+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pound pounded down, again

Re: Pound pounded down, again

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I didn't vote, but I explained to a lot people in simple language what both sides were up to. I reckon about 50 people switched from remain to brexit afterwards.
    tbf, it would have to be simple language for a brexiter to understand

I didn't vote, but I explained to a lot people in simple language what both sides were up to. I reckon about 50 people switched from remain to brexit afterwards.
    What would people do without the likes of you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    What would people do without the likes of you mate.
    I am confident that history will prove me right

I am confident that history will prove me right
    I'm fairly confident as well, but if people need explaining to that politicians lie for their own ends I'm not sure they should have the right to vote.

We should have a group of elders picked from the best universities in the land. And they should oversee us idiots and make our decisions for us. Then there should be a further group of wise elders over seeing if what they're doing is correct. Much like Iran but without the hanging gay people.

Fact is the people are dumb. We voted Labour back in to power after iraq. That has been proven time and time again. 99% of people will vote based off word of mouth between workers and tiny headlines heard between songs on Radio 1, KISS, Heart radio etc etc.

My sister voted remain simply because she had heard that the EU puts in rules to help with childcare vouchers or something?. She didn't even know if it was true.

I'm fairly confident as well, but if people need explaining to that politicians lie for their own ends I'm not sure they should have the right to vote.
    Actually this forum was pretty good for all sorts of info, as there were protagonists canvassing for both sides. As you say the two sets of politicians were useless, and what they failed to say was most telling.

Actually this forum was pretty good for all sorts of info, as there were protagonists canvassing for both sides. As you say the two sets of politicians were useless, and what they failed to say was most telling.
    Out of interest why didn't you vote?

Out of interest why didn't you vote?
    Both choices were just about as bad as each other

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Is it ? Hit the nerve have I ? what was factual was that the poor voted to exit and the properous voted remain.
    I doubt it's that simple.

If you follow the idea that Labour voters are more likely to be worse off than Tory voters, we know that Labour voters voted more likely to remain.

Suppose that you are right. It makes little sense for the worst off to vote for something that was, and is, likely to hit their pockets for a number of years afterwards, though maybe that lack of sense explains something.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Fact is the people are dumb. We voted Labour back in to power after iraq. That has been proven time and time again. 99% of people will vote based off word of mouth between workers and tiny headlines heard between songs on Radio 1, KISS, Heart radio etc etc.

My sister voted remain simply because she had heard that the EU puts in rules to help with childcare vouchers or something?. She didn't even know if it was true.
    I'm believing this to be truer by the day.

After you recommended them to vote remain?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    After you recommended them to vote remain?
    I didn't recommend anything, just pointed out the inaccuracies on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    That was poll data. There is no certain way to know how people of certain age ranges voted. The age range data is taken from a poll, so although likely representative, polls on such subjects have proven flawed. Young people are less likely to admit to voting tory for example, and the same is seen as being the case for a vote leave. So the % of under 45s that voted could well be quite a bit higher.
    But still more likely that the under 45s voted to remain in general. If that wasn't the case, then either the over 45s didn't vote to leave overall or did by a couple of percentage points overall, which doesn't seem likely.

I believe the 16-18 age group should have been allowed to vote. After all it's the young people of today who will have to put up with the consequences a decision forced on them by a group of people still harboring grudges against Johnny Foreigner.

Is there any reason to believe that the Joseph Rowntree Foundation findings are less that accurate?

From https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/brexit...-opportunities
    An exerpt:

"We found that support for Brexit was strongest in areas where a large percentage of the population did not have any qualifications and were ill-equipped to thrive amid a post-industrial and increasingly competitive economy that favours those with skills and is operating in the broader context of globalisation. For instance, 15 of the 20 ‘least educated’ areas voted to leave while all of the 20 ‘most highly educated’ areas voted to remain. Support for Brexit was also stronger than average in areas with a larger number of pensioners. Of the 20 youngest authorities 16 voted to remain, but of the 20 oldest authorities 19 voted to leave."

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    That was poll data. There is no certain way to know how people of certain age ranges voted. The age range data is taken from a poll, so although likely representative, polls on such subjects have proven flawed. Young people are less likely to admit to voting tory for example, and the same is seen as being the case for a vote leave. So the % of under 45s that voted could well be quite a bit higher.
    Oh come on. Polls that said remain would win comfortably, had 60%+ of over 65's voting to leave. That is about as surefire as a guesstimate can get.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Stats eh...

Most poll data that I have seen says that ONLY 36% of 18-24 year olds could be bothered to vote.
    And of that pathetic 36% turnout 3/4 voted remain.

So whenever your hear anybody complaining about Brexit affecting the younger generation - please quote them the figures.
    I've not seen this data. could you link it?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I googled it - and the 36& figure came out again and again - BUT The Guardian (we know their Brexit / left wing leaning) said it MAY be 64% voted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7105396.html

Like I said 'Stats eh' , no one has the exact figure and it wasnt recorded it's just guess work - and people will take the stat that suits them best
    Thanks, interesting. I'm trying to find the source for the data. It redirects you to a tweet from sky poll (or similar). Would like to see something more substantial than a tweet before I believe it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Thanks, interesting. I'm trying to find the source for the data. It redirects you to a tweet from sky poll (or similar). Would like to see something more substantial than a tweet before I believe it tbh
    That doesn't stop Splott Dai

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That doesn't stop Splott Dai
    Splott Dai doesn't even need a tweet mate