+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QT tonight

QT tonight

Oh Lordy that Isabel Oakshitt has got to be the the most sneering, arrogant, hypocritical Tory media puppet to ever darken our screens. Makes me want to throw up, the objectionable scumbag.

Re: QT tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Oh Lordy that Isabel Oakshitt has got to be the the most sneering, arrogant, hypocritical Tory media puppet to ever darken our screens. Makes me want to throw up, the objectionable scumbag.
    I think they were having a reasonable debate apart from her and that labour, working class hating women. Compared to usual anyway.

Giving it the big one in opposition. "Rah rah rah". "Did you vote to make your neighbour redundant"

As if Labour would do anything differently to what we are currently seeing.

There should be cross party, private discussion. Not trying to point score over such an important issue.

But ye the Mail girl was garbage. I wouldn't go as far to call her a scumbag though.

Emily Thornberry's assertion that those who voted for Brexit didn't know that they were voting "to take their next-door neighbour's job away" was the most cringeworthy moment in QT for many a year.

I agree that the man from the Independent was quite good, the rest of the panel were terrible.

Kudos to the Afro'd gentleman who pointed out that Hillary is equally ill-suited to being US prez as Trump is. The Trump-hating by the entire panel (save the Independent's guy) worried me deeply - don't they read the news? Hillary has more faults than the Pacific Rim and is certainly the more war-hungry of the two main candidates.

Remember, this is the same BBC that has been cheer-leading for BoJo's call to protest outside the Russian embassy regarding Russia's actions in Syria. On Wednesday, a female BBC news-anchor was haranguing Stop the War's Chris Nineham about his organisation's failure to heed the Foreign Secretary's calls for protests. I believe that the the complete absence of protests speaks volumes regarding the UK public's current attitudes to Anglo-American foreign policy/warmongering.

Unfortunately, if Clinton is elected, it is likely that the war drums will be beating louder and quicker.

To all the "progressives" and social-justice warriors backing Hillary - look how many wars began when she was Secretary of State. Ukraine, Libya and Syria. If she becomes President these will likely be seen as the hors d'oeuvre to a very unsavoury main course.

Thornberry was useless. If anyone ever asks you why labour are polling so badly, show them that episode. never seen such a poor display on there.

Always a great debate about scottish independence when the only scot in the room is the fella behind the desk. was cringworthy listening to a load of 'they could never do it without us' types.

Never seen a panel member get it handed to them as much as thornberry. She won't be helping labour's polls. Does she not realise that many labour voters voted credit.

That woman seems to have nothing bust disdain for the general public. She looks like sge comes from a council estate so I have no idea how she can hate the general labour voters so much.

The person who I felt came across best (from my quick glance) was the woman in blue who suggested that Brexiter's voted for many different reasons and now they were only being offered a hard brexit. The sneering Daily Mail journalist tried to misrepresent what she said.

The one who came across worst from the audience was the young chap with the afro who was adamant that Trump was really a nice person and that discussion over how Brexit should happen was just coming from sore losers.

Indy bloke pointed out that there would be distressing times ahead, as we worked out what we wanted to be, which would hit our economy hard, Labour MP tried to take that sentiment and make a headline....which went badly wrong.