Thread: Russia Today

Russia Today

Gone tomorrow?

Blog Entries

Re: Russia Today

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gone tomorrow?

I don't think they should be banned and it is interesting at times......... but we should probably compare to the fact British media would never be allowed to broadcast to the degree that RT has.

They may look to hold a different opinion to western mass media. Not exactly neutral is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37677020

This is frightening. First Splott Dave and now Russia Today.

I regard Russia Today as a far more objective source than the BBC. Perhaps some on here will begin to realise that they are not living in such a free society as they thought. Messageboards are also being closed because they are a way for people to get alternative sources of information. For example, I used to like reading the Daily Telegraph messageboard where the comments were far more interesting than anything in the Daily Telegraph articles. Everyday the so-called journalists would be torn to pieces for their pathetically ill-informed and biased attempts at journalism. The Daily Telegraph closed down comments. I don't think many bother reading the site now

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post

I regard Russia Today as a far more objective source than the BBC. Perhaps some on here will begin to realise that they are not living in such a free society as they thought. Messageboards are also being closed because they are a way for people to get alternative sources of information. For example, I used to like reading the Daily Telegraph messageboard where the comments were far more interesting than anything in the Daily Telegraph articles. Everyday the so-called journalists would be torn to pieces for their pathetically ill-informed and biased attempts at journalism. The Daily Telegraph closed down comments. I don't think many bother reading the site now
    If the closure of the daily telegraph message board is the best example of organised censorship that you could think of then I think we are doing okay.

Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Based on what?
    Probably the reverse of how you came to the conclusion that the BBC is a far more objective source than Russia Today
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 17-10-16 at 17:07.

We all have an idea about what is true and Russia Today's news seems to align more with my understanding of the world than the news on the BBC. The BBC news just seems like lying propaganda. For example, they are saying that we have just taken in a load of "children" from Syria. I can see, anyone can see, that they are not children. They are fully grown men in their 20s at least. When you get to my age you just get fed up with this constant lying and posturing. Have you noticed that it is usually the older posters on here who no longer accept the stories from the BBC? We've just had enough of the lies. Russia Today is like a breath of fresh air.

You will find a much wider coverage of events on Russia Today. In the UK it is almost as if someone is telling the media what the stories will be. You find the same stories in all the papers even when it is obvious that there must be more interesting events to report. Why is there so much uniformity?

The range of commentators is much wider on Russia Today. On the BBC you usually just get the views of Party spokespeople and BBC employees. On Russia Today you hear the views of people from all over the world.

The commentators on Russia Today are usually more intelligent than the hacks or failed politicians you find on the BBC. They are often distinguished academics arguing in their second or third language.
    Last edited by David Vincent; 17-10-16 at 19:44.

We all have an idea about what is true and Russia Today's news seems to align more with my understanding of the world than the news on the BBC. The BBC news just seems like lying propaganda. For example, they are saying that we have just taken in a load of "children" from Syria. I can see, anyone can see, that they are not children. They are fully grown men in their 20s at least. When you get to my age you just get fed up with this constant lying and posturing. Have you noticed that it is usually the older posters on here who no longer accept the stories from the BBC? We've just had enough of the lies. Russia Today is like a breath of fresh air.

You will find a much wider coverage of events on Russia Today. In the UK it is almost as if someone is telling the media what the stories will be. You find the same stories in all the papers even when it is obvious that must more interesting events to report. Why is there so much uniformity?

The range of commentators is much wider on Russia Today. On the BBC you usually just get the views of Party spokespeople and BBC employees. On Russia Today you hear the views of people from all over the world.

The commentators on Russia Today are usually more intelligent than the hacks or failed politicians you find on the BBC. They are often distinguished academics arguing in their second or third language.
    Wow. That is exactly what the Russian Government intended when they decided to increase its funding, launch the UK channel, turn it into a very slick western looking operation and plaster us in posters advertising it as the rational second opinion that our media needs (the very fact that we allow it to exist here shows extreme levels of tolerance).

Russia today does a very good job of critiquing the apparent failings of the rest of the world but scarcely covers internal Russian issues/politics to the depth that a balanced network would.

I am inclined not to trust our government with the power they currently hold over the BBC, with its very existence in the balance. But for similar reasons I certainly won't place my trust in a channel that is 100% funded by the Government of Russia and entirely at the whim of Putin and his cronies.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 17-10-16 at 20:02.

Russia Today offers an alternative perspective to all the Western corporate media. Syrian rebels become terrorists and Assad heads a government rather than a regime. They also show dead and injured in western Aleppo, while the corporate media concentrate exclusively on the eastern part of the city. It looks like NatWest (RBS) and the government, which has lumbered us with its debt, want to deny people that alternative, as they did with Press TV. I watch the channel primarily for the Keiser Report. Its hosts are never shy to accuse a long list of elite bankers (such as Blankfein and Dimon) by name as financial criminals, and they never get sued which suggests the accusations have merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Russia Today offers an alternative perspective to all the Western corporate media. Syrian rebels become terrorists and Assad heads a government rather than a regime. They also show dead and injured in western Aleppo, while the corporate media concentrate exclusively on the eastern part of the city. It looks like NatWest (RBS) and the government, which has lumbered us with its debt, want to deny people that alternative, as they did with Press TV. I watch the channel primarily for the Keiser Report. Its hosts are never shy to accuse a long list of elite bankers (such as Blankfein and Dimon) by name as financial criminals, and they never get sued which suggests the accusations have merit.
    The Keiser Report is very entertaining. Most of his guest have something interesting to say. I think Liam Halligan is usually worth listening to.

You will find a much wider coverage of events on Russia Today. In the UK it is almost as if someone is telling the media what the stories will be. You find the same stories in all the papers even when it is obvious that there must be more interesting events to report. Why is there so much uniformity?

That's painful reading. Most of the older posters on here wouldn't give the time of day to Russia Today, a small group will, but that same small group will believe anything as long as it's against the West.

You've been hoodwinked by a propaganda machine of the Russian government, which is not surprising as that is what propaganda is meant to do, but the fact you think you intelligence puts you above that makes your post funny.

If they are "honest" as you make out, why don't you find stories on RT that are critical of the Russian government and Putin and I'll match them on the BBC for the British Government.

As for your later post about Max Keiser, it shows how naive you are, even Organ and Gluey have stopped bigging him up after he continually made them look silly, you must be a bit late to the show.

Try the Wall Street Journal for excellent informed comments on articles. This one is a corker - http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sini...ash-1472137692

The author, a Jew World Order fanatic, gets butchered by 1,200 respondents.

That's painful reading. Most of the older posters on here wouldn't give the time of day to Russia Today, a small group will, but that same small group will believe anything as long as it's against the West.

You've been hoodwinked by a propaganda machine of the Russian government, which is not surprising as that is what propaganda is meant to do, but the fact you think you intelligence puts you above that makes your post funny.

If they are "honest" as you make out, why don't you find stories on RT that are critical of the Russian government and Putin and I'll match them on the BBC for the British Government.

As for your later post about Max Keiser, it shows how naive you are, even Organ and Gluey have stopped bigging him up after he continually made them look silly, you must be a bit late to the show.
    Here's some more pain for you Trueblue. Don't forget “No pain, no gain”. A little more instruction and we'll soon have your mental calibre up from poor to mediocre. But don't get too excited you've got a long way to go before you will be able to post anything that will impress us.

Why do you assume we are "against the West" ? Do you see what you have done? You have confused the interests of the people pushing the anti-Putin propaganda with the interests of the West. The UK propaganda machine is now controlled by those who have no interest in Western traditions or nations. They want open borders and dog eat dog economic competitiveness.

If you look at the political stance of many of the people rejecting the anti-Putin pro-war rhetoric you will find that they would usually class themselves as the kinds of people who call themselves patriotic and who believe in nation states and Western cultural traditions. How can you say these people are “against the West” ?

Banned

Gone tomorrow?

Nope it's still there.

Here's some more pain for you Trueblue. Don't forget “No pain, no gain”. A little more instruction and we'll soon have your mental calibre up from poor to mediocre. But don't get too excited you've got a long way to go before you will be able to post anything that will impress us.

Why do you assume we are "against the West" ? Do you see what you have done? You have confused the interests of the people pushing the anti-Putin propaganda with the interests of the West. The UK propaganda machine is now controlled by those who have no interest in Western traditions or nations. They want open borders and dog eat dog economic competitiveness.

If you look at the political stance of many of the people rejecting the anti-Putin pro-war rhetoric you will find that they would usually class themselves as the kinds of people who call themselves patriotic and who believe in nation states and Western cultural traditions. How can you say these people are “against the West” ?
    You didn't fancy the challenge of finding articles critical of the Russian government on RT then?

TruBlue is a supporter of neocon ideology, everything he says fits into that profile. So when he refers to the West, what he really means is the neocon vision of the world.

I concur. I'd be unsurprised to learn that his Christian name is Benjamin whose nose is so large that it would arouse the suspicions of Splott Dai.

TruBlue is a supporter of neocon ideology, everything he says fits into that profile. So when he refers to the West, what he really means is the neocon vision of the world.
    I've noticed this line of attack a few times off you now over he last few days.

Forget my politics, I just enjoy watching the hypocrisy of people who think they are really intelligent.

A few simple links to RT showing their own government in a bad light will shut me up. After all Drunken Vincent did say

You will find a much wider coverage of events on Russia Today.

Forget my politics, I just enjoy watching the hypocrisy of people who think they are really intelligent.

A few simple links to RT showing their own government in a bad light will shut me up. After all Drunken Vincent did say
    It's not an attack, merely an observation

Perhaps the following will suffice, but I think more than this will be needed to fill in the gaps in your knowledge:

(Abby) Martin began hosting her own show, Breaking the Set, on RT America in September 2012 from Washington, D.C.[30] The show mixes media criticism with investigative journalism...

Martin drew widespread media attention when she closed her show on March 3, 2014, with a minute-long statement condemning the Russian military intervention in Ukraine.[35][36] She appeared to be reading from a teleprompter, leading observers to conclude that her remarks were made with the consent of the show's producers.[37][38] Glenn Greenwald wrote a piece that compared Martin's statement favorably to the behavior of the United States media during the 2003 invasion of Iraq.[39] RT also issued a statement saying: "Contrary to the popular opinion, RT doesn't beat its journalists into submission, and they are free to express their own opinions, not just in private but on the air."[40] RT added: "[W]e'll be sending her to Crimea to give her an opportunity to make up her own mind from the epicentre of the story." Martin declined the offer, saying "I am not going to Crimea despite the statement RT has made."[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Martin

hehehe:

A British bank has denied reports it closed the UK accounts of RT, Russian state TV's international channel.

NatWest said a letter had been sent to one of RT's suppliers, not RT itself, and no accounts had been frozen.

On Monday, RT's editor-in-chief, Margarita Simonyan tweeted that "all" the channel's accounts in Britain had been closed.

They got what they wanted out of lying I suppose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37697474

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    hehehe:

A British bank has denied reports it closed the UK accounts of RT, Russian state TV's international channel.

NatWest said a letter had been sent to one of RT's suppliers, not RT itself, and no accounts had been frozen.

On Monday, RT's editor-in-chief, Margarita Simonyan tweeted that "all" the channel's accounts in Britain had been closed.

They got what they wanted out of lying I suppose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37697474
    What a bunch of rotters It's probably cos English is a foreign language to her, unless NatWest sent the letter in Russian
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 18-10-16 at 20:41.

Perhaps the following will suffice, but I think more than this will be needed to fill in the gaps in your knowledge:

(Abby) Martin began hosting her own show, Breaking the Set, on RT America in September 2012 from Washington, D.C.[30] The show mixes media criticism with investigative journalism...

Martin drew widespread media attention when she closed her show on March 3, 2014, with a minute-long statement condemning the Russian military intervention in Ukraine.[35][36] She appeared to be reading from a teleprompter, leading observers to conclude that her remarks were made with the consent of the show's producers.[37][38] Glenn Greenwald wrote a piece that compared Martin's statement favorably to the behavior of the United States media during the 2003 invasion of Iraq.[39] RT also issued a statement saying: "Contrary to the popular opinion, RT doesn't beat its journalists into submission, and they are free to express their own opinions, not just in private but on the air."[40] RT added: "[W]e'll be sending her to Crimea to give her an opportunity to make up her own mind from the epicentre of the story." Martin declined the offer, saying "I am not going to Crimea despite the statement RT has made."[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Martin
    Bloody hell mate, I knew you were Fresh to this but didn't realise how fresh you were.

Wikipedia isn't to be trusted, haven't you heard. If you think that's nonsense take it up with your Ruskie loving mate Organ, it was his opinion.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/1650...ue-as-it-seems