+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GUNNARSSON!

GUNNARSSON!

Re: GUNNARSSON!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Should have been a Lambert tap in

Christ that looks worse every time I see it. That's similar to the view I had from my seat - at first I thought it had come off the defender for a corner

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Warm he's a bit outnumbered in the box there. Would habe been a hell of a ball to pick him out

I was sat at the corner of the Ninian and Canton stands, so didn't get to see how truly awful the shot was - I would say in Gunnarsson's defence mind that when he tried what I presume was a shot, there were three other City players in the picture, but two of them were behind him and stood outside the penalty area. City had Lambert as a possible target in the penalty area and there were seven outfield Sheffield players in picture. If one incident encapsulates why we are so short of goals this season, that's it - it's no wonder Gunnar tried a hit and hope shot.

Gunnarson, a player that could be so effective if he knew his limitations. Press, hound and win the ball back... then keep it simple and give it to a Whitts type player who can play.

Every side needs one, but many of these 'destroyers' try to become players that simply their ability won't let them be.

I was in stitches watching that.

Picked up the ball then start powering as if he was Ronaldo in his prime

Shocking attempt but I don't blame him for going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Gunnarson, a player that could be so effective if he knew his limitations. Press, hound and win the ball back... then keep it simple and give it to a Whitts type player who can play.

Every side needs one, but many of these 'destroyers' try to become players that simply their ability won't let them be.
    I agree re his limitations but he's not even a 'good' destroyer. Poor passing, goes to ground too easily when he tackles, gets bundled off the ball by opponents.
    As for that 'shot'.. embarrassing.

Jimmy the Jock would've buried that

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I agree re his limitations but he's not even a 'good' destroyer. Poor passing, goes to ground too easily when he tackles, gets bundled off the ball by opponents.
    As for that 'shot'.. embarrassing.
    In fairness I agree with you, never really been a fan. Sometimes looks like he's incapable of passing the ball 10 yards to a man's feet.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Jimmy the Jock would've buried that
    The legend that never was.....

Had an excellent view of it , caused great mirth .

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    yep,head strong cant fault his effort though , again played well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Shocking attempt but I don't blame him for going for it.
    I would have been more annoyed if he hadn't have gone for it. If it was Trollope within 6 seconds it would have been passed back to the keeper