+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andreas Cornelius

Andreas Cornelius

About to start for FC Copenhagen at Leicester City in the Champions League.

Live on BT Sports

Re: Andreas Cornelius

Look out Wes Morgan 10 million striker alert, 45k per week

Decent mobility and hold-up play.

Looking every inch a £10m striker at this level

Should have scored

Just denied in the 90th min by a stunning Kasper Schmeical save

FT Leicester 1 - 0 Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I note tonight, it's now back to Copenhaygen, a few years a go it was fashionable for all the commos to call them
    Copenhargen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    More importantly, Taunton Town have just completed another giant-killing in the FA Cup this season by beating yet another team in a higher division (and away too) - and they are through to the first round of the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    More importantly, Taunton Town have just completed another giant-killing in the FA Cup this season by beating yet another team in a higher division (and away too) - and they are through to the first round of the FA Cup.
    Would love City to play them in the 3rd round if they make it, not far at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Would love City to play them in the 3rd round if they make it, not far at all.
    Do you remember when City drew Tiverton away and the tie was switched to Ninian Park as it was more lucrative for them?
    A mate of mine was a Tivvy fan and I decided to get on their supporters coach for the game - as I thought there would be a bit of a craic. However, it was very civilised indeed and it was a bit of a tartan shawl and flask of coffee affair. Not at all inconsistent with my gesture of putting a Bluebird toffee on every seat beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you remember when City drew Tiverton away and the tie was switched to Ninian Park as it was more lucrative for them?
    A mate of mine was a Tivvy fan and I decided to get on their supporters coach for the game - as I thought there would be a bit of a craic. However, it was very civilised indeed and it was a bit of a tartan shawl and flask of coffee affair. Not at all inconsistent with my gesture of putting a Bluebird toffee on every seat beforehand.
    Were you hoping they would all sit upon them and subsequently appear to have shat themselves? Hope so, you jolly japer!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I note tonight, it's now back to Copenhaygen, a few years a go it was fashionable for all the commos to call them
    Copenhargen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMbbg0k4Xeo

Rickie Lambert has played more than Cornelius did already.

Yet Lambert was cheap so won't get abuse.

He has done very little to suggest he is even fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Rickie Lambert has played more than Cornelius did already.

Yet Lambert was cheap so won't get abuse.

He has done very little to suggest he is even fit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Yv7Asd3mI

I'll take an unfit player (your words, NOT MINE) scoring 2 every day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Yv7Asd3mI

I'll take an unfit player (your words, NOT MINE) scoring 2 every day of the week
    I completely forgot he scored two actually

I liked Cornelius, he was hugely overpaid for but I think we would have seen good things from him had he had more time at the club. He looked good last night but then it's balls in the net that count and he didn't get them, but certainly didn't look lost or hopeless - sharp in the right places and powerful - a headache for opposition sides to look after.

I'd have a little wager he'll score when Leicester visit Copenhagen, based on his near-miss header and a well-taken shot last night

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    I liked Cornelius, he was hugely overpaid for but I think we would have seen good things from him had he had more time at the club. He looked good last night but then it's balls in the net that count and he didn't get them, but certainly didn't look lost or hopeless - sharp in the right places and powerful - a headache for opposition sides to look after.
    I thought that he looked useful too. Nothing like the Corny that we saw, all too briefly!

Good luck to him.

Banned

I said at the time we should have kept him. He'd be scoring 20 a season in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I said at the time we should have kept him. He'd be scoring 20 a season in the championship
    Really

i) Fans, owner and reportedly fellow players didn't like what they saw
    ii) We didn't see nearly enough to make a proper judgement
    iii) He was treated shamefully badly, in part because people believed he was overpaid. It now seems fairly normal when put up against the wages Villa are paying for strikers in the championship.

See you next Cornelius post