+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back in the bottom three, but Cardiff maintain improvement under Warnock.

Back in the bottom three, but Cardiff maintain improvement under Warnock.

Re: Back in the bottom three, but Cardiff maintain improvement under Warnock.

"at the end of it all, we are back where we found ourselves when Paul Trollope was sacked."

Not entirely so, being positive, two games ago we were 12 points behind the 6th-placed team; now it's 9 points. Not bad after two games against top-six sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "at the end of it all, we are back where we found ourselves when Paul Trollope was sacked."

Not entirely so, being positive, two games ago we were 12 points behind the 6th-placed team; now it's 9 points. Not bad after two games against top-six sides.
    My point is that our position in the table is the same. Using extreme examples, I'd say it'd be possible for us to end the season something like twelve points behind the sixth placed team and still be relegated. What I was trying to say was that a few of the sides around us are in decent form and I don't think getting clear of relegation danger will be as straightforward as some think it will be.

Thought the legs went on a few City players in the last 20 and City did well to get the draw, as others have pointed put a P.T. team may have lost this one and the Brizzie game.

Still think Lambert is a very isolated figure up front, and we are running him into the ground which is not great for a 34 year old.

Hoilett looks a good buy and does give some threat from wide , was well marked by Wednesday .

Thought Chamakh looked way of the pace.

Sol Bamba is showing what a real defender should look like , please note captain Morrison ,you have a lot to learn ,wonder what Manga and Bamba would look like as a combination,more movement ??

Amos is becoming a safe pair of hands and a good distributor of the ball .

Thought Gunnerson gave his all , not great in front of goal though Lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Our current haul of 12 points from 13 games if continued over the rest of the season would mean finishing on 42 points, and quite possibly going down.

Prior to Warnock we had 8 points from 11 games which is 33 points over a whole season - definitely relegation.

If we continue picking up points at 2 per game, which is basically automatic promotion form for the rest of the season we would end up on 79 points and should make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Our current haul of 12 points from 13 games if continued over the rest of the season would mean finishing on 42 points, and quite possibly going down.

Prior to Warnock we had 8 points from 11 games which is 33 points over a whole season - definitely relegation.

If we continue picking up points at 2 per game, which is basically automatic promotion form for the rest of the season we would end up on 79 points and should make the playoffs.
    Quite possibly? We'd be doomed with 42 points.

If we were with Trollope during that game we would have lost by 5.

Wednesday are a good team, I like them.

Miles better than us in footballing ability mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If we were with Trollope during that game we would have lost by 5.

Wednesday are a good team, I like them.

Miles better than us in footballing ability mind.
    And fitness wise big time!

Yes you're right but Warnock has made a decent start with a squad low on confidence and not playing that well, I think the fixtures before Christmas will be crucial we have a number of clubs round about us, he seems to have got us already a bit more solid and with a bit more fight.

He likes the Championship and has a lot of experience in it, lets hope he can do a Rotherham from last season, his subs seem to be more logical than Trollope.

At least he has already put a few smiles on fans faces.