Is this an evil man who bombs his own people? you can decide for yourselves but I honestly don't think he is, if you have an opinion about what's going on in Syria then it's only fair that you listen to both sides of the story.

Interviewer: “Last question Mr. President, Do you believe in a diplomatic/political solution, or do you deep inside your heart, know that this is going to be a military solution and that is really what you want?”

Assad: “Neither, neither because when you have problem you have solution you don’t have ‘kind-of’ solution. At the problem itself will tell you how many aspect of that problems you have, for example, if I believe in political solution: that you have terrorism, you cannot have political solution because you have chaos, if you have chaos . . . so you first need to fight terrorists in order to reach political solution, so in reality you have to follow both path–the military and diplomatic or the political, because they are related to each other.

So it’s not about my belief, it’s not what I believe, it’s what the requirement of this conflict to be solve, so you don’t define it, the whole circumstance is defined. For example, regarding the terrorists is not only about military solution, it’s about the adjacent countries and the western countries stop supporting the terrorists. If they stop supporting them the military aspect of that solution will be marginalized, it won’t be important because they would be weak, you will give a chance to more political initiative in that regard. If they support them more, actually what’s going to happen is the opposite–the political solution, or path, will be marginalized, so it’s not about what I believe in, I wish we can solve everything politically! I wish! That what I think is suitable but it’s not about what I wish it’s about the facts on the ground.”