+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President Assad’s full interview on Danish television

Blog Entries

President Assad’s full interview on Danish television

Is this an evil man who bombs his own people? you can decide for yourselves but I honestly don't think he is, if you have an opinion about what's going on in Syria then it's only fair that you listen to both sides of the story.

Interviewer: “Last question Mr. President, Do you believe in a diplomatic/political solution, or do you deep inside your heart, know that this is going to be a military solution and that is really what you want?”

Assad: “Neither, neither because when you have problem you have solution you don’t have ‘kind-of’ solution. At the problem itself will tell you how many aspect of that problems you have, for example, if I believe in political solution: that you have terrorism, you cannot have political solution because you have chaos, if you have chaos . . . so you first need to fight terrorists in order to reach political solution, so in reality you have to follow both path–the military and diplomatic or the political, because they are related to each other.

So it’s not about my belief, it’s not what I believe, it’s what the requirement of this conflict to be solve, so you don’t define it, the whole circumstance is defined. For example, regarding the terrorists is not only about military solution, it’s about the adjacent countries and the western countries stop supporting the terrorists. If they stop supporting them the military aspect of that solution will be marginalized, it won’t be important because they would be weak, you will give a chance to more political initiative in that regard. If they support them more, actually what’s going to happen is the opposite–the political solution, or path, will be marginalized, so it’s not about what I believe in, I wish we can solve everything politically! I wish! That what I think is suitable but it’s not about what I wish it’s about the facts on the ground.”

Blog Entries

Re: President Assad’s full interview on Danish television

He is a wise man fighting for the survival of his country against religion crazed nutjobs and Western armed foreign mercenaries. He is also fighting a propaganda war against well rewarded politicians and journalists. I don't need to tell you who is paying for this.

The newspapers show that William Hague, who did so much to try and topple Assad, is now getting £250k a year for a little bit of work for Teneo, a company with strong Clinton and Israeli links.

Sorry to hijack a serious thread but every time I see this guy I can't quite figure out which one of the muppets he reminds me of.

I think it's Bert but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Sorry to hijack a serious thread but every time I see this guy I can't quite figure out which one of the muppets he reminds me of.

Sam The Eagle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    He is a wise man fighting for the survival of his country against religion crazed nutjobs and Western armed foreign mercenaries. He is also fighting a propaganda war against well rewarded politicians and journalists. I don't need to tell you who is paying for this.

The newspapers show that William Hague, who did so much to try and topple Assad, is now getting £250k a year for a little bit of work for Teneo, a company with strong Clinton and Israeli links.
    It must be very frustrating for him knowing the full story then reading what the rest of the world is being told about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Maybe watch the video for a while and it might come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post

Shooting peaceful protesters then attempting to ethnically cleanse syria of sunnis is not wise.

The damage is done. There'll be no compromise because he killed far too many.

Barrel bombing hospitals and aid vehicles. Since when did that get defended?.

Was Assad that much against Israel? I don't think so.

When can people accept there are no innocent factions in this conflict. Everyone tries to white wash different sides. Nearly all are evil and have lost perspective and what is importnant.

Maybe assad is the only option. Blow syria to pieces and he'll keep his little throne. Because a leader brings stability right?.

It won't end until he is gone. The Sunni kingdoms will see to that.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-10-16 at 12:41.

Tried to edit the above to be more like a question rather than a statement. too slow

I'll watch the video later.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

You've got it the wrong way round.

Actually I believe him now.

I expected him to have an interview and say "actually we've been bombing innocent people, hospitals, schools, kids etc" but as he didn't I believe him.........

Blog Entries

Shooting peaceful protesters then attempting to ethnically cleanse syria of sunnis is not wise.

The damage is done. There'll be no compromise because he killed far too many.

Barrel bombing hospitals and aid vehicles. Since when did that get defended?.

When can people accept there are no innocent factions in this conflict. Everyone tries to white wash different sides. Nearly all are evil and have lost perspective and what is importnant.

Maybe assad is the only option. Blow syria to pieces and he'll keep his little throne. Because a leader brings stability right?.

It won't end until he is gone. The Sunni kingdoms will see to that.
    Any proof of that?

Tried to edit the above to be more like a question rather than a statement. too slow

I would

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

I expected him to have an interview and say "actually we've been bombing innocent people, hospitals, schools, kids etc" but as he didn't I believe him.........
    Do you also expect our government and the western media to admit to making up lies about it?

He isn't the one pulling the trigger, dropping the bombs. He has had nothing of a normal life. He is just protecting what he inherited.
    There is nothing legitimate about his leadership:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-assad-or-else

30 years his father ruled. If every man, women, child, dog and cat are destroyed to keep his family in power it'll happen.

People have a romantic idea about a leader. As if he brings stability. He is one of the reasons for the instability.

Transition is the only option as said by many previously.

The Arab spring occurred for a reason. It was the wrong way to go about changing leadership granted.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-10-16 at 13:03.

Is there honour in what has been done? No. Is there some justification for what has happened and wanting to keep the state, the country alive? Most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Any proof of that?

I would

Do you also expect our government and the western media to admit to making up lies about it?
    Who said anything about Western governments or media?

Assad comes across as a cool calm character, which is why he easily fools people.

In any conflict/war innocent civilians suffer the worst. Unless this is all theatre, Russia by its actions is saying to the USA et al that they won't allow Assad to fall and with it lose access to their strategic port there. The people behind the plot to remove Assad don't give two hoots about the loss of any civilian lives in Aleppo, or anywhere else for that matter.

Read between the lines of Boris Johnson's words below. Are the neocons mad enough to start WW3 for the sake of civilians in one part of Aleppo who are trapped there because they are forced to remain as human shields by the groups that the West created?

As he floated the possibility of military action, the Foreign Secretary stressed any British involvement would be part of a broader coalition and was not likely in the short term.

"It is right now that we should be looking again at the more kinetic options, the military options," he said.

"We can't do anything without a coalition, without doing it with the Americans.

"I think we're still a pretty long day's march from getting there. But that doesn't mean that discussions aren't going on, because they certainly are."

More: http://news.sky.com/story/children-d...leppo-10615166

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Read between the lines of Boris Johnson's words below. Are the neocons mad enough to start WW3 for the sake of civilians in one part of Aleppo who are trapped there because they are forced to remain as human shields by the groups that the West created?

As he floated the possibility of military action, the Foreign Secretary stressed any British involvement would be part of a broader coalition and was not likely in the short term.

"It is right now that we should be looking again at the more kinetic options, the military options," he said.

"We can't do anything without a coalition, without doing it with the Americans.

"I think we're still a pretty long day's march from getting there. But that doesn't mean that discussions aren't going on, because they certainly are."

More: http://news.sky.com/story/children-d...leppo-10615166
    It isn't just aleppo though is it. Invading Ukraine, Russian build up near the baltics, flying planes over nato allies. America do the same in other parts of the world.

I doubt Russia and the Americans are that dumb to be honest. No one would gain from it.

Russia are not the powerhouse country they claim to be. Obviously they can do a huge amount of damage. But it wouldn't end well for them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_expenditures

This is just all posturing I think.

Russia doesn't have that many friends. True friends.

It isn't just aleppo though is it. Invading Ukraine, Russian build up near the baltics, flying planes over nato allies. America do the same in other parts of the world.

I doubt Russia and the Americans are that dumb to be honest. No one would gain from it.

Russia are not the powerhouse country they claim to be. Obviously they can do a huge amount of damage. But it wouldn't end well for them:

Except for on here.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Is this an evil man who bombs his own people? you can decide for yourselves but I honestly don't think he is, if you have an opinion about what's going on in Syria then it's only fair that you listen to both sides of the story.

Interviewer: “Last question Mr. President, Do you believe in a diplomatic/political solution, or do you deep inside your heart, know that this is going to be a military solution and that is really what you want?”

Assad: “Neither, neither because when you have problem you have solution you don’t have ‘kind-of’ solution. At the problem itself will tell you how many aspect of that problems you have, for example, if I believe in political solution: that you have terrorism, you cannot have political solution because you have chaos, if you have chaos . . . so you first need to fight terrorists in order to reach political solution, so in reality you have to follow both path–the military and diplomatic or the political, because they are related to each other.

So it’s not about my belief, it’s not what I believe, it’s what the requirement of this conflict to be solve, so you don’t define it, the whole circumstance is defined. For example, regarding the terrorists is not only about military solution, it’s about the adjacent countries and the western countries stop supporting the terrorists. If they stop supporting them the military aspect of that solution will be marginalized, it won’t be important because they would be weak, you will give a chance to more political initiative in that regard. If they support them more, actually what’s going to happen is the opposite–the political solution, or path, will be marginalized, so it’s not about what I believe in, I wish we can solve everything politically! I wish! That what I think is suitable but it’s not about what I wish it’s about the facts on the ground.”
    Thanks for posting Mrs. Very good balanced OP. Will give this a watch when I get time.

Nobody wants war. Nobody except some powerful politicians, perhaps.

From all I've read, Russia is miles behind when it comes to ships, tanks, etc, but significantly ahead in missile technology. It's reckoned their S-300 and S-400 systems can take out any plane and ship, including aircraft carriers, from several hundred miles away. They have deployed the S-400 at their Syrian port.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Nobody wants war. Nobody except some powerful politicians, perhaps.

From all I've read, Russia is miles behind when it comes to ships, tanks, etc, but significantly ahead in missile technology. It's reckoned their S-300 and S-400 systems can take out any plane and ship, including aircraft carriers, from several hundred miles away. They have deployed the S-400 at their Syrian port.
    How does one sink an aircraft carrier with a surface to air missile?

You were supposed to watch the video before you wrote that essay

Who said anything about Western governments or media?

Assad comes across as a cool calm character, which is why he easily fools people.
    Who is he fooling? Everybody is saying he must go. Him, Gaddafi, Saddam, Trump and Jeremy Corbyn are all evil, it's on the news every day

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    How does one sink an aircraft carrier with a surface to air missile?
    It can launch a wide variety of missiles of both surface to air and surface to surface. Some have a max range of 1,500 miles if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who is he fooling? Everybody is saying he must go. Him, Gaddafi, Saddam, Trump and Jeremy Corbyn are all evil, it's on the news every day
    I'm no Corbyn voter but mentioning in the same sentence as those lot seems a tad unfair to me.

I must've been hoodwinked by the MSM again.