+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: President Assad’s full interview on Danish television

Re: President Assad’s full interview on Danish television

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Random I know!!!, been trawling through wikileaks this afternoon
    https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1...UT03763_d.html
    There were so many groups involved in the Lebanese Civil War it was just impossible to understand what was going on there. I don't think even Splott Dave would dare to pontificate on it. It reminded me of the comment about the Schleswig-Holstein Question :

"Only three people have ever really understood the Schleswig-Holstein business—the Prince Consort, who is dead—a German professor, who has gone mad—and I, who have forgotten all about it."

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I do not defend America or the West at all times.

When Saddam attacked iran the west did nothing and gave him arms. Then when the gulf war happened they put sanctions on Iran. Robert Fisk said those sanctions included medical syringes and children's clothing.
    Was Saddam a US proxy?

What was it that George Bush said? “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me… can’t get fooled again.”

UN Team Heard Claims of ‘Staged’ Chemical Attacks
    https://consortiumnews.com/2016/09/0...mical-attacks/

Exclusive: A widely touted U.N. report accusing the Syrian government of two chlorine-gas attacks relied on shaky evidence and brushed aside witness testimony that claimed some incidents were staged, reports Robert Parry.

United Nations investigators encountered evidence that alleged chemical weapons attacks by the Syrian military were staged by jihadist rebels and their supporters, but still decided to blame the government for two incidents in which chlorine was allegedly dispersed via improvised explosives dropped by helicopters.

In both cases, the Syrian government denied that it had any aircraft in the areas at the times of the purported attacks, but the U.N. team rejected that explanation with the curious argument that Syria failed to provide flight records to corroborate the absence of any flights. Yet, if there had been no flights, there would be no flight records.

Rewind back to 2013..

Before we Bomb Syria, Shouldn't we Seek Proof of Guilt?
    http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....of-guilt-.html

The pathetic bleating flock of the British political media are helping to beat the drums for war. Yet again.

Late last week, the BBC began blasting the airwaves with stories about a chemical weapons attack in the suburbs of Damascus. Initially, its reporters and presenters were reasonably careful to point out that the videos on which this claim was based were unverified - and in fact impossible to verify. As has since become quite clear, the site of the alleged atrocity is very difficult to reach. This fact would be well-known to those who released the films. Indeed, they are in a position to make the site hard to reach. This is by no means the first such allegation that has been made. No reliable proof has ever been produced of any of them.

But bit by bit, this caution lessened. The more the claims were repeated, and the more the films were shown, the more commentators and reporters would say that it was ‘almost certain’ or ‘increasingly likely’ that the Syrian government’s armed forces were responsible for a huge chemical warfare attack on civilians, in the suburbs of the capital city.

In a slow news week, the unpopular papers and then the popular papers, joined in with their own coverage. Even some normally-sceptical writers and commentators were regrettably swept up in proclaiming the likelihood of the truth of the story. It is becoming increasingly risky to voice doubt. What if it’s true? How will the doubters look then? Well, when it's proved to be true, I’ll accept it is true. But until then, I won’t. I won't be frightened into abandoning the rules of evidence, and nor should you be.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The evidence seems to show that Saddam used chemical warfare against his enemies. For example, he attacked the Kurds in the Halabja chemical attack. But who do you think the Americans blamed for the Halabja attack? They blamed Iran. They knew Saddam did it but because they wanted to send Iran to the naughty chair the official line was that it was a crime committed by the Iranian Government. They were not interested in the truth then and they are not interested in the truth now. They want Assad out and they will go along with any lie that suits them.

You seem to be suggesting that Saddam should have been killed anyway for the deaths in the Iran War. Are you saying that the leader of any country that starts a war which leads to the deaths of "hundreds of thousands of people" should be executed? Does that include Blair and Bush?

You might not have been swayed by the WMD argument but our MPs believed it and that influenced their votes. They were taken in by a lie.

I don't beat my wife, but if a policemen knocked on my door and said unless you agree not to beat your wife I will arrest you then I would say "I agree". Syria's agreement to destroy chemical weapons can be seen in the same light. As far as I know there is no proof that Assad has used chemical weapons, but his accusers have a long history of doing so. We all know about the American use of chemical weapons and Israel was using white phosphorus in Gaza.

That Guardian link hardly counts as evidence for a chemical weapons attack. Did you read the following disclaimer? "The Guardian has been unable to verify the material, which includes videos and photos of adults and children struggling to breathe, often wearing oxygen masks. Some are retching, while others are being stripped and hosed down to remove chemical residue." The doctors mentioned in the report work for an American financed anti-Assad organisation which refuses to cooperate with the UN. The organisation is probably more like the BBC Casualty than a real casualty charity. You must have seen all the fake videos.

The main question you have to ask yourself is "Cui bono?" What has Assad got to gain and lose by using chemical weapons?
    4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

You boys are like your own parody.
    Last edited by TruBlue; 16-10-16 at 12:29.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    What was it that George Bush said? “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me… can’t get fooled again.”

UN Team Heard Claims of ‘Staged’ Chemical Attacks
    https://consortiumnews.com/2016/09/0...mical-attacks/

Exclusive: A widely touted U.N. report accusing the Syrian government of two chlorine-gas attacks relied on shaky evidence and brushed aside witness testimony that claimed some incidents were staged, reports Robert Parry.

United Nations investigators encountered evidence that alleged chemical weapons attacks by the Syrian military were staged by jihadist rebels and their supporters, but still decided to blame the government for two incidents in which chlorine was allegedly dispersed via improvised explosives dropped by helicopters.

In both cases, the Syrian government denied that it had any aircraft in the areas at the times of the purported attacks, but the U.N. team rejected that explanation with the curious argument that Syria failed to provide flight records to corroborate the absence of any flights. Yet, if there had been no flights, there would be no flight records.

Rewind back to 2013..

Before we Bomb Syria, Shouldn't we Seek Proof of Guilt?
    http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....of-guilt-.html

The pathetic bleating flock of the British political media are helping to beat the drums for war. Yet again.

Late last week, the BBC began blasting the airwaves with stories about a chemical weapons attack in the suburbs of Damascus. Initially, its reporters and presenters were reasonably careful to point out that the videos on which this claim was based were unverified - and in fact impossible to verify. As has since become quite clear, the site of the alleged atrocity is very difficult to reach. This fact would be well-known to those who released the films. Indeed, they are in a position to make the site hard to reach. This is by no means the first such allegation that has been made. No reliable proof has ever been produced of any of them.

But bit by bit, this caution lessened. The more the claims were repeated, and the more the films were shown, the more commentators and reporters would say that it was ‘almost certain’ or ‘increasingly likely’ that the Syrian government’s armed forces were responsible for a huge chemical warfare attack on civilians, in the suburbs of the capital city.

In a slow news week, the unpopular papers and then the popular papers, joined in with their own coverage. Even some normally-sceptical writers and commentators were regrettably swept up in proclaiming the likelihood of the truth of the story. It is becoming increasingly risky to voice doubt. What if it’s true? How will the doubters look then? Well, when it's proved to be true, I’ll accept it is true. But until then, I won’t. I won't be frightened into abandoning the rules of evidence, and nor should you be.

That happens all the time, why would the BBC have to make a fake Panorama story about chemical attacks around the same time if they had real stories to report on? it does not add up, if I remember right from all the info the Panorama team just happened to be passing this place in the arse end of nowhere when they made their film, yeah ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That happens all the time, why would the BBC have to make a fake Panorama story about chemical attacks around the same time if they had real stories to report on? it does not add up, if I remember right from all the info the Panorama team just happened to be passing this place in the arse end of nowhere when they made their film, yeah ok.
    And the "doctor" was the daughter of one of the opposition leaders, still it was on Panorama and that's enough to get TruBlue salivating, it's all the proof he needs

I dont think the BBC particularly has to lie.

The British have said they've no interest in the conflict now.

Why would the BBC need to have a propaganda campaign to the dumb British ignorants who havent a clue.

They don't have to fuel the conflict, assad has done a good job of that by murdering innocent people.

And the sunnis wont stop until he is dead. That is a fact. And he knows it. That is why he drops chlorine on sunni towns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And the "doctor" was the daughter of one of the opposition leaders, still it was on Panorama and that's enough to get TruBlue salivating, it's all the proof he needs
    I forgot about her, relatives can come in handy can't they, remember Nayirah and her false testimony? it got shown just about everywhere.

Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ in tears during her testimony. It was later revealed that she was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States and that her testimony could not be verified.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I forgot about her, relatives can come in handy can't they, remember Nayirah and her false testimony? it got shown just about everywhere.

Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ in tears during her testimony. It was later revealed that she was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States and that her testimony could not be verified.
    Out of interest how do you and Gluey know she's related?

It really is childlike.

Panorama could well lie for dramatic affect.

But BBC panorama carrying out some grand propaganda war?

Laughable. In every way.

It really is childlike.

Panorama could well lie for dramatic affect.

But BBC panorama carrying out some grand propaganda war?

Laughable. In every way.
    Yes, it is quite amusing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yes, it is quite amusing
    Yes, a programme averaging 2 million viewers would try to influence a conflict on the other side of the planet by lying to british people eating their turkey twizzlers for tea.

I think the BBC would have had more traction by stopping bake off half way though (that thoroughly detestable cesspool of propaganda) and flashing straight to the war zone.

Sounds like you're another who will risk making the ultimate sacrifice in a manufactured conflict for the benefit of George and his friends. Remember not to bleat if you choose to obey the call to become human fodder.

Five minutes long. The problem for Brits is that so often the British poodle follows its American master.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

You boys are like your own parody.
    Trublue you couldn't be more mistaken. If I am accused of beating my wife how do I produce "positive, hard evidence" that I am not beating my wife? It is up to my accusers to provide the evidence. This concept is known as "The Burden of Proof". That's another "stock phrase" to add to your list. By the time you've gathered enough of these "stock phrases" you might be equipped to think for yourself. It seems that like Conan Doyle you believe in fairy tales.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Five minutes long. The problem for Brits is that so often the British poodle follows its American master.

I have no intention of watching some tinfoil mongo video but does it really claim-
    The confederates didn't shell fort sumter.
    The German foreign minister didn't try to start a war between mexico and the U.S.
    The japanese didn't bomb pearl harbour.
    North korea didn't invade the south.

Watch the video. It ties in perfectly with this statement - “World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.”

Who said the above? Some mongo? Depends on one's point of view. It was made by Denis Healey. He wasn't the bumbling boyo he tried hard to portray, but an arch-globalist and a co-founder of the Bilderberg Group.

Blog Entries

Yes, a programme averaging 2 million viewers would try to influence a conflict on the other side of the planet by lying to british people eating their turkey twizzlers for tea.

I think the BBC would have had more traction by stopping bake off half way though (that thoroughly detestable cesspool of propaganda) and flashing straight to the war zone.
    Don't confuse me with anyone else, I'm not calling you or anyone else brainwashed ect, I am explaining why I have doubts, to save me repeating myself here is my post from another Syria thread, I don't expect you to share the same doubts but surely you can understand why I have them?
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post4659033

Trublue you couldn't be more mistaken. If I am accused of beating my wife how do I produce "positive, hard evidence" that I am not beating my wife? It is up to my accusers to provide the evidence. This concept is known as "The Burden of Proof". That's another "stock phrase" to add to your list. By the time you've gathered enough of these "stock phrases" you might be equipped to think for yourself. It seems that like Conan Doyle you believe in fairy tales.

The irony of you not realising the irony of your post is comical.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

The irony of you not realising the irony of your post is comical.
    I don't think you know what irony means and I can't be bothered trying to work out what misunderstanding of the word could lead you to write that, but whatever the reason it is clear that you still don't understand the ludicrousness of your complaint.

I don't think you know what irony means and I can't be bothered trying to work out what misunderstanding of the word could lead you to write that, but whatever the reason it is clear that you still don't understand the ludicrousness of your complaint.
    Probably for the best judging by your other posts.

No need to dumb us both down.