+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have to say it though

Have to say it though

Bristol City were probably the best footballing side we've played this season at CCS. Not much of a compliment though as all the others were shite.

Couldn't match us for heart when it counted - and what a last minute miss 😂😂😂

Re: Have to say it though

Gritty football beat pretty football tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Bristol City were probably the best footballing side we've played this season at CCS. Not much of a compliment though as all the others were shite.

Couldn't match us for heart when it counted - and what a last minute miss ������
    And yet when we played the pretty football, and they chugged, the results were the same

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/8470722.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/8203060.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Couldn't match us for heart when it counted - and what a last minute miss 😂😂😂
    Just come home and watched it again on "tape"... it seemed inconclusive but the experts reckon that Bamba got a touch in fairness to the kid.

It was scripted for Warnock and his "leader". Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday. Bring it on!

They're a decent side tbf they were stifled by us tonight and it was exactly what a team who had been even struggling needed to do.

I could see them finishing top 6 but they even awfully reliant on an on loan striker, one injury to him and I'd be worried for them.

I thought they was awful in the first half and we sat back a bit to much in the second although we had done some running and you might not hear this very often as I am not his biggest fan but I thought peltier was superb tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    They're a decent side tbf they were stifled by us tonight and it was exactly what a team who had been even struggling needed to do.

I could see them finishing top 6 but they even awfully reliant on an on loan striker, one injury to him and I'd be worried for them.
    Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thought they was awful in the first half and we sat back a bit to much in the second although we had done some running and you might not hear this very often as I am not his biggest fan but I thought peltier was superb tonight
    He was superb. My only complaint from tonight (and I'm being really picky here as I'm ecstatic and will be for weeks) was of the lack of support to our players when they got wide and into space. On quite a few occasions there was absolutely nobody in the box to pass to.

I'm guessing this was simply part of our gameplan in that whilst we're all still gelling, we won't commit too many bodies forward.