+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Recalling the "safe" phones now too!

Can only imagine the sh!t that's flying around in Samsung HQ for this gross incompetence.

Apparently one device caught fire mid flight too

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ns-turn-it-off

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7

It's a shame that Samsung have ballsed up what should be the best phone on the market. It's the most feature rich phone available and one which I was hoping to get.

I imagine a second recall will kill it off for good and they'll just skip on to the Note 8 next year. The impact upon consumer confidence in the company as a whole will take some time to repair.

Apple, HTC & LG will be the big winners from all this.

Samsung phones are reliable, that's been my experience. This is pretty massive and the phone manufacturer market is so competitive that they need to be very careful that they're not knocked way off their perch. Look at Nokia and Blackberry, both well past their peak in this market - it doesn't take much.

People always complaining, at worst you go to bed owning an S7 and wake up to a Kindle Fire.

So true re: going the way of Blackberry and Nokia.

It's now been confirmed that Samsung has ceased production of the Note 7. What a balls up! Their next launch (S8?) is going to be crucial for the future of the company. Is the damage to consumer confidence repairable?

Just buy the Accessory Pack and you'll be fine.

I'm really upset about this; NOT. So much for the latest "must have" gadget. £50 a month (£600 per year) for a mobile phone!

I'm just pleased that Apple gadget fanboys haven't lumped on with some lame tribalistic "never would happen with iPhone." Glad to see people are mature on this board now.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Recalling the "safe" phones now too!

Can only imagine the sh!t that's flying around in Samsung HQ for this gross incompetence.

Apparently one device caught fire mid flight too

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ns-turn-it-off
    Worst part is they're waterproof as well, so good luck putting that fire out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Worst part is they're waterproof as well, so good luck putting that fire out.

Used Samsung phones and tablets for years got a note 2 fabulous piece of kit , and the new edge is a wonderful phone , things happen they will be back ,as a lot of people don't want to be controlled by the Apple police.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Used Samsung phones and tablets for years got a note 2 fabulous piece of kit , and the new edge is a wonderful phone , things happen they will be back ,as a lot of people don't want to be controlled by the Apple police.
    Predicted to cost Samsung over £4 Billion and all, allegedly, because it was rushed through to be out before the Iphone 7