+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you sign Ched Evans?

Would you sign Ched Evans?

Seeing as he's been found not guilty, would you have any problems with Neil signing Ched Evans?

Is he good enough for the Championshp? 4 goals in 7 games for Chesterfield.

Or has this whole sordid episode made him untouchable?

Re: Would you sign Ched Evans?

If he is an innocent man (and as of now, he is) and also a good football player then there should be no reason not to.

No. Terrible role model for kids.

Legally no reason not to.
    Personal feelings, wouldn't want him anyway near the club.

Turns out he is a bit of an arse of a person. But then so was Glenn Loovens and Kiera Gilbert allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Terrible role model for kids.
    I agree.
    Most footballers are to some extent or another
    This one happens to have been a particularly poor one, and in the spotlight more.

I wouldn't be overjoyed at him coming here TBH, but if he is an innocent man, and we have to accept that he is, then there is no reason not to sign him to do a job.

I shouldn't think it likely that we would be faced with this 'moral dilemma' .

he played in the championship and was largely useless. Scored a few goals in league 1 then went to prison. Now scored a couple in his first few games but hasn't scored in a while. For his ability alone no, he's nowhere near good enough.

As for the rest he seems fairly morally bankrupt at best so not the best person to have playing for us.

Better targets our there with more quality and less hassle. Same goes for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    he played in the championship and was largely useless. Scored a few goals in league 1 then went to prison. Now scored a couple in his first few games but hasn't scored in a while. For his ability alone no, he's nowhere near good enough.

As for the rest he seems fairly morally bankrupt at best so not the best person to have playing for us.

Really? Up front Wales are really short of quailty - Church, Kanu, Vokes - none are particularly consistant goal threats. Not saying the Evans would be, just that I dont think and innocent Ched would be too far down the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Really? Up front Wales are really short of quailty - Church, Kanu, Vokes - none are particularly consistant goal threats. Not saying the Evans would be, just that I dont think and innocent Ched would be too far down the pecking order.
    He is innocent according to the law. He'll never play for Wales again though.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I remember reading a post on here by someone saying that Ched wasn't popular with the rest of the Wales squad because he was such a dickhead - this was before the whole 'rape' thing occurred.

Will be interesting to see whether Wales select him - he certainly had the talent to be our best conventional striker before it all went pear-shaped for him.

He is innocent, for God's sake. What has his character got to do with assessing whether or not he should sign for Cardiff?

He had sex with a woman. That is all.

All 3 of those have shown more quality at a higher level than Evans has so why bother. Assuming Evans doesn't play in the next game he'll be 28 by the time he can play for Wales. We have a fair few strikers playing at a similar or higher standard, why bother? He's had one good full season in his career. The guy is so average, why the hell would we bother

Also, rightly or wrongly as is alluded to in another post maybe the squad don't want him. We seem to have great squad togetherness and unity, introducing him in would be far too big a risk for far too little reward.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    He had sex with a woman. That is all.
    Oh, that's alright then.

Some feminists saying on twitter that he is a rapist and they're going to do everything in their power to get justice.....

He can easily get in the wales squad judging by his start for chesterfield. We have some really poor players in there.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Some feminists saying on twitter that he is a rapist and they're going to do everything in their power to get justice.....

He can easily get in the wales squad judging by his start for chesterfield. We have some really poor players in there.
    All law graduates, I take it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    All law graduates, I take it...
    I know. Typical, people are upset at someone who's never ever spoken to a girl he's had sex with. Feminists eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I know. Typical, people are upset at someone who's never ever spoken to a girl he's had sex with. Feminists eh.
    Being fair, "It wasn't the time for conversation".

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Being fair, "It wasn't the time for conversation".
    Boom chikka wah wah..

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Tom Bradshaw just made the last Wales squad at the last minute because of injury cover. Bradshaw's career has been one huge ascension to the Championship and hopefully the best is yet to come as he's just turned 24. There are also quite a few young 20/21 year olds who are already playing regularly at the same level Ched Evans is at.

On footballing grounds, why should Evans, at 28, get priority over other players competeing for the senior Welsh squad places?

Banned

No,he isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post

9 in 34 for a struggling Sheffield United at 21 isn't bad..
    In fairness to Evans he was actually pretty decent, much better than Church and probably would have lead the line at the Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    I remember reading a post on here by someone saying that Ched wasn't popular with the rest of the Wales squad because he was such a dickhead - this was before the whole 'rape' thing occurred.

Will be interesting to see whether Wales select him - he certainly had the talent to be our best conventional striker before it all went pear-shaped for him.
    Well if it said it on here it must be true

No he went down on that girl after his mate shagged her

Urgghhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    No he went down on that girl after his mate shagged her

Urgghhhhh
    Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth doesn't it....

Him playing for us i mean.