+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lambert

Lambert

I've given him enough time to make an appraisal, and I'm afraid he's not the answer. No pace, no runs, and more importantly never gets in the position to strike. Which is a bit of a snag if you're a striker. Yes he plays a couple of neat chest off/headers, but that is not enough if your a lone striker. Bothroyd, chopra dale, Alston, stant HE'S NOT

Re: Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I've given him enough time to make an appraisal, and I'm afraid he's not the answer. No pace, no runs, and more importantly never gets in the position to strike. Which is a bit of a snag if you're a striker. Yes he plays a couple of neat chest off/headers, but that is not enough if your a lone striker. Bothroyd, chopra dale, Alston, stant HE'S NOT
    Dale and Stant - Carl Dale is one of my favourite City players and. although I was never as keen on Phil Stant as most others seem to be, I can appreciate what he gave to us during the time he was at Cardiff, but they never played in the top two divisions in their life.
    Rather than be so critical of the one man up front, I'd prefer to point out that every player who had been given that role for us this season (and I make it five now) has found it very hard going. To my mind, the most obvious reason for this is that we have been absolutely hopeless at getting other players alongside or beyond whoever has the thankless task of leading our attack and with a central midfield trio of Gunnarsson, Whittingham and Ralls, I don't see that situation changing any time soon unless our wingers are told to play narrower.

Absolutely agree. The gap between our midfield and Lambert was huge, even in the first half when Whittingham and Ralls had some energy. I'm disappointed that Huws doesn't seem to figure, but Warnock's hands are rather tied with the personnel we have at the moment unless Richardson / Huws can step up.

Lambert also took one ball down in the box, turned and shot - I know it went over the bar but it showed what he is capable of in the unlikely event of his getting the ball in that area.

We were battered for 20 or so minutes of the second half last night but somehow calmed it down a bit after that. A very good point against a very good footballing side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dale and Stant - Carl Dale is one of my favourite City players and. although I was never as keen on Phil Stant as most others seem to be, I can appreciate what he gave to us during the time he was at Cardiff, but they never played in the top two divisions in their life.
    Rather than be so critical of the one man up front, I'd prefer to point out that every player who had been given that role for us this season (and I make it five now) has found it very hard going. To my mind, the most obvious reason for this is that we have been absolutely hopeless at getting other players alongside or beyond whoever has the thankless task of leading our attack and with a central midfield trio of Gunnarsson, Whittingham and Ralls, I don't see that situation changing any time soon unless our wingers are told to play narrower.
    Agree with the wingers playing narrower bit both Noone and Pilkington never got near to Lambert,also Gunnarson,Whitts and Ralls cannot play together in central midfield

He will come good he is playing catch up re his match fitness not played many games before coming to us.He is far better than what we have had lately give him a bit more time then see.He has only been here five minutes.