in itself must be focussing the minds of the u23 players.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights now.
    On that subject, it was good to hear Mick McCarthy say in his pre match media meeting yesterday morning that he was going to watch the Under 23s play a few hours later.

On that subject, it was good to hear Mick McCarthy say in his pre match media meeting yesterday morning that he was going to watch the Under 23s play a few hours later.
    Him and Terry Connor were there. Respect to them for that.

Highlights of the game are here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Very interesting interview with Steve Morison from WOL today:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eping-19914167

"The odds of people coming through academies and making it as a fully fledged pro is 0.01 percent, something crazy," he says.

"Look, Rubin and Isaak haven't made it – I've told them both that. I told them the hard work starts now.
    "Winning for us, in the grand scheme of things, is Rubin Colwill making his debut, Isaak Davies being in the squad, that is winning for this football club," he says.

"We just have to keep working hard and we are by no means done yet. We are working round the clock, grafting to make sure we make this football club better from within.
    i) It's always a bit funny when UK players are called cr*p online considering they're the best 0.01% in the UK
    ii) Winning youth games means you play harder youth teams which helps development, but success at youth level is always about how many make the first team and have good careers.

iii) Neil Harris clearly has some strengths - I wonder if he's one who is better suited to being a youth manager? There are some mid-level or worse managers (Lee Johnson the classic example) who are just waiting for youth manager to be considered as prestigious a role in order to have their best career.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    i) It's always a bit funny when UK players are called cr*p online considering they're the best 0.01% in the UK
    ii) Winning youth games means you play harder youth teams which helps development, but success at youth level is always about how many make the first team and have good careers.

iii) Neil Harris clearly has some strengths - I wonder if he's one who is better suited to being a youth manager? There are some mid-level or worse managers (Lee Johnson the classic example) who are just waiting for youth manager to be considered as prestigious a role in order to have their best career.
    Based on his signings, Neil Harris would be an excellent scout

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Very interesting interview with Steve Morison from WOL today:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eping-19914167
    Terrific interview this, thanks for putting it up.

Fully agreed City123! I said on another thread somewhere that Neil Harris would make an excellent scout. You and I are absolutely right!

I thought it was a cert that Morison would follow Harris out of the club, but, reading that article, it looks like our ex manager kept a bit of distance between the two men. While the winning run is great, Morison repeats what you hear from so many at age group level - developing players takes priority over results, but I don't see how results can be ignored - we're playing well individually and collectively and beating teams comfortably at the moment, I do hope we don't just revert to type when it comes to first team selection now we're getting long term injured senior players back.

The Under 18s are at Ipswich today hoping to extend their winning run to four - kick off at 1 o clock.