+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumour from the dark side

Rumour from the dark side

Someone's posted that all the red seats are going to be replaced with blue ones during next summer

Re: Rumour from the dark side

That will be the final straw for me .Those seats are the heart and soul of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That will be the final straw for me .Those seats are the heart and soul of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Someone's posted that all the red seats are going to be replaced with blue ones during next summer
    For sale - 5,000 red seats, hardly used, good as new condition. Call Vinny, 0845 365 1115

If it's true, then at least just give them away free to a broke non league team, and at least see something decent become of them!

I think someone is making it up. What would be the point in spending a few hundred grand just to replace a few hardly used seats.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I think someone is making it up. What would be the point in spending a few hundred grand just to replace a few hardly used seats.
    Surely there has to be a cheaper option.

If only Vinny knew some young lad who was handy with a paintbrush......

I see a red seat and I want it painted blue.

Usual click bait no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see a red seat and I want it painted blue.

The beauty of this rumour,is that by next summer it will have turned into a fact and a promise from Tan to replace the seats.
    If it doesn't happen then it will be open season on Tan bashing for lying to the fans again, through those difficult messageboard off season summer months..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Usual click bait no doubt
    A suggestion on there is to have a ceremony burning all the red scarves outside the ground.

Also, why wait until summer? it could be done anytime, even during a game as no fecker sits in them anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    A suggestion on there is to have a ceremony burning all the red scarves outside the ground.
    Maybe the regulars on there who were so much in favour of the colour change that they physically threatened those who didn't could lead a procession to the bonfire?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I have asked this question before and without receiving an answer (probably because so few people have actually sat up there for City games)..... is the goal area to the left obscured for some of those in the far end (towards the Family Section) of the extended stand? The stand seems to be flush with somewhere around the 18 yard box.

Don't know. Never actually sat up there for any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The beauty of this rumour,is that by next summer it will have turned into a fact and a promise from Tan to replace the seats.
    If it doesn't happen then it will be open season on Tan bashing for lying to the fans again, through those difficult messageboard off season summer months..
    Correct. The OP was probably asked to post the thread by a certain person who does this quite often.
    Until someone at the club makes the statement we should put it down to rumour or more troublemaking.

Blue in the Face

This seems likely.

From a PR standpoint it makes sense to change the seats. But doing so could cost a massive amount of money. How many seats are there in the grand stand? 5000? If it cost £40 to change each seat, including the cost of labour etc, the it would cost in the region of £200000. Is that really a priority for the club right now??

The club seem to be pleasing disaffected fans with the Warnock appointment so maybe this is an attempt to contrive some future discontent towards the owner again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have asked this question before and without receiving an answer (probably because so few people have actually sat up there for City games)..... is the goal area to the left obscured for some of those in the far end (towards the Family Section) of the extended stand? The stand seems to be flush with somewhere around the 18 yard box.
    I was sat pretty close to the corner for the Madrid game last season and could see the whole pitch comfortably. I think it's close to a 10/12 yard line than the 18 yard one.

If anything I think you might struggle to see a corner but the goals would be fine.

I have reason to believe that this is indeed true. The Club are eager to get some passion back at the CCS.

Also, why wait until summer? it could be done anytime, even during a game as no fecker sits in them anyway..
    So true...

In fact, those seats seem to be used only when Wales are playing, so red is the correct colour. FACT

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    So true...

In fact, those seats seem to be used only when Wales are playing, so red is the correct colour. FACT
    Wrong way around. When Wales are playing, you can't see the colour of the seats. After another draw though in the WC Qualifiers though and you may be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    I have reason to believe that this is indeed true. The Club are eager to get some passion back at the CCS.
    And Fire??

When will the club realise that the only way to get disaffected fans back is for performance to improve on the pitch. Let's fact it the seats would be full if we got back into the Premiership. All football fans are fickle but ours are more fickle than others. Wasting money on replacing the seats is folly.

Clowns will be found sitting on them, all over the city causing panic.