+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I Can't access my hotmail account. Cany anyone help

I Can't access my hotmail account. Cany anyone help

Hello font of all knowledge.

For the last week I have been trying to sign into my hotmail account but can't!

I sign in. I type my password in

Once I try to log in, I get the following: It looks like someone else might be using your account

I click on 'NEXT'

Hotmail then brings up a page stating: How do you want to receive your security code?

I have two options:

1/" mail n*****@hotmail.com" (which is a 2nd hotmail account)
    2/"I don't have these any more"

If I use option 1, no code is received at n*****@hotmail.com

If I use option 2 ( a 3rd email account I have, which is just as well), I get the following:

Where should we contact you?
    Enter an email address that's different from the one you're trying to recover.
    Contact email address

I enter a 3rd email address used by myself, I then get a code, which I enter

I then get the following:
    Tips to get back into your account:
    If possible, answer these questions from a device and location that you've used before with this account.
    On the following pages, answer as many questions as you can. If you don't know an answer, just try your best guess.
    I fill in all the questions, including the security question

After clicking 'Next', I get asked for any other passwords I may have used. I haven't used any other. I fell in the only one I have ever used.

After clicking 'Next', I then get: Account recovery for g******.co.uk (i.e my email address)
    For these questions you might want to ask for help from family, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of emails you've sent them.
    Email addresses of contacts you've recently sent emails to (one per text box)

I fill it this correctly

I then get an email from Microsoft:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. What's next?

We'll review the answers you submitted and send you an update soon. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for us to get back to you. If we are able to verify you as the account owner, you will receive a link to reset your password to regain access to your account.

Thank you for your patience. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

Thank you,

Microsoft Support Team

THEN I DO NOT HEAR AGAIN FROM MICROSOFT!!!

So can anyone tell me, how do I access my email account?

Many thanks of anyone can help

Re: I Can't access my hotmail account. Cany anyone help

Let The Sun newspaper know that you've been emailed a top secret expose on some celebrity or top politician. They'll get into it for you.

Eric, good answer! But not what I'm quite looking for. Thanks though....

I have had the same issues, My email address that I have used for years suddenly doesn't exist anymore? Filled in the questions they supplied but apparently not well enough for them, so I am scuppered.

Sorry can't be more helpful but at least you know it's not just you.

p.s. love a bit of northern soul, Jimmie Raye and the MVP's cant get enough of.

Quote Originally Posted by cad monkey View Post
    I have had the same issues, My email address that I have used for years suddenly doesn't exist anymore? Filled in the questions they supplied but apparently not well enough for them, so I am scuppered.

Sorry can't be more helpful but at least you know it's not just you.

p.s. love a bit of northern soul, Jimmie Raye and the MVP's cant get enough of.
    How many different tablets/phones or laptops do you use for email? I think if you have it open on a few all the time then when you try and log on on another it brings up security check, I could never work it out either. Right pain in the ass

Probably of no help but have you checked Junk Mail for any communication you're still waiting for?

Hotmail have got problems today.

If you are running into Outlook or Hotmail problems, then you might find the service totally down today via their website, Android and iOS apps, or through other services. If Outlook.com isn’t experiencing an outage, you could be having sign-in related issues with their log-in box other than password errors.

@ MrSoul

Use the 'Chat with Microsoft Support' link at the bottom of the webpage at this address pasted below - to chat online directly to Microsoft support, and explain your issue with a member of its support team maybe. I know it says 'compromised' account' but they should be willing and able to help you, and you could always suggest that you think it may have been.

Good luck.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...omised-account

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Hotmail have got problems today.

If you are running into Outlook or Hotmail problems, then you might find the service totally down today via their website, Android and iOS apps, or through other services. If Outlook.com isn’t experiencing an outage, you could be having sign-in related issues with their log-in box other than password errors.
    Outlook.com (AKA Hotmail.com and Live.com) is up and running - both website and via app. I'm pretty sure it has been all day .