+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They don't look evil to me

They don't look evil to me

Scott Adams has another very interesting blog entry. The theme is "The emperor's new clothes". Adams claims that if one person can't see what everyone else can see then the thing they are seeing is probably not there. Of course, there are obvious excepts to this so he can't mean it as a 100% rule, but I think it is an interesting idea. The way Adams explained it the thing that everyone else can see must be an "unlikely additional thing". He says the claim that Trump is another Hitler is false because it is an unlikely additional thing and at least one person – himself - can't see it.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1520245...dential-debate

When I was watching the following interview with Mrs Assad I found it very hard to believe that such an attractive and intelligent sounding woman would have anything to do with an evil cruel tyrant if her husband was such a person. I know all about things like the "halo effect" but I have also come across many evil people in my life and not one of them was able to disguise his or her basic rottenness for long. I think most older streetwise people can detect criminality and evil in a person's demeanour. We are being told by Western propaganda that Mr and Mrs Assad are evil but I can't see it. For example, Assad has put himself through many years of hard medical training when as the son of a dictator he could have just led the life of Riley like the sons of so many other dictators. He seems very calm, modest and intelligent in his interviews. He seems the total opposite of the people who are trying to take over his country. To me it is obvious that we are being lied to by our government and its media about Assad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVT3ysM-5iM

Re: They don't look evil to me

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Scott Adams has another very interesting blog entry. The theme is "The emperor's new clothes". Adams claims that if one person can't see what everyone else can see then the thing they are seeing is probably not there. Of course, there are obvious excepts to this so he can't mean it as a 100% rule, but I think it is an interesting idea. The way Adams explained it the thing that everyone else can see must be an "unlikely additional thing". He says the claim that Trump is another Hitler is false because it is an unlikely additional thing and at least one person – himself - can't see it.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1520245...dential-debate

When I was watching the following interview with Mrs Assad I found it very hard to believe that such an attractive and intelligent sounding woman would have anything to do with an evil cruel tyrant if her husband was such a person. I know all about things like the "halo effect" but I have also come across many evil people in my life and not one of them was able to disguise his or her basic rottenness for long. I think most older streetwise people can detect criminality and evil in a person's demeanour. We are being told by Western propaganda that Mr and Mrs Assad are evil but I can't see it. For example, Assad has put himself through many years of hard medical training when as the son of a dictator he could have just led the life of Riley like the sons of so many other dictators. He seems very calm, modest and intelligent in his interviews. He seems the total opposite of the people who are trying to take over his country. To me it is obvious that we are being lied to by our government and its media about Assad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVT3ysM-5iM
    Eva Braun was a lovely person by all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Eva Braun was a lovely person by all accounts
    You never met Eva Braun. You're going on what someone wrote or said. Using your own experience and what you can see with your own eyes do they look and sound evil?

Interview hitler I imagine you'd be drawn to his charm.

Interview blair, lovely fella.

etc, etc, etc.

The fake figures we portray ourselves as in social environments are not good indications of a persons character.

Ted Bundy comes across as the perfect next door neighbour in interviews.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 20-10-16 at 12:40.

You never met Eva Braun. You're going on what someone wrote or said. Using your own experience and what you can see with your own eyes do they look and sound evil?
    Have you met Asma al-Assad then?

this tribute reminds me of the trial iudge Jeffrey archer faced years ago who described his wife as 'fragrant'
    I've no idea about Mrs Assad and what she's like.
    Again as I said I'm not eulogising our own beloved leaders in the west but I'm pretty sure Mr Assad has done some pretty shitty things along with the likes of Vlad putin, Blair, bush etc etc
    No sides taken here by the nature of their rise to the top I'm pretty sure they are all ruthelsss *****.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Have you met Asma al-Assad then?
    Good point, but you know I meant have you heard or seen Eva Braun in an filmed interview.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    this tribute reminds me of the trial iudge Jeffrey archer faced years ago who described his wife as 'fragrant'
    Again as I said I'm not eulogising our own beloved leaders in the west but I'm pretty sure Mr Assad has done some pretty shitty things along with the likes of Vlad putin, Blair, bush etc etc
    No sides taken here by the nature of their rise to the top I'm pretty sure they are all ruthelsss *****.
    I think people should maybe accept that that is the case.

There are no winners.

Not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Interview hitler I imagine you'd be drawn to his charm.

Interview blair, lovely fella.

etc, etc, etc.

The fake figures we portray ourselves as in social environments are not good indications of a persons character.

Ted Bundy comes across as the perfect next door neighbour in interviews.
    Blair never came across as honest. He got in because the opposition were also dodgy. I don't know about Bundy. Would he have conned an older person with street experience ? I don't know. Young college girls are probably very trusting.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    That's a good analogy. The first judge was taken in by the 'fragrant' wife but Archer himself looked and sounded as dodgy as you can get. The second judge was not taken in. Both Mr and Mrs Assad look and sound like decent people to me.

Blair never came across as honest. He got in because the opposition were also dodgy. I don't know about Bundy. Would he have conned an older person with street experience ? I don't know. Young college girls are probably very trusting.
    If someone watched a few interviews of blair then concluded on who he is, I imagine many would think positively.

You know his character over a period of time, like your comment on the reason why he came to power. You are basing your opinion on assad on interviews on youtube etc?.

Barely anyone speaks to comes across as a scumbag.

Actions are more important than words.

If someone watched a few interviews of blair then concluded on who he is, I imagine many would think positively.

You know his character over a period of time, like your comment on the reason why he came to power. You are basing your opinion on assad on interviews on youtube etc?.

Barely anyone speaks to comes across as a scumbag.

Actions are more important than words.
    The first time I saw Blair I knew he was a sly smarmy git. He wasn't to be trusted. The first time I saw William Hague as a teenager giving the speech at the Conservative conference I knew he was a wrong 'un. It was just the look and sound of him. Brown never looked trustworthy, but that could have been because of the eye. If you want to see a politician who looks and sounds honest look at Frank Field. He has none of the false smiles or faux accents and other "tells" you get with con men like Blair.

The first time I saw Blair I knew he was a sly smarmy git. He wasn't to be trusted. The first time I saw William Hague as a teenager giving the speech at the Conservative conference I knew he was a wrong 'un. It was just the look and sound of him. Brown never looked trustworthy, but that could have been because of the eye. If you want to see a politician who looks and sounds honest look at Frank Field. He has none of the false smiles or faux accents and other "tells" you get with con men like Blair.
    I met Alan Johnson once. He seemed a good bloke, big fan of The Who, and Quadrophenia was his favourite album which I thought was pretty cool tbh.

I hope for your case mate you never ever come across a genuine conman. People like you must be a dream come true for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I hope for your case mate you never ever come across a genuine conman. People like you must be a dream come true for them.
    That's what they call an oxymoron. I've met more than my fair share of them. I've yet to be taken in by anyone and that's why I'm careful about what I read or see in the media about Syria or anything else.

That's what they call an oxymoron. I've met more than my fair share of them. I've yet to be taken in by anyone and that's why I'm careful about what I read or see in the media about Syria or anything else.
    You've been taken in by Asaad.

Read CardiffIrish post above about them having to have done some pretty bad things to be where they are today. That's the most common sense post in this thread, yours is just puppy dog stuff.

What a strange thread.

Smart stuff though because as we have seen time and time again. When Assad is proven to have done something terrible again, David Vincent can just claim it is a stitch up by the west and continue his wonderful life with the fairies.

Well that is good enough for me. I feel blessed that we have such a flawless judge of character on this board, are the Assad's available to babysit tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well that is good enough for me. I feel blessed that we have such a flawless judge of character on this board, are the Assad's available to babysit tonight?
    Be honest Eric. Just going on interviews you have seen would you rather your children have Hillary Clinton or Mrs Assad babysit your children? In a few weeks Hillary Clinton might have a lot of control over the future of your children. Do you trust her not to start a war with Russia? What do you think the outcome of that will be? Mr and Mrs Assad do not want to invade any country. They are doing their best to stop a secular state being overrun by hordes of religious maniacs. By the way what "terrible things" has "he proven to have done" ? I think you are the one taken in by fairy stories.

Be honest Eric. Just going on interviews you have seen would you rather your children have Hillary Clinton or Mrs Assad babysit your children? In a few weeks Hillary Clinton might have a lot of control over the future of your children. Do you trust her not to start a war with Russia? What do you think the outcome of that will be? Mr and Mrs Assad do not want to invade any country. They are doing their best to stop a secular state being overrun by hordes of religious maniacs. By the way what "terrible things" has "he proven to have done" ? I think you are the one taken in by fairy stories.
    No one doubts they are protecting the country against religious nutters.

That isn't the point.

It is the methods used to stop the revolution.

If the American people decided to revolt and try and bring down the president, would you be happy for the president to drop bombs on towns with wafer thin relevance to the people that revolted?.

Because that is how it began, protesters being fired on by the syrian government personnel.

If peoples main defence of Assad is that they need video footage to prove his war crimes, then every historical battle is a pointless subject to discuss.

As we only have word of mouth, literature, art to go off with many conflicts. All illegitimate I presume.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 20-10-16 at 15:23.

Trump isnt evil. I would have a bet he will be remembered as a great leader of America and the world.

He will beat you if you dont agree ith his line.

It is obvious assad didn't want this situation.

But he lost control. Desperation led to the Iran Russia "alliance".

The only way to regain a smidgen of what he had was to obliterate and demoralise the sunni rebels. That includes bombing sunni towns, with normal people.

That is what I think has occurred anyway. He didn't begin the revolution, but he is not a nobleman.

Desperation can lead you to lose your head.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 20-10-16 at 15:32.

It is obvious assad didn't want this situation.

But he lost control. Desperation led to the Iran Russia "alliance".

The only way to regain a smidgen of what he had was to obliterate and demoralise the sunni rebels. That includes bombing sunni towns, with normal people.

That is what I think has occurred anyway. He didn't begin the revolution, but he is not a nobleman.

Desperation can lead you to lose your head.
    Are you saying that the bombing of towns containing normal people makes him an evil tyrant? If you are then you have to add the British and American WW2 leaders and generals to that list of evil tyrants. I've just come back from St Malo which was completely destroyed by the Americans. They dropped napalm on French civilians. Read Howard Zinn. He was one of the US pilots who dropped napalm on Royan. They killed 1700 French civilians and flattened the place. The British, French and Americans killed tens of thousands of French civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royan#...ction_of_Royan

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v02/v02p301_beck.html

I haven't read enough of Eric's posts to determine whether he's a WUM or really is terminally gullible. His spelling and diction screams the former.

I've believed for many years that everyone's either corrupt or corruptible, and those who aren't corrupt consist entirely of infants.

In my ideal world then all who wield substantial power (MPs, senior civil servants, bankers, police and army officers, etc) should undergo publicly held polygraph tests periodically so that the rest of us can gain a much better insight into what their true character is.