+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new royal yacht

Re: new royal yacht

Here's a list of the queen's State visits: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_Elizabeth_II

How come she has never visited Israel? Is there a political reason for this? Come in SD - what's that all about then bro?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You mean when Princess Di was killed by a mossad hit man on the instructions of the Duke of Edinburgh and MI5 because the heir to the throne might have a Muslim half brother whose descendants one day might've inherited the throne?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Here's a list of the queen's State visits: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_Elizabeth_II

How come she has never visited Israel? Is there a political reason for this? Come in SD - what's that all about then bro?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ot-Israel.html

"Until there is a settlement between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, the Royal family can't really go there," said one Whitehall source.
    "There have been inward State Visits by Israel, which just involves dealing with the Head of State, but in Israel so much politics is caught up in the land itself that it's best to avoid those complications altogether by not going there."

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post

do you realise what you've just done??????

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Seems a bit steep for someone on benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    He's correct on all of them. The monarch doesn't have to pay income or Council Tax (this one chooses to), display vehicle licence plates or need a licence to drive. Another power wielded under the Royal Prerogative is the legal authority to destroy any subject's property. It sounds far-fetched but it's true.
    But in practice? These are like those laws you read about, Welshmen can be shot with a bow and arrow at midnight in Chester and all that. Her powers are more about ceremony than anything tanglible.

If after the last election, the Queen had said "No thanks Mr Cameron, I want Ed M to run the country" do you think that would have been that?

The Queen seems a pretty sensible lady and she knows not to get involved. If there was ever an offspring who did want to run the show then those 'powers' are going to be rescinded by Parliament very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But in practice? These are like those laws you read about, Welshmen can be shot with a bow and arrow at midnight in Chester and all that. Her powers are more about ceremony than anything tanglible.

If after the last election, the Queen had said "No thanks Mr Cameron, I want Ed M to run the country" do you think that would have been that?

The Queen seems a pretty sensible lady and she knows not to get involved. If there was ever an offspring who did want to run the show then those 'powers' are going to be rescinded by Parliament very quickly.
    I believe that Prince Charles became quite stroppy in the 1970s when he refused to do some PR work for the then Labour Government. But apart from that they have been walked over by traitors like Blair and Cameron. Sooner or later they will have to stand up for themselves. When the Muslims are in a majority they will not want a Christian head of state. If the monarch is not a Muslim then they will abolish the monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I believe that Prince Charles became quite stroppy in the 1970s when he refused to do some PR work for the then Labour Government. But apart from that they have been walked over by traitors like Blair and Cameron. Sooner or later they will have to stand up for themselves. When the Muslims are in a majority they will not want a Christian head of state. If the monarch is not a Muslim then they will abolish the monarchy.
    Ok, think I'm done with this conversation.

Ok, think I'm done with this conversation.
    Have I said a bad thing? Please come back Lardarse. Enlighten me. Forgive me.

That bit about seizing and destroying property isn't some ancient quirky thing that no-one's ever been arsed about removing; it was created 12 years ago by its inclusion in the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. That Act is for declared national emergencies, and is a frightening read. If it's ever enacted, then the citizenry will potentially have no rights. The state arbitrarily could lawfully take anyone's home (and/or any property) and forcibly remove occupants to wherever they choose.

That bit about seizing and destroying property isn't some ancient quirky thing that no-one's ever been arsed about removing; it was created 12 years ago by its inclusion in the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. That Act is for declared national emergencies, and is a frightening read. If it's ever enacted, then the citizenry will potentially have no rights. The state arbitrarily could lawfully take anyone's home (and/or any property) and forcibly remove occupants to wherever they choose.
    Not just the State, Organ. Your local council can do it with compulsory purchase. In the so-called "Land of the Free" they call it Eminent Domain and if someone thinks can make better use of your land or house they can apply to the local authority for your property to be given to them.

As long as they don't go shooting Welshmen with bows and arrows after midnight!