+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock Unbeaten in 2

Warnock Unbeaten in 2

Best manager we have had for some time.
    Wednesday are near the top but I am bitterly disappointed not to have won tonight.
    Why so little possession?

Three points live on Sky on Saturday will make up for tonights dropped points.
    We are chasing Newcastle now.

Re: Warnock Unbeaten in 2

Four points from next two games will mean Warnock got 8 points in 4 games where Trollope got 8 points in 11 games.

No reason we can't draw at Forest and beat Wigan.

It's not great football just now but we are not getting beat all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Four points from next two games will mean Warnock got 8 points in 4 games where Trollope got 8 points in 11 games.

No reason we can't draw at Forest and beat Wigan.

It's not great football just now but we are not getting beat all over the place.
    I think if Pilkington comes in for Noone; Chamakh for Lambert and Richardson for Ralls then we'll have a good, solid team on the pitch. I thought Chamakh played really well when he came on and offered much more of a mobile threat than Lambert - if he keeps that up he'll be a hell of a player for us when playing alongside Pilks and Junior.

I admit to being really disappointed and a bit pissed off about the lack of composure shown in moving the ball out of defence by Noone, Ralls and Morrison today - it just kept the pressure piled on to us when we should have been making them chase the ball a bit more as they'd played on Sunday.

Still a great result as Weds are a good team and we can only improve as the players get to know each other better.

Much more optimistic now about surviving this season than I was 3 games ago!

Looking forward to seeing the team continue to improve over the next month or so

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think if Pilkington comes in for Noone; Chamakh for Lambert and Richardson for Ralls then we'll have a good, solid team on the pitch. I thought Chamakh played really well when he came on and offered much more of a mobile threat than Lambert - if he keeps that up he'll be a hell of a player for us when playing alongside Pilks and Junior.

I admit to being really disappointed and a bit pissed off about the lack of composure shown in moving the ball out of defence by Noone, Ralls and Morrison today - it just kept the pressure piled on to us when we should have been making them chase the ball a bit more as they'd played on Sunday.

Still a great result as Weds are a good team and we can only improve as the players get to know each other better.

Looking forward to seeing the team continue to improve over the next month or so
    I thought he was awful. Yes he had more movement , a boulder has slightly more movement than Lambert. Chamakh had the touch of a beast. Give him the benefit of the doubt, he may not be fit. I dont think him or Lambert is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I thought he was awful. Yes he had more movement , a boulder has slightly more movement than Lambert. Chamakh had the touch of a beast. Give him the benefit of the doubt, he may not be fit. I don't think him or Lambert is the answer.
    I think they are both getting a bit of the rough end of the stick with not much hope. Poor balls lumped up to them and almost no one to pass it too. I appreciate we have to be tighter at the back at the moment but there isn't much hope for either Lambert of Chamakh up front on their own. Additionally we rarely get any balls into the box for either of them to show us the other side of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Chamakh was no better than Fred and his mate when he came on and nowhere near as good as Lambert, his first touch was appalling

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Chamakh was no better than Fred and his mate when he came on and nowhere near as good as Lambert, his first touch was appalling
    Warnock would probably like to give him a chamakh in the mouth but he knows better than to go around puncheon players unless he wants his career to go down the hoilett.

Tickled me

I thought Lambert had a better touch and puts a lot of effort into his game . The startling difference for me Chamakh and Lambert both have had very few first team appearances over the past year , however Lambert obviously is serious and his fitness ,hence his 70 minutes contribution was far better than Chamakh cameo appearance, and unless we get some decent service into Lambert he is going to struggle .

Only a rumour, BUT I heard MacDonald's are sponsoring Chammies shirt, FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Only a rumour, BUT I heard MacDonald's are sponsoring Chammies shirt, FACT.

Looks like I'm firmly in the minority here re Chamakh then. However, I still think he showed the ability to control and get beyond his man that I haven't seen from a City forward for a while now. I know his touch let him down occasionally but it was his first game for a while and I guess I was expecting that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do when match fit

Banned

The quicker Chamakh is fully fit the quicker Porky Lambert will be warming the bench. Colin realises Ricky seen better days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The quicker Chamakh is fully fit the quicker Porky Lambert will be warming the bench. Colin realises Ricky seen better days.