+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarsson

Gunnarsson

.....underused for the last 2/3 years. Exactly what the team needs. Deserved considering his international form.

Re: Gunnarsson

That is how it looks.
    Good performance.

Like a different player tonight

What did he go mental over after their goal? Looked like he wanted to kill O Neil. And yes, what an incredible change in him. He was everywhere.

Well done the iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    What did he go mental over after their goal? Looked like he wanted to kill O Neil. And yes, what an incredible change in him. He was everywhere.

Well done the iceman.

Don't tell Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don't tell Jimmy.
    To be fair he was exactly what we needed tonight - that game was made for him

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    To be fair he was exactly what we needed tonight - that game was made for him
    Don't tell Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

Well done the iceman.
    Immers was down injured and thought the wurzels should've kicked the ball out of play

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Immers was down injured and thought the wurzels should've kicked the ball out of play
    And, (NSASWA), he'll get a bollocking for pretending to get shot.

I HOPE

I HOPE
    Looked like he was winded to me. He was arching his back on the ground repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They were going to kick it out but one guy said no just play on. Thought he was going to knock him out

Gunners on was excellent , great to see him contributing . Well done Gunner , long may it continue .

One things for sure , warnock won't play him when he returns to his arm waving best....

Well.. you didn't expect me to give him ALL my love??

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    .....underused for the last 2/3 years. Exactly what the team needs. Deserved considering his international form.
    When he was used he was underwhelming ..... He was ok in the euros on the odd occasion , certainly not a world beater .

Gunnar was a revelation tonight, as was Ralls in the first half. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Beetle View Post
    Gunnar was a revelation tonight, as was Ralls in the first half. Long may it continue.
    Warnock called Ralls "Rails" in the post-match pitchside interview.

I HOPE
    I don't know about that I'm not sure what he was trying to do but landed heavily on the ground and was clearly winded I was tamping they played on because the one player was going to kick it out the ref looked over could see he was hurt and done **** all although I thought immers was shit when he came on just run round like an headless chicken not sure what's happened to him half the player he was

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't know about that I'm not sure what he was trying to do but landed heavily on the ground and was clearly winded I was tamping they played on because the one player was going to kick it out the ref looked over could see he was hurt and done **** all although I thought immers was shit when he came on just run round like an headless chicken not sure what's happened to him half the player he was
    They brought Immers on for Whitts because they needed a bit of muscle in the middle, as the game went on it was getting a bit more physical.

After Whitts went off there was less fancy football and it became a bit of a scrappy free for all but Warnock saw it coming and probably told Immers to get involved in a bit of rough and tumble, something Whitts doesn't really relish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Gunners on was excellent , great to see him contributing . Well done Gunner , long may it continue .

One things for sure , warnock won't play him when he returns to his arm waving best....

Well.. you didn't expect me to give him ALL my love??
    Good man! Great entertainment tonight - we still don't have a good enough shape to us but hopefully we can work on that. Nice just to see the passion back

It looked for all the world like Warnock had read how Gunnars had been deployed by Iceland during the Euros and he was told to play just like that!Nothing fancy just hard working? solid performance putting the odd cricial tackle in, making a nuisance of himself and making sure he took all the long throw opportunities.

Sometimes Warnock's tactics aren't the most subtle but he certainly knows the strengths of certain players and exploits them.

We all know Gunnars' limitations and there's been far too many games where he's been a passenger or a liabilty. Tonight he looked a far far different player who put in a very big shift.

His long throws are back to their best too as they were causing problems for them carrot crunchers.

Fair dos to Warnock. He has a way of doing things.👍👍👍👍👍

Best game I can remember him having for us. Ever..