I don't think the Assads are the monsters our media are telling us they are. I have based this judgement on their appearance and answers in TV interviews. On top of this I know the people accusing them are proven liars. They are the same people who warned us about the imaginary "weapons of mass destruction".

If you ask most people to come up with a phrase they associate with Saddam Hussein they would say "weapons of mass destruction". I explained in an another thread how that phrase was first coined in modern times by Menachem Begin to justify an illegal bombing of Iran. It was then used to justify the Iraq war . By the time most people realised they had been conned the damage was done. The propaganda had worked and Iraq was destroyed. But our leaders knew that "weapons of mass destruction" wouldn't work any more - it had become a joke – so they needed a new phrase or tag.

If you ask most people in the West about the phrase they associate with Assad they would say "used chemical weapons against his own people". That exact phrase is the new "weapons of mass destruction". There is no reliable evidence that he "used chemical weapons against his own people" but that doesn't matter. The propaganda has worked.

The first use of that phrase "used chemical weapons against his own people" I can find is in 1990 by a New York Times journalist called Rosenthal who used it to attack the American administration for having been too soft with Iraq. There is also a suggestion by Rosenthal that Hussein might have been developing nuclear bombs. The exact phrase is used again in a 2001 New York Times article entitled "The US must strike at Saddam Hussein" by Richard Perle a very well known Neocon and Zionist. Blair used the exact phrase together with his old favourite "weapons of mass destruction" in a 2002 speech.

The very first use of the phrase I could find in relation to Assad was by President Obama in 2012. You would think some journalist or commentator would have used it by then, but no, it was the President himself. What that tells you is that the phrase has been carefully chosen and used in a propaganda war.

Those of you who condemn me for judging a person by what I can see and hear with my own eyes and ears should ask themselves if they are judging someone by just mindlessly bleating a propaganda phrase created by that person's enemy.