Blog Entries

Re: Russia Today

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gone tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37677020

This is frightening. First Splott Dave and now Russia Today.

I regard Russia Today as a far more objective source than the BBC. Perhaps some on here will begin to realise that they are not living in such a free society as they thought. Messageboards are also being closed because they are a way for people to get alternative sources of information. For example, I used to like reading the Daily Telegraph messageboard where the comments were far more interesting than anything in the Daily Telegraph articles. Everyday the so-called journalists would be torn to pieces for their pathetically ill-informed and biased attempts at journalism. The Daily Telegraph closed down comments. I don't think many bother reading the site now

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post

I regard Russia Today as a far more objective source than the BBC. Perhaps some on here will begin to realise that they are not living in such a free society as they thought. Messageboards are also being closed because they are a way for people to get alternative sources of information. For example, I used to like reading the Daily Telegraph messageboard where the comments were far more interesting than anything in the Daily Telegraph articles. Everyday the so-called journalists would be torn to pieces for their pathetically ill-informed and biased attempts at journalism. The Daily Telegraph closed down comments. I don't think many bother reading the site now
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Based on what?
    Probably the reverse of how you came to the conclusion that the BBC is a far more objective source than Russia Today
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 17-10-16 at 17:07.

Try the Wall Street Journal for excellent informed comments on articles. This one is a corker - http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sini...ash-1472137692

The author, a Jew World Order fanatic, gets butchered by 1,200 respondents.

I don't think they should be banned and it is interesting at times......... but we should probably compare to the fact British media would never be allowed to broadcast to the degree that RT has.

They may look to hold a different opinion to western mass media. Not exactly neutral is it.

If the closure of the daily telegraph message board is the best example of organised censorship that you could think of then I think we are doing okay.

Banned

Gone tomorrow?

Nope it's still there.

hehehe:

A British bank has denied reports it closed the UK accounts of RT, Russian state TV's international channel.

NatWest said a letter had been sent to one of RT's suppliers, not RT itself, and no accounts had been frozen.

On Monday, RT's editor-in-chief, Margarita Simonyan tweeted that "all" the channel's accounts in Britain had been closed.

They got what they wanted out of lying I suppose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37697474

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    hehehe:

A British bank has denied reports it closed the UK accounts of RT, Russian state TV's international channel.

NatWest said a letter had been sent to one of RT's suppliers, not RT itself, and no accounts had been frozen.

On Monday, RT's editor-in-chief, Margarita Simonyan tweeted that "all" the channel's accounts in Britain had been closed.

They got what they wanted out of lying I suppose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37697474
    What a bunch of rotters It's probably cos English is a foreign language to her, unless NatWest sent the letter in Russian
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 18-10-16 at 20:41.

TruBlue, here is a fella who seems to be getting all of his information from Russia Today, some of the things he is saying about the western media and the established political process is truly shocking!

Surely it can't be true that we are all getting stitched up by this so called neocon agenda that you wholeheartedly support and follow, they are the good guys right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMUZ7xvQfc

TruBlue, here is a fella who seems to be getting all of his information from Russia Today, some of the things he is saying about the western media and the established political process is truly shocking!

Surely it can't be true that we are all getting stitched up by this so called neocon agenda that you wholeheartedly support and follow, they are the good guys right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMUZ7xvQfc
    But who is doing trhe stitching up to a bigger scale? BBC or Russian state media? Lets just assume both are to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    But who is doing trhe stitching up to a bigger scale? BBC or Russian state media? Lets just assume both are to some degree.
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other

Blog Entries

Six of one, half a dozen of the other
    Out of interest, do you ever watch or read anything that I have sent to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Out of interest, do you ever watch or read anything that I have sent to you?
    I pretend that I do

Good article in the Spectator magazine (which is a right-wing publication) by Rod Liddle on all the anti-Russia nonsense: http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/s...gainst-russia/

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Good article in the Spectator magazine (which is a right-wing publication) by Rod Liddle on all the anti-Russia nonsense: http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/s...gainst-russia/
    A good article by The Man in Black. He jumped ahead of me in a supermarket queue in Warminster about 10 or 15 years ago. He was very apologetic and said he was in a hurry. He probably had a Spectator article to write.

Think they just accidentally took a wrong turn whilst having a day out of the boat yesterday as well. They just can't catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Think they just accidentally took a wrong turn whilst having a day out of the boat yesterday as well. They just can't catch a break.
    Have you been loitering around Roath Park lake again?