+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pound pounded down, again

Re: Pound pounded down, again

Did it at sportingbet.com, same price at skybet.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Did it at sportingbet.com, same price at skybet.

Great bet I reckon.

Yeah, let's hope he's retained his enthusiasm and can get the players to believe in themselves. Also out there is 200-1 for a top two finish and 100-1 for promotion.

Yeah, let's hope he's retained his enthusiasm and can get the players to believe in themselves. Also out there is 200-1 for a top two finish and 100-1 for promotion.
    I think Warnock will be fine personally.

Although I'll leave the top two positions alone I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    For everyone of these in the UK, there is more than 1 in the EU.

Its a game of poker being played.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    May certainly seemed more interested in immigration than the single market speaking at the Tory conference last week. Of course, she may have just been playing to her audience of blue rinsed octogenarians.

Personally I don't think Nissan are making excuses. If we end up with tariffs, no major manufacturer in their right mind would make cars here for export to the EU
    Really?

Even with the tariffs added, the fall in the sterling means its still cheaper. Therefore it makes more sense to build them here. Comprende?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It'll mean something to them when all the imported items are sky rocketing in price.
    It'll mean more when for the same reasons wages start going up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    it should be called 80pland now ,happy days , isn't going swimmingly well in Brexit world , and still immigration continues .
    Damn.

It was all going perfectly before this brexit stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    it should be called 80pland now ,happy days , isn't going swimmingly well in Brexit world , and still immigration continues .
    Soon to be rebranded as Fiverland at this rate

I don't think anyone said short term it would be easy.

Disputes between suppliers happens regardless.

Businesses want to squeeze every penny out of the normal man and women.

Free trade has decimated some businesses here (obviously bringing a lot of benefits as well). Maybe an end to it will bring about chances for more job and business creation UK based.

For every steel works that is destroyed because of chinese dumping, there are companies that use the cheap steel.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-10-16 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't think anyone said short term it would be easy.

Disputes between suppliers happens regardless.

Businesses want to squeeze every penny out of the normal man and women.

Free trade has decimated some businesses here (obviously bringing a lot of benefits as well). Maybe an end to it will bring about chances for more job and business creation UK based.

For every steel works that is destroyed because of chinese dumping, there are companies that use the cheap steel.
    Brexit saved port talbot. If it wasnt for the pound falling, that would have closed by now. Instead its making profit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What a load of bollocks.
    Is it ? Hit the nerve have I ? what was factual was that the poor voted to exit and the properous voted remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Is it ? Hit the nerve have I ? what was factual was that the poor voted to exit and the properous voted remain.
    Depends how you define prosperous. I know a few people who I would consider prosperous who voted for Brexit. Many of the older generation.

Link to these stats?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    The pound going to a 130 odd year low is down to a 'fluctuation'? right.
    not gonna bother with the rest of your post because it's not relevant to what I wrote
    Incidentally, your leader has been chucking her toys out on facebook recently, I suppose it's what happens when you ignore your voters and try to impose your own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Link to these stats?
    Google, I'm in work and only get 30 mins for lunch break

Incidentally, your leader has been chucking her toys out on facebook recently, I suppose it's what happens when you ignore your voters and try to impose your own point of view.
    my leader? I'm not a part of any political party. I have my preferences though of course.
    If you're talking about Leanne Wood, then she has every right to be annoyed. Plaid Cymru voters were the ones with the strongest remain vote (using BES data). Don't let facts get in the way of your agenda though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Link to these stats?
    Look it up, the regions that voted brexit are poorer. The wealthier areas voted remain.

The stats dont go into individual wealth, but the areas prosperity. Even with all this euro money spent on gentrification, it still didnt help their prosperity. So a leave vote was always going to happen for the poorer areas.

Over 45s, and especially over 65s, voted out, and under 45s, particularly those aged 18-24, voted to stay. That was the most easily identifiable and important split of all.

Over 45s, and especially over 65s, voted out, and under 45s, particularly those aged 18-24, voted to stay. That was the most easily identifiable and important split of all.
    Which would suggest Nelson or HeathBlue as he used to be known isn't too far wrong.

That was poll data. There is no certain way to know how people of certain age ranges voted. The age range data is taken from a poll, so although likely representative, polls on such subjects have proven flawed. Young people are less likely to admit to voting tory for example, and the same is seen as being the case for a vote leave. So the % of under 45s that voted could well be quite a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Which would suggest Nelson or HeathBlue as he used to be known isn't too far wrong.
    I,m very rarely wrong
    I,m was a non voter who just happens to believe that the vote should now be carried, not really sure why but I have enjoyed watching the remain camp crying I find it entertaining and they can stick their marmite where the sun dun shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    That was poll data. There is no certain way to know how people of certain age ranges voted. The age range data is taken from a poll, so although likely representative, polls on such subjects have proven flawed. Young people are less likely to admit to voting tory for example, and the same is seen as being the case for a vote leave. So the % of under 45s that voted could well be quite a bit higher.
    Yes, you are correct. I was taking those findings from poll data. I should have qualified my remarks to reflect your comments.

I,m very rarely wrong
    I,m was a non voter who just happens to believe that the vote should now be carried, not really sure why but I have enjoyed watching the remain camp crying I find it entertaining and they can stick their marmite where the sun dun shine.
    Same logic applies to everyone who was up in arms when the Tories won the last election.

The problem as I see it is threefold:
    1. It was a very close vote so either way, half the country is going to be disappointed in a result that can and will have a very real impact on their lives
    2. There was so much mis-information, and a general lack of comprehension among the population about the impacts that, imho, the vast majority of the country (both sides) didn't really understand what they were voting for.
    3. The largest group of brexiters, are the ones least likely to be affected by the long-term impact.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    2. There was so much mis-information, and a general lack of comprehension among the population about the impacts that, imho, the vast majority of the country (both sides) didn't really understand what they were voting for.
    I didn't vote, but I explained to a lot people in simple language what both sides were up to. I reckon about 50 people switched from remain to brexit afterwards.